Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone had a go with this?

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
    will be interesting to see if FAO allow it, as they don't allow the s*** version of the bfg....
    F&O finally decided to allow all SWAT products (VTG, BFG etc.) as well as the Oshiboom - I reckon this falls under the same insurance reqs

Comment

FAO allows the use of the TRMR.

Comment

Do you know this for sure? Also anyone know if they allow these at the grange and honiley?

Comment

I know FAO Midlands allow them as Felix posted it up the other day.
          IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

I got one of these less than a week ago, very easy to use and maintain. Comes with standard .209 shotshell adapter but you can buy 9mm and 12g adapters. I've used at FAO sites and Urban 6 the block.
            Go Hard, or Go Home!!!

Comment

I've got an Oshi already and have been waiting for this to be released.

Just ordered one so will have to wait for it to arrive..

Comment

Originally posted by Springs View Post
                I've got an Oshi already and have been waiting for this to be released.

Just ordered one so will have to wait for it to arrive..
                let us know if it nativley supports 9mm please

Comment

I've used the VTG, BFGX, Oshiboom and TRMR and the VTG and TRMR are standout products, with the Oshiboom coming a close 3rd...

VTG - Nice 2s delay and simple to set up as a booby trap but the plastic outer body does tend to get mashed on concrete - Very reliable and can take 12g shotgun shell (too loud to use) and 9mm as standard and 10mm, .209 shotgun primer, .22, 6.8mm and 6.3mm with an adaptor (only £7)
                  TRMR - A safe, simple to prime impact grenade although a fair bit heavier than the Oshiboom - Reliable.. .209 primer and 9mm bottom bits are available
                  Oshiboom - Lighter and well designed. Replacing the pin can be a pain if you don't know what you're doing - Reliable and .209 primer and 9mm bottom bits are available
                  BFGX - Not hugely reliable... I don't rate it all that highly

Hopefully a bit helpful

R
                  Last edited by rjb; 23 December, 2013, 00:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyyy View Post
                    I know FAO Midlands allow them as Felix posted it up the other day.
                    Might be bit of a reversal, but apparently they're not now - https://www.facebook.com/groups/2213...tal_comments=5

Nice! Just to say before anyone asks. These are NOT currently permitted at ANY of our sites. Though F&O is looking at them at the moment

Comment

they used them at the block on the xmas game on sunday ill tell you there good as i dived around a corner into one..... my ears rang for a wile and then a few hours later got one posted round the coner at my head X( again ears were ringing and that's on the .209 primers. dam thing are so damn quick to reload they had to introduce a flexible rule on the day to limit use of them to once or twice a game round.

like to leave a few dirty black circles of soot i noticed tho but the marshals even tested on flammable stuff and it did nothing (to the joy of the owners and insurers and the locals cried ;p ) though to be honest the primers sound like a door slamming from outside anyway.

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

got mine today..

first impressions are good. it comes standard with the 209 adapter. looking around it only comes with the 209 or 12g adapter.

i've only put 1 shell through it atm but will be testing this at the weekend.

Comment

Had a go of these at a game on Saturday, my friend went down to a shop and bought a black one with a shotgun primer head. I loved it so much that he's going back today and he's picking up a blue shotgun primer one for me.

I must say, they are just about the simplest BFG I've used in my airsofting career. I bought an Ohshiboom a few weeks ago and having used plenty of Dynatecs and VTG's, I thought that was the pinnacle, even though that has a safety pin but doesnt require reloading tools. The TRMR adheres to the KISS acronym very well. No pins or reloading tools to worry about, just a metal head containing the used blank that screws off. It's about as quick as you're gonna get when it comes to reloading a BFG.

The twist operation is short and sweet, and you can immediately tell when it's live because of the red o-ring that is exposed. In darkness, it is identifiable as live because of the gap in the main body.

When I tried it out on Saturday, it was dropped onto a tarmac road and it was plenty loud from 5 feet away. The effect will of course be magnified inside a building, so I would definitely recommend ear protection for use with these, especially with 9mm rounds.

All in all, a cracking bit of kit, can't wait to get hold of mine later!
                          Last edited by bob86; 30 December, 2013, 16:34. Reason: retailer

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron93 View Post
                            Had a go of these at a game on Saturday, my friend went down to a shop and bought a black one with a shotgun primer head. I loved it so much that he's going back today and he's picking up a blue shotgun primer one for me.

I must say, they are just about the simplest BFG I've used in my airsofting career. I bought an Ohshiboom a few weeks ago and having used plenty of Dynatecs and VTG's, I thought that was the pinnacle, even though that has a safety pin but doesnt require reloading tools. The TRMR adheres to the KISS acronym very well. No pins or reloading tools to worry about, just a metal head containing the used blank that screws off. It's about as quick as you're gonna get when it comes to reloading a BFG.

The twist operation is short and sweet, and you can immediately tell when it's live because of the red o-ring that is exposed. In darkness, it is identifiable as live because of the gap in the main body.

When I tried it out on Saturday, it was dropped onto a tarmac road and it was plenty loud from 5 feet away. The effect will of course be magnified inside a building, so I would definitely recommend ear protection for use with these, especially with 9mm rounds.

All in all, a cracking bit of kit, can't wait to get hold of mine later!
                            Used mine yesterday as well at a local game. from the times i used it, each time it fired. There was a couple of Oshi's on site which failed to go off a couple of times.

Overall i'm happy with it. Want to try and use it more but waiting for my grenade holsters as my current setup is mag pouches which are too big for it.

will probably end up getting another one later on as well and possibly get rid of the Oshi
                            Last edited by bob86; 30 December, 2013, 16:34.

Comment

Looks very interesting. Will be searching this out at the airsoft show in Feb. Good price aswell, but will barter for both 9mm and 12 gauge adaptors to be included in price.
                              sigpic
                              "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

lol you can try, they are fixed in position, not a collar like the old bfgs

just had a play! still grinning now!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ben_almighty Find out more about Ben_almighty
                                Working...
                                X