Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

"Its not my fault if I can't feel the hit" Discuss...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Its not my fault if I can't feel the hit" Discuss...

Back before they were Zed Events I remember the Mall had the threat in their safety brief that if they believed people were wearing too much they'd be asked to remove layers.

In my experience its rarely PCs that are the problem, its new players either in terrible ghillie suits or wearing a couple of jumpers/hoodies under their DPM.

Not a hit at all new players, but you know the sort I mean.

Comment

I get what youre talking about. Couple of fubu hoodies and then a set of dpms. I can see why thats an issue.

I think its hard to get right sometimes; as with all things its a case of intent. As a PTW user i can (and have in the past) get stick for having a quick change system on my gat. If it were my intent, i could cheat. The same with the gear you wear. Those who want to cheat can often have the opportunity. Others with the same opportunity simply wouldnt think of it.

As the hobby has become more inclusive, the spirit is somewhat diminished. Honour and honesty are in shorter supply. Its sad, but after 10 years its not the same anymore. Of course it wouldnt be in general, but regardless of increased numbers, cheaper kit, and broader availability; the spirit shouldnt have changed. It has.
      AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

I always give people the benefit of the doubt if there's any ambiguity. With a gearbox going off in your right ear and comms in your left ear you're not going to hear something dinging off your dump pouch or the sole of your boot. Just give them a few more, and before you start getting pissed off, consider your distance from the target. You may not even be hitting them at all.

Give them the benefit of the doubt once and for any subsequent non-hit taking then tell a marshall.

Whenever I'm asked to marshall I carry around a high powered scope and sit next to the guy who is saying he hit someone. Then I can see if he actually is. If I inform him that he isn't actually hitting the guy, it avoids all of the toxic "F*cking red team not taking hits" chatter that can spread and ruin game days. If he is hitting him then I'll go up to the guy and inform him that he's hit. Most of the time they hadn't even realised and are happy to take it. I'll then make a note to keep an eye on that player just in case. Again, this means everyone is happy and the day runs better. It's only when it's obvious that they are deliberately not taking the hit that I will pull them out and tell the head marshall (any confirmed and deliberate non-hit-taking results in an immediate and permanent ban from the site)
        Redcon Airsoft Team
        TheJim : RC-69

Comment

Originally posted by wilko129 View Post
          I find when its raining a lot with heavy droplets that can sound like very long range hits when they hit on the right material.
          Had a kid next to me calling rain hits the other day XD
          Upcoming Games:
          None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
          Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

"Its not my fault if I can't feel the hit" actually it is!

Is it fair that you wearing "thousands of £ of operat0r gear" is ruining the the game for everyone else because you can't feel your hits?

Having a tantrum because someone has told you to take your plate carrier/chest rig/rucksack is just selfish and your not the kind of person we need in this sport.

If your not prepared to play the game fairly and honestly with a sense of good sportsmanship go home.

Wear I play they regularly tell players to remove chest rigs and plate carriers if is causing issues.

Comment

I dont stop shooting them until they put there hand in the air, they still dont feel the hits then i will always aim for the flesh areas including face. And 3 round bursts once you feel one shot on the face expect a few more coming your way and i love the players who scream hit and get annoyed with the amount to follow after the initial round.
              Trader Feedback

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=39650

Comment

Originally posted by ukpred View Post
                i love the players who scream hit and get annoyed with the amount to follow after the initial round.
                Thank you so so much for proving my earlier point. *sigh*
                AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Overkill isn't the answer.

Overkill turns into a vicious circle where players start wearing more to protect themselves and then anyone who isn't Overkilling/high FPS/High ROF isn't getting their hits called. I've seen it happen at a site, and once that is the culture at a site it all turns to poop.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrexx View Post
                    "Its not my fault if I can't feel the hit" actually it is!

Is it fair that you wearing "thousands of £ of operat0r gear" is ruining the the game for everyone else because you can't feel your hits?

