bunker 51 in london

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: bunker 51 in london

thinking of planning a roadtrip down from across the border so will be watching this thread with intent,anymore info or feedback from guys who have/going too attend would be appreciated.
    why cant we all just get along??

Comment

Bunker 51...ive been going since Wolf started their skirmishes there. Its a very good compact CQB type site. The scenarios have got better as Wolf have tried and tested different ideas and have had feedback from those who play there. Good thing is that the guys at Wolf listen to what works and what does not, also they are a good bunch of fellas. Good thing about this site is that NO paintballing is played there (wet paintball that is). Its dark, its got atmosphere and its quick fire games, you need to be able to react quick, think fast and move pretty quick as well. As i say there are some pretty good scenario types e.g. Prison take over, Rescue the VIP, Defend the Bunker, Search and detonate the Nuclear Missiles, Last man standing, Find the bomb etc etc. The lighting is cool, as you can have lights on, or dimmed for atmosphere, strobe effect, red lighting as well. Torch/ illumination is a must, thats flash lights, strobe lights etc. Down side is no lasers but then again its a small site and not really practical. Also you cant (at this time) use pyro, however during the scenarios the marshalls will let off the occasional pyro for effect, thats when it also takes on another diamension as you get the ''mist/ haze'' effect. As said before its run by a good bunch of guys, games are fast and furious and turn around of scenarios goes well. Its a bunker so it does have that closed in feeling but i think this helps keep the games tight. Also, you dont need to wear full face protection, mind you ive seen the brave and hardened enter with just eye protection and 5 minutes in they look like they have been attacked by killer bees...Down sides in my opinion are, as its small and games can be run at a fast pace (which is a good thing) is the pray and spray brigade. It just hacks me off when the place is ideal for good team tactics for it to be ruined by the fellas who just full auto 600rnds spray, also the jerks who dont take their hits, personally i just walk upto them and give them a couple of close range shots to an unprotected part of their body as a gentle reminder. The other point is that often its just too packed with players, this is something which Wolf need to consider as with fewer players and more strategic game play this could be a 10/10 site. Currently id give it an 8/10. Hope this helps and encourages the battle hardened out there to go along and give it a go..............
      Last edited by muzzy; 19 April, 2010, 11:15. Reason: text
      The nomad only goes from point to point as a consequence and as a factual necessity: in principle, points for him are relays along a trajectory.” (Nomadology: The War Machine)

Comment

When I was reading up about the site on the Wolf web page I was interested in going, but most of their skirmishes are Monday evenings and run up til 10pm. It's like an hour and a hanf train ride for me each way and plus my job I gotta be up at 5am so sitting on a train until near midnight then still having to get back home from leaving the train is a bit impractical at the moment sadly
        So be it, threaten no more! To secure peace is, to prepare for war!

Comment

check out the firefight combat simulations site mate. they probably run them different days
          TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Park Langley? Elmers End? lol no way, I used to go to Langley Park secondary school and was constantly going to Elmers End to visit mates n stuff.. good times ^__^

I was supposed to go to the FCS event at Bunker 51 on Sunday but my AEG didn't turn up in time For those that have been do Wolf do what they did in London Bridge and allow 600 rounds with auto? The FCS set up was 300 rounds which sounds like it would be more fun

For the Beckenham dudes, where do you guys usually play?

Comment

A little off topic but PewPew, just noticed your location, never knew there was also a Hayes in Kent lol. I'm in the crappy Middlesex one :D

I'll check out the other site, see what they do. Been meaning to go for ages with a friend of mine who does it but never get round to actually arranging it.

Comment

Nice little review muzzy! I'm up for going and yeah, bromley/beckenham trip up there would be cool. Probably wouldn't mind if it was wolf or FCS, maybe worth it to try both of them.

And my main site is Tactical Warfare, Croydon... though it's near biggin hill... pretty much 15min drive from Elmers End.

Comment

I'm at uni near Xsite so me and my mate play there during term time but i know lots of people go to tactical warfare which is close in biggin hill. me and my mate from beckenham will be paying that a visit over the summer also.

I was at langley also its like 5 mins from my house.

I would go to the FCS run games over the wolf ones. never been to wolf but heard there old place was pretty average. electrowerkz which was run by fcs was awesome!
                  TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

chard Y'm at uni at brunel so near hayes you go x-site?

Comment

Just checked FCS' site and sadly it's the same problem for me. Bunker 51 only seem to do late evening skirmishes and the ones FCS have coming up are both on a Sunday so still a work night for me.

Caffin, sending you a PM

Comment

That's the only thing I can find annoying about that - Evenings..... Sunday Evenings...

Comment

That's another thing, wolf are very hot on fps, I've seen fellas refused as they breach 330 fps. Also as I've said, the pray and spray bods, no one really checks how many mags some one uses so it does get abused I guess, ive seen guys just full auto constant but it just ruins the game really. Wolf have done a Saturday night game, if there's enough interest they can do some more if it helps some of you.
                          The nomad only goes from point to point as a consequence and as a factual necessity: in principle, points for him are relays along a trajectory.” (Nomadology: The War Machine)

Comment

humn it seem they only run on sunday and at nite so I may go to the kill house down essex which is run by FCS guys as well
                            I will shoot you all.

Comment

Anyone went to the game on 1st March?

"New Single action Game we are offering a single action game this Saturday 1st March. Single action means that only gas pistols, shotguns, Bolt action rifle and gas rifles can be used, Fully auto will not be allowed and you cannot use a magazine that holds more than 50rds, each game itself will have a round limit of 150rds. This will greatly increase the dynamics of the site and offer a whole new playing experience."

No more spray and pray with these rules

Comment

let us know what that is like warrior

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

caffin999 IT Consultant Find out more about caffin999
                                Working...
                                X