Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

"Its not my fault if I can't feel the hit" Discuss...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Its not my fault if I can't feel the hit" Discuss...

I know what you are saying but it would only be for those they thought were wearing to thick.
    I felt being hit in back pouch and I keep medic kit in it, baby wipes, bandages, plasters, wipes and other clean bags.the guy was a good 10 metre away. This was yesterday in middle of fire fight.

Comment

It's these reasons i've moved to my belt & leg panel rig. but i do own a pc (osprey mk4)
      In a game (woodland) a couple of months ago i was shot square in the chest(1 shot, from dmr) and heard the impact, however it's not uncommon in the woods for things to fall from above, rain etc. so i scanned around for a shooter, saw him and then raised my hand and walked away.
      Normally i'd assume it's a hit anyway because giving away a players location is a dick move, but that day my team was getting bummed and didn't want to have to respawn for no reason.
      So now i've moved to my new set up belt & leg panels, keeps my upper body clear for hits and i usually roll my sleeves up too.

Comment

So, would it be fair to say the consensus is: Sometimes we don't feel hits, but if told we were hit take it, don't argue the toss?

Comment

Exactly that I'd say.

Comment

It wouldn't say if you're told to take it, take it, but more if you're aware you're being shot at and may have been hit, take it.
            It's the shots you're not aware of, in which case always put at least 2 shots into them. I already double/triple tap (on semi) with my AEGs on targets i know i can hit at range, just to avoid any debate; 1st shot alerts them of what's happening regardless if it hits or not, 2nd shot hits and 3rd is insurance

Comment

On the flip side you then get players giving it the whole " ere mate I Deffo hit you" in an aggressive manner, and use courtesy to their advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Figjam View Post
                So, would it be fair to say the consensus is: Sometimes we don't feel hits, but if told we were hit take it, don't argue the toss?
                yep i`d go with that , got hit on the heel of my boot once as i was kneeling to medic someone. never felt it ,but was told what had happened by guy on our side, some 5 yds away. wasn`t narked about it , just thought f**kin good shot , as i thought i was safe behind cover. i now use the rule if i`m not sure i take it. saves any potential aggro that way.

Comment

On one occasion, in a pistol game, I was so intent on creeping up on this guy that was happily taking out my team members that after shooting him I was informed by one of his team that he'd shot me twice. At the range he was at it was perfectly feasible that he had done so but I felt absolutely bugger all. So it either missed, didn't hit very hard or alternatively the adrenaline masked it. So I followed the adage "if in doubt take the hit" - it's not a major drama.

On the flip side, at range, I've had people screaming at me to take my hits when they have been falling meters short and the marshal next to me has been having a good laugh.
                  "If you pick the wrong fight, make sure you picked the right weapon"

Comment

I often get told that I was clipped or it hit a thigh panel etc. Its usually when I a rushing into or out of a room.
                    I always take the hit but then again I play at the mall so at those ranges people know whether or not they hit me!

Comment

If youre using PC's ,rucksacks, wooly jumpers etc and they are stopping you feeling hits then why shouldnt you have to remove it? its stopping you playing properly and getting other peoples backs up. Doesnt matter if youve dropped a months wages on it
                      If wearing pc's etc then you should be extra wary when it comes to being hit. If it affects your hit taking then take it off. I always play in a well loaded PC and have never been pulled up about missing hits. Where we play, If you miss a hit due to your PC then your told, if you do it again you can take it off or leave. Seems to cure most of the issues

Comment

Tell you, what, let's all airsoft naked to ensure we don't miss anything.
                        "If you pick the wrong fight, make sure you picked the right weapon"

Comment

At the end of the day it's just a game! If you don't feel your hit through any of the above reasons and you get told I shot you in a polite manner, then just stick your hand up and take your hit...hardly the end of the world!

Putting on a PC, rucksack etc is all part of the experience. Having to take it off is nonsense! You can almost always hear a bb hitting nylon/cordura so there should be many issues. If people start getting their backs up about not taking their hit, tell a marshall or site owner and let them speak to them....that is their job. People just need to chill out and just take these things on the chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Figjam View Post
                            Pretty much. However, in your specific situation the opposing player went about it in the wrong way. He should have apologized and said that it wasn't intentional. Because the majority of us wear vests, plate carriers and chest rigs, the biggest part of our body which is often a target is the most protected so it is understandable if you don't realize you've been hit. I was once going through the trees and small branch hit one of my pouches. The sound was very similar to that of a bb and I thought I had been hit. Luckily there was a marshal there to reassure me that I had not been hit. But I always go by the philosophy that "when in doubt, just call your hits".

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                              Tell you, what, let's all airsoft naked to ensure we don't miss anything.
                              Its the future for that operator look. Bullets do less damage if they don't pass through clothes first.

http://www.vox.com/2014/8/1/5958941/...othes-research

Comment

Hits delivered at the very edge of range, make have very little impact force / noise, so that target may not feel / hear it. Especially if someone is belting rounds from an M60, less than a foot away from the targets ears.

I think this is where a good team can help - I've told people before on my team that they've been hit and in a similar vein, I've been hit before and been told by a teammate after not feeling / hearing it. It's rare, but it does happen.

The thing that gets my goat is during CQB when people are adamant that they are being hit by ricochets, when a line of BBs is blatantly making a line towards them. Unless I'm 100% sure a shot is a ricochet (as in, see it bounce off a wall), I'll assume it's a hit and trundle back to spawn.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Figjam Find out more about Figjam
                                Working...
                                X