Having a tantrum because someone has told you to take your plate carrier/chest rig/rucksack is just selfish and your not the kind of person we need in this sport.
                    I don't see how someone wouldn't get pissed if a site marshall or what not went up to them and demanded they remove said kit... if i was at a site that told me to do such i would demand my money back, i'm paying to play and enjoy myself, not be told what kit i'm allowed to use... seeing as how i've bought my kit with my own money i'll use whatever i choose to whether other players like it or not.

If your not prepared to play the game fairly and honestly with a sense of good sportsmanship go home.
                    This bit i can agree with.

Wear I play they regularly tell players to remove chest rigs and plate carriers if is causing issues.
                    What site is this so i know never to go there, i'm not gonna give my money to a site that thinks it can decide what gear people wear.
                    sigpic
                    Mercs Boss
                    Armoury:
                    ICS MP5A4 w/ Lighted Forend \ G&P XM177E2 w/M203 \ ZM Weapons Original LR300 \ TM MP7A1 \ TM M1911A1 \ TM P226R

Comment

I think the valid position is only to ask you to take gear off if you can't feel hits. If you know when you are getting hit dressed up as Tin Head Ned (I'd imagine the noise would help) then crack on, but if you are crudding up other people's game because of what you are wearing then putting your parts on when asked to remove some of it is not being the most philosophical of airsofters.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenriz View Post
                        Thank you so so much for proving my earlier point. *sigh*

So what your saying is that you have jedi powers and can stop any initial following shots to follow from full auto or burst from hitting a player, you must teach me oh master
                        Trader Feedback

Comment

One round does the same job as 10.
                          AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

The issues may be excessive kit or poorly worn kit.I've had it myself recently where an opposing player hid behind a tree but his "camelbak" was clearly sticking out of the back of the tree which I was able to hit..done the best part of a mag whilst advising the player what was happening and as soon as I stopped shooting (gave up,wasting my time I thought)he popped out an shot me...I took it but later on I advised him he was wider than the tree..the annoying bit about it was that we were both at strategic points and the "winner" gained an advantage..
                            I do believe if a player is repeatedly "missing" hits then the marshall has every right to tell him/her to shed some after all no-one cheats on purpose...

Comment

Originally posted by Fenriz View Post
                              One round does the same job as 10.
                              And when one round is being ignored you do what? jump up and down on the spot screaming like a girl saying you have hit the player?

After several times of hitting a player and they are not taking hits i will switch to full auto and spray them until they feel the hit, no screaming or getting argumentative on my part just insuring they now they have been hit. Works for me and never had any one come to me to argue the point on the field.

- - - Updated - - -

What gets me with players and old school players and had this same problem in paintball. If you are plinking the player with a single shot and they are not taking the hit and you cant get a marshal over at the time then switch to full auto and spray or bonus ball them until they realized they been hit.

They kick up a fuss explain after the game. I would expect the same to be done to me as at times i cant feel the hits due to no nerve endings in part of my arms or forehead. But you are playing a game with projectiles that fly at 300fps and on full auto 25 rounds ps expect it and if you are to much of a girl to take it then your in the wrong hobby.

But i would stop playing at any site that dictates to me what i can and cant wear.
                              Trader Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by ukpred View Post

What gets me with players and old school players and had this same problem in paintball. If you are plinking the player with a single shot and they are not taking the hit and you cant get a marshal over at the time then switch to full auto and spray or bonus ball them until they realized they been hit.

They kick up a fuss explain after the game. I would expect the same to be done to me as at times i cant feel the hits due to no nerve endings in part of my arms or forehead. But you are playing a game with projectiles that fly at 300fps and on full auto 25 rounds ps expect it and if you are to much of a girl to take it then your in the wrong hobby.

But i would stop playing at any site that dictates to me what i can and cant wear.
                                It works,it did in paintball and it does in airsoft,but I would disagree if what you're wearing disables your ability to recognise hits and that's one of the issues here.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Figjam Find out more about Figjam
                                Working...
                                X