Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Theft From a Skirmish Site?

Originally posted by Felixpredator View Post
    Anyone know if UV pens work on the metal (or plastic) parts of the gun, if so we should standardise this to prevent people from nicking guns (not 100% but it'll drastically reduce it), how do you know its yours, its got your name on it
    i like that idea, generally speaking you could also use data tagging but that would be expensive but hey at least then you know its yours for definate.
    modified m16 marksmans rifle
    m4 full stock
    ca m203 3x shells
    ca870
    ksc glock 17 with m3 laser
    ics mp5 silenced, cheers markybobs

Comment

Why don't the company's put proper serial numbers on their guns. Then, when you buy the gun, it's registered to you. Then register the number with the police. So, when it comes to resale, you have to go the proper authorities. This would not only stop sale to the unregistered/underage. But then the police would know who has what, and where it is. We have to do the same with real firearms, and shotguns. So, why not RIF's?

Comment

Nice idea but will never happen.

Besides, where would you put the number? Bodykits, gearboxes etc change from gun to gun far too often.

Comment

should've added that there should be a permanent part of the gun that would not be allowed to be changed. But where? as all guns vary.

Comment

Aye, personally i think i mite go for the UV option, then when i sell something cross it out and put- sold to X on it, and try and get them to continue it. But i think ill also start leaving more kit locked in the motor, which is indeed a sad day, but better safe than sorry i suppose. I think people will notice that generally its smaller things- magazines, ammo, handguns, that tend to go missing, so maybe a lockbox or a holdall with a padlock is a good idea?
            G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
            RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

All this talk of expensive equipment such a CCTV and padlocked areas etc, and no one has thought to leave equipment they're not using in their cars? It's what i do it seems logical, cheap and easy and i've never had anything stolen.
              My Trader Feedback - http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...6065-Dan-Jones

Comment

Yes , but it's a problem if

A. Like Billericay, the Car Park is a 10 to 15 minute round trip
                B. You dont Drive, like me I am dropped off or come by Train/Taxi

Comment

BFGs have always been the most commonly 'lost' items at sites Ive been to, guy at a game I was at threw a BFG out the door we were defending at my site and a few minutes later it was gone... mysterious!

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Glock18Monkey View Post
                    Not experienced or heard of anything like this at Ambush Adventures, mind you the safezones are always manned by at least 1 Marshall.
                    Certainly would not like to think what would happen if a thief was caught....60 odd angry airsofters would surely put the right message across!
                    Ambush Adventures did had a theft case last year. They dealt with it very promptly and I beleive (no- I know) took steps to find the culprit- all credit to them.

They also got some of Ambush's sponsors to replace the stolen weapon. What more could you ask of a site owner? Ambush were first class.

I think airsofters are very much on the whole are honest and honorable bunch- I'm always proud about the honesty we all show in gameplay. I never worry about my kit in a safe zone. There's little we can do about the very few bad apples but they do eventually show themselves up.

I think sensible precautions like keeping your kit coverered up in bags when out on a game will be a deterence- some one rumaging through kit is a very strong indicator as opposed to causuallly lifting kit off a table.
                    Drop'm out with a low cap and save the environment.

Comment

but even with the uv marker you still have to locate your stolen good before hand and i doubt a thief would stick around

Comment

With people being about you in this day & age have to expect it - face it everyone has at some point stolen something. Be it a pen or a Car we have all done it - leaving your stuff out ripe for the stealing is your own fault.

However what I find more shocking is the extent people go to on here to rip off people with their sales threads.
                        I APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE IF I BREAK THE RULES.

Comment

If any of you are musicians you may well know of the tiny radio chip you can stick into your instrument. Much like tagging your pet cat or dog, I guess you could stick on inside a pistol grip or on the inside of the receiver out of sight.

I'm fairly sure there are GPS ones too so you can actually track where it is. Although they would probably cost more than the gun...Well maybe not in the VFC BAR's case anyway
                          SAVE OUR SPORT
                          http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can pick up an RFID set fairly cheaply

EDIT: just found this for less than £40

Comment

Someone mentioned about guns having serial numbers and ICS M4's at least i think CA one's also have unique serials on their guns but there is probably no database for what is owned by who.

I agree anyone who is caught stealing is banned from site forever and have their UKARA binned (if they have one) as i have played at many sites in the UK and have never lost a thing and i find it appalling that someone would do that.

curlyboy
                              'I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around' Han Solo

Comment

Originally posted by curlyboy View Post

I agree anyone who is caught stealing is banned from site forever and have their UKARA binned (if they have one)

And the rest! Arrested, taken to court and fined.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mj23lj Find out more about mj23lj
                                Working...
                                X