Battlefield4 : Airsoft Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield4 : Airsoft Edition

Sort of but not always. Even with a big budget and all the time in the world you would still have the risk there and that is enough to worry about it.

Having done a few years at college the whole form filling process for this was always a bugger and often it was just easier to work round. Plus you have to remember as with all jobs you get stupid actors and actresses, do you really, really want some of them picking up something that could still cause injury :p.

Either way it is amazing how people react sometimes around even replica guns for filming. Neither is budget or lazyness but I see your point, just another thing to consider.

'FireKnife'
    68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
    Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Also, I forgot this, some countries have very strict laws on firearms use with films. Even in Zero dark thirty (whihc is pretty good on the gun front), the undercover Pakistani agents in burkas are using rubber AKMs because that scene was shot in India and they could only use rubber prop guns.

Also nearly any modern film, filmed in South Africa will have R4s mocked up as AKs etc because they'r so easy to get there
      (see Machine gun Preacher and District 9)
      Fire Team Zulu
      Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
      http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

Very true. In some countries it is also full auto only is banned even for prop weapons so they have to either use sound effects or CGI or both.

There is a lot in films that wouldn't make sense in real life but with enough editing they can do most things. Perhaps they don't consider the extra 10 seconds to remove the hop wheel by CGI necessary for the 0.5% that might notice but as said before some people will and pick up on it a lot.

'FireKnife'
        68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
        Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by tomson2912882 View Post
          Alright buddy, relax lol - the OP was made in jest.

Spent 3 years in Uni doing the stuff and I've always had a good eye for detail and the like anyway - certainly doesn't make me a 'goof' or a 'know it all'. Just means I was paying attention.

Second, yes you're right, it does show off capabilities and ability but when you're trying to create an all realistic artefact which incorporates the use of military individuals and the like it bothers me that things like that aren't bought up and corrected. - personal preference at the end of the day.
          Oh lol I wasn't calling you those things, I was talking about the kind of people who post a still frame from a film with the caption 'ad you can clearly see the fire selector is a full centimetre off the full auto position and yet the weapon is firing a lot of bullets'. Spotting motor plates on game models is totally fine in comparison. I remember noticing the airsoft magazines in mw2 and having a refined chuckle to myself.
          - confirmed Mr.cool coolest of the cool airsofters.
          - I can't believe I'm lame enough to put my extremely cool youtube channel in my signature

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tomson2912882 Find out more about tomson2912882
          Working...
          X