Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Would you sell your whole armoury for a simplified loadout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you sell your whole armoury for a simplified loadout?

I am having abit of an armoury crisis at the moment. I have a few decent mid-range guns, 2 AEG's a sniper rifle and 2 pistols, and i am really tempted to sell all the guns i have and buy just one rifle and one side-arm.

I am really tempted to get a SCAR L or an M14 EBR and somekind of reliable sidearm.

Do you think this is a good idea, and would you do it??

Re: Would you sell your whole armoury for a simplified loadout?

Depends, you could upgrade a rifle or two for multipurpose use, I'd stick with your sidearms, if they're past their days, by all means get a new one. I wouldn't personally do this, love my rifle to bits.

Comment

I have an mp5 and spas 12 for cqb and an m4 for woodland. Also have an m9 just in case. I dont feel that i need anymore than that. SELL SELL SELL go back to basics son.
      "Obedience breeds discipline, discipline breeds unity, unity breeds power, power is life"
      Welcome to Umbrella

Comment

Cleared out pretty much all my kit at Christmas. Now have one primary, one pistol, and going to get a cheap backup soon.

Wont save me money in the long time I know Ill just go back to the tattoos :p

Comment

Or you could go for a GBB/ICS M4, then you could just swap the tops over for woodland or CQB.

Comment

I have one gun, one back up and 2 pistols I dont use the pistols to skirm with. Just dick around in the house with.

Scar-L and an aks74un for backups.
            SAVE OUR SPORT
            http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

look at me

im constantly buying and selling weapons, sometimes my armoury has consisted of 15-20 guns, and ive been through around 50 in the last year

however recently sold most of my guns to buy my ptws..

problem is, once you have simplified, you wil end up building up a small armoury again - but you can allways sell it
              |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

I have always liked the idea of having one reliable rifle that will suit a bit of everything.

Side-arms are cool to collect though, but use one favorite to skirmish with.

Comment

Originally posted by spetsnazdave87 View Post
                  I know Ill just go back to the tattoos :p
                  This is pretty much what ive done. Not buying anything at the moment, not even skirmishing much. Throwing all my cash into my ink.

Id be wary of investing in just an EBR. Ive got one, and theyre beautiful. But theyre very heavy, massively on the front end. You may find youll want something else for fast loadouts.
                  AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

This is where getting a simple M4, but a really good one, comes in.

Comment

I wouldn't sell my entire armoury and just get one reliable gun because guns aren't reliable.
                      Even on the best maintained guns something will eventually wear out, break or just jam.

If it were me in your position I'd sell the APS-2 and possibly the AK and then add the Scar. The Star one with the EGLM is very nice indeed.
                      I wouldn't go for an EBR as an only AEG (or even an only backup AEG) just because of the weight of the damn things. They're nice as a once and a while gun but for an every skirmish gun. Well at least not for me.

Comment

I have had a JG M4 and i didnt really like it. Its a great skirmish weapon but.... i just dont like M4's!

Yea i think i will sell the APS-2 and the AK. Then maybe sell the 2 pistols i have for 1 really nice side-arm. But i think i might keep the MP5 (when i have finnished it)

And is the EBR really that heavy!? My mate has a JG AU3-G and i think thats a heavy beast. So surely if i had a decent sling then i wouldnt be that hard to haul around??

Cheers for all the rapid response guys

Comment

Originally posted by spartacus View Post
                          I have had a JG M4 and i didnt really like it. Its a great skirmish weapon but.... i just dont like M4's!

Yea i think i will sell the APS-2 and the AK. Then maybe sell the 2 pistols i have for 1 really nice side-arm. But i think i might keep the MP5 (when i have finnished it)

And is the EBR really that heavy!? My mate has a JG AU3-G and i think thats a heavy beast. So surely if i had a decent sling then i wouldnt be that hard to haul around??

Cheers for all the rapid response guys
                          I said a good M4... Regardless, if you don't like them, you don't like them... Any other assault rifle would do the trick, after all, they are built to do the job in real life. Maybe a SOPMOD would offer the versatility and modular capabilities to be tailored to any situation? But then you don't like M4s... I can't think of another equally modular weapon system...

And yes, EBRs really are that heavy... Even the Classic Army one is pretty weighty.

Comment

That said, if you use one exclusively, youll have a left forearm the size of a beer keg within a few months. They weigh a tonne. My arms do ache a little after hefting mine around all day. Even with a sling.
                            AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

I sold all my ww2 gear and weapons and now went back to my basic flektarn camo's. I dont regret it for a minute as I got alot of money back and im having even more fun now that im not worrying about how im going to carry a .30cal and tripod at one time or always checking to make sure ive not lost any of my gear etc..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

spartacus When I am not leading my fellow slaves in an uprising against the Roman republic my main hobbies are airsoft and motorbikes. Find out more about spartacus
                              Working...
                              X