Collapse

Throat mics or headsets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can some one send me a private with some links?

Hey guys perfect thread at the moment,... i am looking for some coms for my team too, can you pm me with some good links?

Thanks
    Nabil
    Always BEANS!!!!

Comment

Re: Throat mics or headsets?

Devgru headsets I cannot recommend them enough.
      I use the frogman (headset), my flatmate uses the throat mic. He has no problems hearing me but like it has already been stated throat mics can be tempermental.

They do indeed need to be tight around your throat, you need to make sure they are in the right position to transmit an audible message.

A team mate used the throat mic setup until the inner ear bud on the acoustic tube came off in his ear and had to be removed with some help from my leatherman, he now uses the frogman setup.

Besides if you use the headset with a boom mic you can pretend to be a pop star and strike the pose, Vogue!

Comment

Re: Throat mics or headsets?

Throat mics work on sonic resonance picked up by the mics which allows you to whisper and the message to still come through clearly. However if your voice box is not close the the surface of your throat you can lose some of the message if not all of it. Throat mics DO NOT work on all people but the boom mic works for everyone. If you want a throat mic check in the shop before you buy it, if you dont its money down the drain whereas you can buy the bowman style headseat for reasonable money to fit the cheap and cheerful motorola walkabout radios. Thats what we did and it works a treat

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RAWK Find out more about RAWK
        Working...
        X