Painting Two Tone Black?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Painting Two Tone Black?

The law and airsoft are very very awkward things. firstly, i dont want to make myself liable, so im not going to say "go a head and do it" but what i will say is that what the law says and what the law does is very very sketchy. for example a kid of,what 16, is found in the middle of the city on a bmx and a RIF in his trousers will most probably get arrested for possession of an RIF. But lets say a kid of 16 if found in a car with dad, or on a bike of some kind with a gun bag or a dismantled RIF in a rucksack, the kid is probably going to be taken in the car to the airsoft site of home, for further enquiries.

People see the law as a 'fixed' set of rules, which they are, but remember that officers have discretion on certain terms. UKARA is not law and so does not abide, being a frequent player however is a valid defence, providing 'someone' over the age of 18 could prove this, i.e mum or dad.

but all in all, the law is in place so there is a risk. remember that.

Plus the sport of airsoft will only ever be threatened in the event of 'armed robberies', which yes do happen, but is there anything we can do about them? no, but what we can do is come across as best we can by acknowledging the law exists at least, and so, we respecting it.
    J

Comment

Very good answer the only reason I want an RIF is so I don't have a disadvantage when skirmishing. My local skirmish site does allow one or two people to use RIFs even if they do not have UKARA but all of those people are over 18. The only reason I haven't painted my gun black is that I think they will ask questions about me if I turn up with an RIF because I am under 18.

Comment

1- the people over 18 who own an RIF are at more risk as it is not that hard for them to obtain their UKARA
        2- you know enough about the law to explain your predicament. plus there are many other answers you could give.
        J

Comment

One thing I would like to add is iv had ARMED police turn up to a friends when I was there because his ex girlfriend chatted waffle to them about him owning guns, as she was upset it was over with them... Anyways the long and short of it was this was a fire arms officer with the metropolitan police who came to inspect his collection to make sure they were all airsoft guns and he has NO idea about UKARA until I showed him on my phone.... So yh I guess it's up to you if you wanna paint your rifle buddy but do so at your own risk...

I used jack pykes camo tape works really we'll of you decide against painting your gun...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I'm on here so much I should be a moderator lool

Comment

Long answer:
            You're an airsofter and you can prove it, so legally you can avail yourself of a defence against prosecution for the manufacture of a realistic imitation firearm. There is no restriction legally on the ownership of a RIF, I am not currently registered with UKARA or an airsoft site (I don't play anywhere regularly enough for the membership fee to be worth it) but I own several RIFs. No policeman is ever going to come and take my guns away or ask me why I don't have UKARA, because I'm not committing a crime by owning them, neither would you be.

Short answer:
            Completely legal, but painting over 2-tone with black looks crap when it chips and the bright green/red/blue shows through. Replace the parts or strip the existing colour off them.

Comment

Thanks for the answer, I wasn't planning on painting it to be honest, I have heard that nail polish remover works well at removing the two tone paint, but if that doesn't work then yeah I will probably change the parts.

Comment

Personally I would be more worried about the having an airsoft replica (what ever the colour) in public (i.e. on the way to/from a site), rather than making a two tone one black, the law is far more likely to do something about that (i.e. air weapon that can fire projectiles that can cause injuryat people). Plod doesn't generally seem to know much about Airsoft at all, it would only become an issue in court where the wig wearers look at the law and try to apply it.

Thus the follow on from that been the need to be responsible with your replica (what ever the colour) at all times, provided your responsible*, thus not drawing any negative attention to yourself and our sport, in practice you won't have any trouble, no one at a site is going to bat an eyelid, the people that come to play games generally have black airsoft replicas, why would you stand out?

* i.e. not having them on display in public places or to the public, not annoying the neighbours, not firing them over other peoples land or at people... etcetc...

I remember reading about some people at X-site Wycombe once having walked down the access road to the main road to meet there lift home, with there replicas on display, with passing traffic seeing them loading them in to the car...... thats the sort of stupidity that will get you in trouble and potentially cause grief for our sport.... not removing paint from your two tone.

-matt

Comment

Fairy power spray left on the said parts for 30 mins with get the paint off, should you choose to do that.

Comment

Regardless of the legal position... if you 'need' your gun to be black to avoid getting hit then it's your playing style that needs work not your gun.

If someone is trying to camp in a bush and not be seen, the first things that help me notice them are:

- They aren't completely covered/are in an unnatural and obvious position
                    - The bush isn't as thick as they think it is
                    - They are fidgeting/making noise
                    - They are firing at me

Colour isn't so important if you can conceal yourself well. And the colour of your gun (being maybe 5% of your surface area) is far less important than the colour of the gear you are wearing. Saying that, I've been ambushed by somebody dressed as Pikachu before... mainly because he was quiet and careful and planned his sneaking properly.
                    Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Originally posted by TS_Welshy View Post
                      Regardless of the legal position... if you 'need' your gun to be black to avoid getting hit then it's your playing style that needs work not your gun.

If someone is trying to camp in a bush and not be seen, the first things that help me notice them are:

- They aren't completely covered/are in an unnatural and obvious position
                      - The bush isn't as thick as they think it is
                      - They are fidgeting/making noise
                      - They are firing at me

Colour isn't so important if you can conceal yourself well. And the colour of your gun (being maybe 5% of your surface area) is far less important than the colour of the gear you are wearing. Saying that, I've been ambushed by somebody dressed as Pikachu before... mainly because he was quiet and careful and planned his sneaking properly.
                      We'll said couldn't agree more....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I'm on here so much I should be a moderator lool

Comment

Normally I would agree with the above, but he posted it up in the 'Appraisals' section. If he was sat on the surface of the sun this gun would have still stuck out like a sore thumb. It was one of these ultra cheap M4's that are approx. 95% bright orange with just the stock tube and outer barrel being black.

It was removed due to him having a 2nd account.
                        JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BrynLaden Find out more about BrynLaden
                        Working...
                        X