Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPSC airsoft UK?

Hi gang,
    Since my 5.1 hi capa is slowly becoming a race pistol and interest growing in the sport does anyone here know of any place that takes part in the activity in the dorset area?

Topic wont finish there however it will last 5 mins.

What are your views on practical pistol shooting? discuss discuss.

If theres a correct section for this mods please move accordingly, thank you.

Re: (not sure on section) IPSC airsoft UK?

i looked for airsoft ISPC stuff in the uk a while ago to no avail

always wanted to do it... good fun, good for developing skills etc (plus you get to run around with a completely chrome pistol and chrome optics :D), but never saw the point in building a race pistol if theres no real use for it
    Systema PTW M4A1 - TM M14 - KSC Glock 17 - WE 1911 MEU - TM Hi Capa race gat

Comment

Mine wasnt to be a race pistol intentionally but its turning into one minus the sights etc.

However i am seriously considering ditching my serpa holster and then getting a spooky ipsc holster so i can have all the optics etc, but keeping the pouches on my vest for security.

Comment

I think you'll find a very limited amount in the UK, as VCRA doesn't accept IPSC as a valid defence. Only existing airsofters will want to get involved, as anyone else won't be able to get the guns they require.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah thats true robin quite a niche market, but with the popularity HUGE in asia and growing rather fast in the US would make sense to attempt UK markets.

just found one guy, opened a CQB arena up north but also does practical pistol shooting, tis a start.

Ohhh look at this pimp thing, was thinking red but probably be best for black.

Comment

That Lai guy that was on AATV said he's brining it to the EU. So expect Belgium and Sweden to take a foothold then other places will follow suit. I for one am looking forward to it.

Comment

out of intreast is this part of the sport only hi cappas and colt 1911s or what ever they use or can you use berretas and other pistol types

For sale,JG G3 sas solid stock() PM for details

Comment

You can use whatever gun you want.

But airsoft wise most of the race gun parts are hi-capa or 1911.
                Dboys KAC PDW - PEQ - Lipo - 2x midcaps - £150ono
                Classic Army B&T MP5A5 - Battery - 2x midcaps - £200ono
                2x Clone M9 GBB - 1 Mag Each - £50ea ono

Comment

In real steel there are several devizions open which is your pimped out gun class and production which is any gun you want stock with tactical holsters and mag pouches.

In airsoft its the same business with open class most people use hi capas and 1911's due to their mass volume of upgrade parts.

Comment

next question are the race gun parts needed or can you go without em and just have the normal upgrades like hop-up barrel and mag valves?

tempted to take on lt percy with my new toy

For sale,JG G3 sas solid stock() PM for details

Comment

Not sure on that, I guess it will go into open class, will take a look at the rules later today.

I have a question actually regarding maintence since i will be getting a metal slide can i stick with my abby grease and silicon oil or do i have to get Moly G-n paste which is some dry metal to metal lubricant thing.

Comment

If you go in the open class, then you can have your holster and mags infront of your waist. If you go in normal class you have to use a closed style holster, so nothing fast draw, and have it behind your waist line. Having a pimped out gun is nout to do with it. But if your gun is pimped your likely to be a hardcore shooter and go in the open class

Comment

If you cant find anywhere. Have you considered doing it yourself. Contact a local gun club/Airsoft site see if they would be prepared to trial the idea. You never know it could bring extra revenue for they operators. you could get as much pistol time as poss. just an idea if no one is doing it .

Comment

I have looked into starting a club myself. It is not a complicated thing to do and the cost is pretty low. The Big problem is a venue! I contacted 4 venues and can you guess what the answer was when I mentioned the G word :eek:

I have a full set of UK and Interntional rules I can email you if you are intrested. Just pm me your Email address can't pm them there are a lot of pages.

If anyone know's of a venue in the south east that might be open to this please pm me.

Comment

For what it's worth, I'd certainly be interested in something like this.

EDIT: Also, because you get a "score" and that is what seems to legitimise a sport in a lot of people's eyes, I think it could only do positive things for Airsoft activity and may go some way to having our toys categorised as sporting equipment... if that is a good or bad thing, I'm not sure...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

LtPurcy Im awesome Find out more about LtPurcy
                              Working...
                              X