Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Have Marushin ever made metal revolvers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Have Marushin ever made metal revolvers?

Heavyweight is not metal.

It is injection moulded polymer that has metal added to allow it to retain a cool metal like feel and weigh a fair bit more while still being plastic enough so that it conforms to the 'if it was modifid to fire a real round it would explode / not work' law that Japan has in place. This may be what the owner is mistaking for metal as it does feel cold to the touch and adds much more weight than convential plastics do.

'FireKnife'
    68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
    Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnife View Post
      Heavyweight is not metal.

It is injection moulded polymer that has metal added to allow it to retain a cool metal like feel and weigh a fair bit more while still being plastic enough so that it conforms to the 'if it was modifid to fire a real round it would explode / not work' law that Japan has in place. This may be what the owner is mistaking for metal as it does feel cold to the touch and adds much more weight than convential plastics do.

'FireKnife'
      You can't get silver heavyweight plastic, which is why the silver version of a black gun (WA, KSC, Tanaka etc.) always weighs less.

Comment

The new tm 1911 zinc plated / finished guns ruin that argument as they feel a lot heavier than the black 1911 guns , without the mags in place on either .i don't think there are any internal differences to cause this . I need to weigh them to prove this , but in the hand they feel heavier .

Comment

Originally posted by Stealthkiller View Post
          The new tm 1911 zinc plated / finished guns ruin that argument as they feel a lot heavier than the black 1911 guns , without the mags in place on either .i don't think there are any internal differences to cause this . I need to weigh them to prove this , but in the hand they feel heavier .
          TM dont use heavyweight plastic. If the black version was heavyweight, it would weigh more than the nickel one. The nickel is just a black one with the extra weight of the plating.

Comment

Still Dosnt explain the weight difference on the tm guns , it is quite noticeable .

Comment

Originally posted by Stealthkiller View Post
              Still Dosnt explain the weight difference on the tm guns , it is quite noticeable .
              The weight is the same, even the manual states this. I don't exactly see what you mean though as my Nickel Finish Series 70 weighs the same as my Blued Finish one. If you mean between a classic M9 and a modern Nickel / Chrome gun that could just be material density. The only way I have made a difference in weight between my 1911s is by putting the slimmer A1 grips on which have less metal weight material in them naturally but even then it is barely noticeable unless measured.

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
              You can't get silver heavyweight plastic, which is why the silver version of a black gun (WA, KSC, Tanaka etc.) always weighs less.
              Very true, though it is entirely possible to make it in black or similar and then re-finish it. Though that does leave it prone to chipping depending on the finish.

'FireKnife'
              68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
              Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Longshot Find out more about Longshot
              Working...
              X