Taking the mick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Taking the mick

The only problem on this forum with that is the sheer volume of posts every day, I'm sure the mods have enough to deal with other than monitoring it like nannies, it's up to us guys to check a defence and make an adult and informed decision, I have had it a few times when selling.

Maybe the powers that be who run the ukara system could make it simpler to check as I have had a couple of instances where details have not been entered properly causing the self check not to work but ring a friendly retailer and they confirm it in other ways
    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrisianspirit View Post
      Now there's a question for you guys. Whilst an over 18 with no defence trying to buy isn't committing an offence, would they be if they knew a defence was required?

I seem to have something in my mind about people knowingly attempting to get others to break the law, but can't work out if its nonsense or not. And we know ignorance isn't a valid defence in a court of law.

I think I just confused myself...
      You are confusing 2 laws and mixing them together.

a) Selling / Buying - You cannot sell a RIF to someone without a defence. If you do, the seller is breaking the law. The buyer has done nothing wrong (apart from morally being a knob) in the eyes of the law.

b) Ownership of RIF's is illegal. You are not allowed to have a toy gun that looks like a real weapon. There is a tiny little bit of legislation tagged onto the end of the VCRA that allows people a defence for owning a RIF providing they meet certain criteria. Should the Police get involved for any reason, it is up to the owner to prove that they have a valid defence. If you are unable to do this then the RIF's can be seized and the owner prosecuted.
      JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

Originally posted by N_Scooby View Post
        b) Ownership of RIF's is illegal. You are not allowed to have a toy gun that looks like a real weapon. There is a tiny little bit of legislation tagged onto the end of the VCRA that allows people a defence for owning a RIF providing they meet certain criteria. Should the Police get involved for any reason, it is up to the owner to prove that they have a valid defence. If you are unable to do this then the RIF's can be seized and the owner prosecuted.
        Typing out of your arse there, ownership is 100% legal, buying requires a defence, check your facts.

Comment

Get caught outside of your house or in your car ( public place beleive it or not ) with a rif without a valid defense or reason to be transporting a rif and you will be prosecuted . Now a skirmish weopon is easy to defend , as you will be traveling to or from a skirmish ,Airsoft shop etc . Your lack of a defense for a non firing rif / toy . Would be a lot harder to defend unless you are a registered re enactor or in the film / movie business or a museum curator . .
          Our defense relys on the fact that we are skirmishing at a venue with third party insurance , how would that cover a water pistol / toy etc as they are not skirmishable weopons

Comment

There are some serious clowns out there!

OK, OWNING A RIF IS NOT ILLEGAL....no if's or but's, full stop, period, its FULLY legal to own a RIF.

You are allowed to transport or carry a RIF in a public place, again, there is no law against it. The law comes into effect when you're carrying the RIF irresponsibly, or threateningly, which, given the nature of the product basically equates to having it on show. So, again, carrying a RIF in a discreet case / bag, or in the trunk of your car carries no penalty what so ever. This also means you need no sob story, or convoluted explanation of your pastimes in order to move your RIF from A to B. You don't NEED any form of documentation (apart from proof of age) to legally purchase a RIF, so why would you need any of those things to justify ownership?

If the fuzz should stop you and ask why you have it, it's enough to state that it's for personal use.....if the RIF is being transported responsibly, they have no right to question you about it. Obviously if you state it's for a robbery or some other shady dealings then you've really pulled your own pant's down, and you clearly have the mental age of a small rodent.

If people want to make up laws, great, you only make your own life harder, but please check the facts before trying to make everyone else's life more difficult.

Comment

It would be better if the UKARA self check wasn't just a self check. I know you can use it to search for other players but are you allowed to?

If you can then you could just have a system like this;

Buyer gives email and postcode/player no.
              Seller checks UKARA database for said player.

Buyer then shows proof that its them, i.e pm a picture with their Zero in username and date along with a driving license/passport/any other valid form of ID.
              OR
              items will be shipped to the address that is show on UKARA and no other.

That would prevent people from using a random player number.

If you are allow to use the self check to search another player to confirm they have a defense this should be mandatory!
              For Sale
              Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Snowdrop Find out more about Snowdrop
              Working...
              X