Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promoting Airsoft!

Alright forum peeps,

Let me ask you guys something, is it just me, or are you getting fed up with explaining to people "its like paintball, only..."

I think more awareness is need for airsoft! Plus, as reading some of the stories of panicy neighbours and such, i think an education is needed towards the general population!

Not sure how to go about this, but thought i'd start a thread and see what people say to this... Airsoft rules, paintball sucks ass.

(oh and DEFINATELY need more chicks in the sport, one girl came to Urban not so long ago, and daaaaaaaamn!)

Re: Promoting Airsoft!!!!

airsoft!!!! whats that??? well have you heard of paintball? yeah...well its like paintball but........
    an all too familiar conversation for me
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I knew it wasn't just me! It p***es me off sometimes as airsoft i reckon is more expensive, skilled and tactical than bleeding paintfall!

Comment

paintball is only reconised because of the coverage on tele from us and europe . trust me ive bin there done it , peopl like paintball for the pain and fastness . i switched to airsoft because of the tactics and swayed all my team this way aswell . if we could get some sort of sponsorship programme runnin for the teams from the major production manufactor's .

Aswell as gettin it televised on small tv programs or doin it from self made channel .

we defo need to arrange so airwave action for airsoft guys

Comment

You've got this all wrong...

The more people you tell, the greater number of general plebs of society turn up. Then you end up with another paintball, where it is all stag do's and pikeys!

Keeping the sport low key means you spread word of mouth to the people you would like to see play.

Comment

I agree with jagillham
            keep it on a need to know basis
            i found out about my local site with a bit off research and if the person is genuaine enough they will do the reserch to play in the great game
            Rather than having Delta Force Paintball throwing leaflets at you while your trying to do a bit off shopping
            If We did have all the plebs off society as jalligham said we would much more reports off gear stolen like the other topic that is going on at the moment
            some Tw@t is going to try using metal bbs and see how many people he can hurt
            and we are gonna get some more kids trying to rob banks with more realistic looking weaponry
            the people you should inform about it is Family , Friends , Neigbours and the local bobbys so you dont get a raid from armed responce i so unfornutaly did
            Luckily it was my dads mate who was head off the team i explained to him what the situation was and they let me off pretty lightly i would say
            but on a plus i got to see some pretty nice real steel weaponry

Comment

You know what, i agree to, good points lads. On what you have mentioned, two things... How do i inform local bobby's? And two, how in the hell did you get raided, and what was it like? (you ca leave out the bit where you messed your shorts!)

Comment

just wait till you see them and can have a conversation with them
                there is usually police days you can go to and if your lucky talk to your local armed responce team

yeah i was carrying my gun from the car in a bag but i had left the barrel outside by accident and to top that i had a hoody and my mate had a hoody on too on so some passerby must off thought i was going to rob the local post office or somthing i was still on my drive taking out the kit when 2 bmw x5 jeeps pulled up 2 subaru imprezzas and 2 volvo estates heres the armed responce jump out glocks at the ready and told us to put the weapon on the floor.
                at this point the leader off the team reconised me and told everyone it was okay and to put the guns down
                it was one scary expericane i tell you that

Comment

If i had a quid for all the times i've said "It's like paintball, only..." I'd be stinking rich by now!

Comment

Originally posted by murta369 View Post
                    Rather than having Delta Force Paintball throwing leaflets at you while your trying to do a bit off shopping
                    Think you'll find the company waving leaflets in your face are I.P.G. (International paintball games)a middle man firm, not Delta Force. If you want to keep Arisofting for Airsofters, then I personally wouldnt slate the paintball companies keeping the chav and the riff raff from your doors.

Yep, the less publicity the better, or the chavs will "come to town!" This coming from a Delta Force Manager, who prefers airsoft to paintball!

Comment

Originally posted by CJ Coolfish View Post
                      (oh and DEFINATELY need more chicks in the sport, one girl came to Urban not so long ago, and daaaaaaaamn!)
                      Not heard of NAG then? www.nationalairsoftgirls.co.uk

Comment

I also hate it when people make comments about airsoft that are totally uneducated
                        my dad says ohh airsoft is more dangerous than paintball
                        you get biggers bruises off the paintball guns
                        and someone my mate knows said ohh airsoft can kill you they are much more powerfuller than paintball . Wrong! they both shoot around the same fps give or take

Comment

No, but just looked and the newest member is called STEVE!!!!

WTF?!?!?!

Comment

i here it way to much!!!
                            as for neighboors and the like being conserned (even certain familly members) it should be explained to them fully so they know exactly about the sport! my dad wasnt to happy but after he got to touch, handle and shoot my gun he didnt hate it as much. as for neighboors it will let them know it is not real and cant kill their most precious cat!

exploiting airsoft to the wrong people is a big thing so i agree with jag. at school there is us, the airsofters, and the people who want to join. the problem is that we dont want the wrong people i.e. chavs!!

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
                              Think you'll find the company waving leaflets in your face are I.P.G. (International paintball games)a middle man firm, not Delta Force. If you want to keep Arisofting for Airsofters, then I personally wouldnt slate the paintball companies keeping the chav and the riff raff from your doors.

Yep, the less publicity the better, or the chavs will "come to town!" This coming from a Delta Force Manager, who prefers airsoft to paintball!

not all paintballers are chav's

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CJ Coolfish Playin games and takin names! Find out more about CJ Coolfish
                              Working...
                              X