This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flak inbound.

There is no allegation about the post being altered..... I have the screen shots!

- - - Updated - - -

This is how it looked after editing: as post number 3

This is how it looked as quoted in Post number 5

I have all the screen captures of the conversation with Rampers afterwards too.

Comment

I have to say I find myself hard pressed to disagree with angry pirate. The undoubted truth is that ZeroOne, who own and operate an airsoft retail outlet, are justified in censoring attempts to promote other retailers on their website:

Originally posted by angry pirate View Post
      I have to say I have no issues with a forum owner deciding that they don't want other retailers mentioned. They have coughed up to host it so it's only fair.
      As much as I don't like that rule I can see that it makes sense and it is at least clear-cut. There are (thankfully) other, non-retailer specific forums (e.g. Arnie's) where I can discuss other retailers without problems, but then again it's not as easy for me to determine the bias of those forums, where retailers may be exerting influence behind the scenes through sponsorship and the like. However, like angry pirate says:

Originally posted by angry pirate View Post
      That said, I am less happy that post contents have allegedly been altered. It's one thing to remove posts that are not in keeping with a forum's ideology but it's something else to attribute comments to a user without their consent. If there's any truth (and it is an if) that crosses a line in my book as I cannot now trust any posts made are actually the opinions of the accreditted poster.
      This is fundamentally an issue of trust. If I cannot trust that a user's posts have not been edited after the fact to make them support or to lessen criticism of a product or service that ZeroOne provides, what is the point of public discussion? If I wanted to read a one-sided and deliberately vague account of a product or service that omits key faults, I'd read the retailer's listing of the product. I come to forums to read actual user experience, not the user experience the retailer wishes to present.

ZeroIn really need to explain this. Not impressed at all. Given the generally dodgy standard of this forum at present anyway (scams, extremely poor literacy) it wouldn't be much of a wrench to confine myself to Arnie's, GGI, UKAZ or any of the half-dozen other airsoft forums available.

Comment

No ones denying or having an issue over the rule about retailer and other forum mentioning.

Its the complete lack of care that's shown in other stuff that grips.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Da de da de da de da de da de da . Just enjoying the lull before the storm . ! Lol

Comment

Pass the popcorn, this could distract me from gta v!
            sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

I'm with Loki on this.

(Edited by forum admin)

I think Zeroin/Zeroone is great and wish them all the best in their future ventures. My opinion is often worthless and I have no input into discussions other than to derail threads and make myself look clever.

Rampage for prime minister! Rampage for prime minister!
              There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

How is this still up?
                Fire Team Zulu
                Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
                http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

This thread is so good that I have taken a break from fitting my 800 pounds worth of upgrades into my g3 to participate in it !

Comment

Comrade commissar disapproves of this thread
                    First and Only R.A.F Upper Heyford Site Operations Manager

Comment

4 hours!!! now to just sit and wait!

Comment

So.... To recap Watson, this 'forceghost' chap actually altered the entire content of a post?
                        I say...

Yes the chap did what was needed for the Country, NATO and St George. By thunder there will be statues to the fellow in every home across the land.
                        Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
                        Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Good for him, he had his moan.

If anyone doesn't like it here, please leave, we do not want complainers here.

"If you don't like it leave policy strikes again" you may be saying... Then why haven't you left?

Comment

The only 'censorship' that takes place is:

1. Discussion of other retailers. This works 2 ways; Firstly, we provide this forum, pay for it's software and bandwidth, and do not intend on it's use to advertise other retailers to our customers. Secondly, a lot of forum users like to bitch and moan - we do not intend on allowing the moaning of other retailers on our forum, as we will then be seen to be 'advertising' such moaning. Both very reasonable and simple reasons I think any civil person would agree.

2. General bitching, moaning, griping and personal attacks are not tolerated here. We do not intend to provide a venue for this in anyway. It's why Zero In was created many moons ago and why, I believe, it is the only forum to have continued to be the oldest running. We do not want to read all the negativity, there is enough of that in the news. We do not 'get off' on joining in with bitching, or reading about said bitching, and I believe the majority of the forum members don't either. Again, I think you must agree, this is perfectly acceptable.

I have always said, if you have a problem, and a face outside of the 'digital world', then come find us and talk - we're reasonable people and will go out of our way to address any genuine concerns and feedback. Experience has shown that the bitchers, the moaners - the 'trouble makers' - don't, because the keyboard is not present.

Zero In is a free community, for Zero One customers. If you don't like the way we run the forum - and we try and do it well, in the way we believe to be correct and reasonable and best for the longevity for all who use it - then I implore you to simply close your account, and go elsewhere. You are not prisoner here in any way whatsoever. There is no need to moan, try and create trouble or some sort of revolt, it won't happen. Give up and go somewhere else to create the negativity that you crave. Zero In is not the place for that, the majority of us users don't want to read it, and that is why it is 'censored', and for no other reason.

Dan
                            Director
                            Zero One, Ground Zero, NAE
                            Dan

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

seansamurai1 Over the 30 mark but not over the hill yet!!! Find out more about seansamurai1
                            Working...
                            X