Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

"Its not my fault if I can't feel the hit" Discuss...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Its not my fault if I can't feel the hit" Discuss...

I've been playing at Ground Zero Woodland before. I was shot 3 times at range by a sniper before I realised I had been hit. It had been raining and I was standing under a tree. I felt something tap my plate carrier, but I wasn't sure I was hit. I turned around to look but there was nobody there, so it could easily have been a rain drop. I then saw my dust cover pop open, without me touching it, with an audible ping, but I was already aware that this was loose. Final shot hit me in the back of the plate carrier again, and I quickly turned around, noticing a player aiming his rifle at me. At this point I shouted an apology to him and walked off, taking my hit.

Sometimes, it's honestly very hard to tell if you are actually being hit unless it causes you discomfort. Obviously, there is cheating aplenty in airsoft, but there are some honest sports out there who take it, once they realise that they should be out!

Six

Comment

Where I play full auto is aloud. You use shorts bursts to prevent to much over kill.

To be honest your lucky if you get shot on single most people stay on auto all day.

Are you a ground zero person as soply is single throughout?

Comment

I'll take a hit, even if I think someone should have hit me, or if I feel/hear a slight 'tink' on anything I'm wearing.

I can think of two examples of this - one at my local, where I rounded a corner and shot at someone using an SVD (although I was probably within his MED, he still fired at me), but it was a windy day and he was using light BBs. Must have traveled five meters before the wind took it way off course. Although my BB hit him I took it as well, shaking his hand and telling him that I agreed it should have hit me.

Another time, I was playing at Brentwaters RAF base, at the killhouses. I was moving with my brother-in-law along one of the outside walls, when someone came running at our flank, taking out two allies before his trigger jammed up. He was left standing, gun on shoulder aiming at me, with a face like a slapped ass (naturally). He took a hit without anyone shooting him, and I also agreed to take it as a hit.

Yet another time I was defending a bunker with three team mates when it started raining. The light rain fairly quickly turned to heavy rain, and heavy rain to sleet/hail. You could barely see five meters in front, as it was the time of year where it was also getting dark early. It was a limited lives game and we were the only five left (the fifth laying in ambush further away from the bunker). Before the rain started, I still had all three lives. I felt firm "hits" on top hop my helmet. I took it as a hit, and a medic put me back in the game (this happened twice) The bunker is raised to the rest of the site, so you're firing down - it's amazingly unlikely someone could hit me on the top of my head if they're firing from below me, but I took them as hits just in case.

I think if everyone plays honestly, and (in some cases) generously it would be great...

But of course, this is never going to happen.
        Last edited by WillGreen; 4 September, 2014, 14:07. Reason: Typos.
        sigpic
        "I are God, lol."

Comment

it works both ways - i cant get angry at people if they havnt felt a hit - i only fire a few shots at a time but if they dont put their hand up quickly ill fire a few more and so on until they acknowledge it - if they just dont i get closer.

Only time i do get annoyed is when they obviously did feel it, like visibly flinching etc

There have been many times when iv been ina situation when i didnt hear or feel anything at all but called myself out because i 'must' have been hit - usually in cqb when someone bursts into a room and hoses me from a few meters - in that situation even tho they may well have missed (firing from the hip and clearing jumpy from not expecting to see me) i just call myself out since arguing just isnt worth it.

Comment

The visibly flinching thing is also a double edged sword, I visibly flinch when people miss me too...either becuase they just missed or I wasn't expecting it. Then I get paranoid that they think theyve hit me!

Comment

Its true. I've said it in other threads, but I've heard people say "they were flinching" when in fact they were hearing the AEG and ducking back behind their cover like a sensible human being. I've also had "I can see BBs bouncing off" when in fact the BBs were deflecting off twigs between the shooter and target.

I think the crux of my whinge in starting this thread was the "its not my fault" part, not the "can't feel the hit", upon being informed they'd been hit. Kinda feel this thread has run its course, the two competing opinions on topic seem to be:
              1) If I have nice kit I'm going to wear it, and if I can't feel the hit I'm still going to wear it because entitlement and screw you
              2) Its your job to call hits whatever, you can wear what you like but it is your responsibility to be aware, and if you fail in that, you need to take steps.
              (I may not have reflected both positions impartially due to my own bias)

Off topic we have had discussion of
              1) You aren't hitting everything you think you are
              2) Some people cheat
              3) Is overkill valid
              4) Keyboard warriors
              5) Plate carriers are nice

Comment

well intersting for me because im deaf, i wear the vest, i do usual feel little of hit but not alway... so i still never know if im hit or not... it quite diffuilty for me
                G&P Vltor custom CBQ, WANTED VLTOR UPPER RECIVER,

Comment

robertcarlylebond1.jpg

I can tell you something for free, this guy really doesn't take his hit...

Comment

The cheating sod, ban him!

Comment

Funniest instance I've ever had was shooting someone at about 45 metres with my 500fps bolt action - in the face (only thing visible) and watched his head kick back from the pain of the impact and duck behind cover. He didn't take it and had the gall to claim not to have felt it - straight faced - with a bleeding welt on his cheek. I just walked away from that one thinking "What's the f*cking point?"
                      Redcon Airsoft Team
                      TheJim : RC-69

Comment

Originally posted by TheJim View Post
                        Funniest instance I've ever had was shooting someone at about 45 metres with my 500fps bolt action - in the face (only thing visible) and watched his head kick back from the pain of the impact and duck behind cover. He didn't take it and had the gall to claim not to have felt it - straight faced - with a bleeding welt on his cheek. I just walked away from that one thinking "What's the f*cking point?"
                        Sadism is its own reward
                        Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                        big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

On my first walk on I was wearing the duty coveralls. Running across some ground with 2 team mates, felt grand because I'd made it until my team mate told me I'd been hit. Because the overall was baggy I had never felt it but after being told took the hit.

To add to that same day was fired at and quickly stepped backwards without being hit and promptly walk into some brambles. Obviously shouted ow being a woose, got called for being a cheat but opposite team member saw me walk into said brambles without being hit and backed me up.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Figjam Find out more about Figjam
                          Working...
                          X