The Price of Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Price of Power

I suppose it could, the only issue might be the full auto hammer mechanism in the WE, but if you swapped internals it could potentially work. That would make a pretty nice pistol, especially if you got the silver WE. I love reverse two tone.

Comment

Sounds quite interesting, I think I saw a kit for the TM M9A1 to make it a M92f too but it was pricey. I'm sorely tempted by the new M9 from what I've heard about it, but it's quite expensive and I could get a Guarder kit to repair my old M92f for about £80. Almost half the price. But is the general consensus to avoid metal kits?

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
        . I love reverse two tone.
        Me too! If I get a Guarder kit I was thinking of sanding down the frame. Silver frame, dark grey slide. It should look rather good.

Comment

In the heat or even mild weather it should be ok on green ,single figures temp they tend to run out of steam quicker or vent. Black gass or the new(ish) WE neuprol 0.3 is mean't to work well in lower temps on full metal pistols although I havent had the chance to try them. Metal is nice but less econmic this is where the improuved piston heads come in handy .

Comment

Originally posted by shakingbanana View Post
            Sounds quite interesting, I think I saw a kit for the TM M9A1 to make it a M92f too but it was pricey. I'm sorely tempted by the new M9 from what I've heard about it, but it's quite expensive and I could get a Guarder kit to repair my old M92f for about £80. Almost half the price. But is the general consensus to avoid metal kits?
            Metal kits can be ok, but the Guarder ones are cheap cast metal and need modification to fit. The finish isn't great either. I only buy CNCd kits personally. The cast guarder ones actually have a warning on the packaging to use low powered gas, because they aren't actually that much tougher than plastic.

Comment

Oh, didn't know that about the Guarder kits. Could you recommend a cnc'd one? I have a question about the compatibility of the old and new models. Would these parts from the old model fit the new one?
              Grips
              Outer barrel
              Inner barrel
              Piston head
              Hammer
              Trigger

As I love the ones I've got and would want to transfer them to the new M9 if possible.

Comment

Oh, didn't know that about the Guarder kits. Could you recommend a cnc'd one? I have a question about the compatibility of the old and new models. Would these parts from the old model fit the new one?
                Grips
                Outer barrel
                Inner barrel
                Piston head
                Hammer
                Trigger

As I love the ones I've got and would want to transfer them to the new M9 if possible.
                In think the only compatible parts there are the grips, although the new M9 is advertised as being able to take RS grips so there might actually be differences. Internals are quite different, although the trigger might fit. I don't think BBU parts will swap. There aren't really many decent CNC M9 kits (at a reasonable price) to be honest which is why a lot of people go for the Guarder cast kits, especially since nobody is coming out with new stuff for them. The Guarder kits aren't terrible, you just have to expect them to need some fitting work, and they aren't as light as machined aluminium so you will get a slower cycle rate. Look for newer Guarder kits rather than the much older ones. The kits from 2010 onward are of better quality and come closer to the high end CNC kits.

Comment

Hmmm, given my budget and the fact that I have so many parts for the M92f model I think I'll go for a Guarder kit. Is there a way to tell the 2010 one from the older kit?

Would it be possible to repair my plastic TM slide? Is there a glue or adhesive that could hold it together and survive the shock of use?
                  Last edited by shakingbanana; 23 June, 2014, 19:54.

Comment

Morning Chaps,

Does anyone know if there are parts being made for the new TM M9A1 yet? Things like outer barrels, triggers, guide rods, slide stop, etc.

Comment

Morning Chaps,

Does anyone know if there are parts being made for the new TM M9A1 yet? Things like outer barrels, triggers, guide rods, slide stop, etc.
                      I know detonator do a metal slides, outer barrel sets, with and without thread, and a scope mount. Just do a search for M9A1 Upgrade parts, you'll come up trumps

Six

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shakingbanana Find out more about shakingbanana
                      Working...
                      X