IPSC airsoft UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IPSC airsoft UK?

Yea i already have some 5.11 trousers in khaki and OD was thinking maybe a polo shirt in black and tan boots, smart casual tactical I suppose.

Get a custom polo with my sig (below) on it, that would be cool.

Comment

If you watch Nutnfancy on youtube, his gear can give you some ideas, although he does real-steel shooting, still worth having a look.

Comment

Yeah been following him for 2 years on youtube now, great guy, hes the reason why i brought 5.11 gear lol.

Anyway, anyone else got interest in a IPSC pistol? would love to do a custom gunsmithing service for people, give me the money for parts plus some for labour and then ill build it to your specification.

Comment

So, what are crucial upgrades for the TM hi-capa series?

Also, I can't see that the 5.1 is more accurate than it's little sister, the 4.3... Anyone want to shine light on this? - I know the length of a barrel doesn't give it longer range in AEGs, but does it apply to GBBs?
          Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 13 April, 2010, 10:35.

Comment

you wont notice the difference in accuracy between the 4.3 and the 5.1 if you're doing IPSC

you're shooting at a maximum of 10m realisticly speaking with no hopup
            Systema PTW M4A1 - TM M14 - KSC Glock 17 - WE 1911 MEU - TM Hi Capa race gat

Comment

Depends what your going for here, if you want a strictly IPSC race gun then you want to look at Nineball short stroke recoil spring and guide and nineball non hop barrel, as range isnt key here, as well as upgrades for your magazines like nineball gas router.

however with me ive gone a mixed route providing range and speed (once finished anyway) and then i can swap out 2 parts and then have a race gun.

Longer barrels do make a difference, hence why (what i found out) many put compensator on their gun not just for look, but to actually make the barrel longer which will increase accuracy.
              But yes as kingwell said, longer barrels arent essential and it goes back to looks.

Comment

That's what I've been thinking too, have a section for a race pistol and other for skirmishing. - Good idea, but sounds very expensive. I'm aware range does not matter in this case, but I would like a mixture, a hybrid as you will call it.

Comment

^^ indeed. People need to realise this. It isn't hard to hit a target at 10m. In fact it's pretty damned easy

Comment

Do it over time like LtPurcy is mate... spread out the cost and you/your missus wont notice you have a £600 pistol sitting infront of you :P

Comment

Originally posted by TheLazymarksman View Post
                      That's what I've been thinking too, have a section for a race pistol and other for skirmishing. - Good idea, but sounds very expensive. I'm aware range does not matter in this case, but I would like a mixture, a hybrid as you will call it.
                      Yeah im finding out the hard way about expensive, £106 on internal upgrades and i could still spend another £80 on ie a lightweight blowback chamber and its internals ie dyna piston etc

its the externals that are the killer though, but being said you dont have to pimp entirely up to you and how much you can take with your wife/girlfriend/parents beating you with a stick because you have spent so much.

EDIT! heres something for you, got my quote back from puregoldplating.co.uk if i wanted a slide gold plated £85!!! HAH! I MAY have to do that at some point.

Comment

I've seen those custom SVI frame grips, however they're made for WA. Would they work for TM?

£600, would be worth it! - It would shock the rest of my friends and family that don't have the faintest idea what IPSC shooting is, let alone airsoft.

Edit - Gold slide!? Whoa Purcy buddy, one step at a time... Do the frame and magazines first! Then the frame and barrel! :D

Comment

I believe a shop sells SVI grips (the frame etc) fits hi capas naughty guy didnt pay his hosting so i cant tell for you.

Whats good with my internal set up is, is that its actually fine the way it is (all be it maybe nineball feather blowback chamber etc) and all ill have to do is swap out 2 parts and ill have a race gun (obviously when its all finished anyway) at the moment my gun as it is I refer to as a skirmish pimp pistol really since it will range like a mother.

Comment

Ah, thats a shame.

Anywho, how many magazines do YOU think is appropriate for IPSC shooting? ( I mean YOU as in everyone here)

Comment

Isn't it just 2?

Comment

i Believe you run 1 in the pistol and 2 spare

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

LtPurcy Im awesome Find out more about LtPurcy
                                Working...
                                X