Missing gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Missing gun

Have you contacted the marshalls personally, or on their FB page?

Comment

Yeah they said no-one has handed it or called them, no-one replied on the FB page.

Comment

Call me cynical if you like, but unfortunately there are too many people out there who won't look a gift horse in the mouth, even at the risk of falling foul of our "grey" laws on rifs.
        the marshalls & mod security would be the first contact, & with no success there the next step is your choice, do you contact the police & risk the "scandal" that may be generated from a lost rif (bearing in mind that the army loses track of weapons quite regularly), but to fail to contact the police would not give you any crime report number & therefore no option to claim on insurance ? (some home policies cover sporting equipment used away from home)
        as for spotting your gun at an airsoft event, probably highly unlikely spotting yours in a sea of m4's, especially as the new "owner" may change its looks or even break it down for projects or sales.

sorry to be so negative, I feel your pain, it just doesn't look good though.

Is the location in question a secure site, as in mod secured & patrolled, with no everyday public access ?

Comment

Yeah this has been my thought process entirely, everything you've said has made sense. Its a secure site, and no-one had access outside of the people who were there on the night; so realistically i've very confident that its in the possession of an airsofter who was there on the night. So i'm not very keen on getting the police involved because it would just cause agro for the guys down at ambush, which I don't want. There were only a small number of people there, half of which I see every week there, and half who I'd not seen before. A couple of the guys down there are looking into over the weekend, but i'm 99% it was one of the 8 or so people there who I didn't know.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus ambush have a register each night of everyone who was there and their registration details, hence if they wanted to they could find out, it depends how helpful they want to be.

Comment

I just looked on their Facebook page and couldn't see your post about a missing gun, so maybe post again? It may also be another regular who recognises you and the gun, but doesn't know you picked it up and is planning on bringing it back this week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

the posts won't come up on their page, they're in like a news feed that you have to click on unfortunately. If somebody grabbed it surely they would have let the marshall or just ring ambush or someone to let them know. I guess if nobody hands it in tomorrow at the sunday game then its definitely been nicked and i'll have to start following people up who were there.

Comment

You need to post in their Facebook group, that's where you'll get an answer I would have thought. Much more traffic there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Just thought i'd update this to give a big thanks to the guys down at Ambush and the guy who's kept it safe for me, just as I thought its gone it turns out that yet again airsoft attracts good honest gentlemen. A good end to a Sunday! thanks for you help on here too guys.

Scott

Comment

Glad you got it back chap, Charlie and the marshals at Ambush are good lads.

Comment

Glad to hear it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Scotty Dog A Northerner living down south Find out more about Scotty Dog
                      Working...
                      X