ASG LMT Defender CQC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ASG LMT Defender CQC

Ok. So MOSFET, LiPo alarm, and an upgraded motor.

Any suggestions on a suitable upgrade motor?

Comment

Lonex a2 would be 1st choice or shs high torque

Comment

I've had several Lonex A2 motors and they are very good.

I currently use SHS because their latest batches of motors seem to give me a slightly better trigger response although lose 1-2 rps compared to the A2.

SHS motors also run hotter and are a little less efficient than the Lonex, especially in prolonged full auto where they can get a bit toasty.

But both are very good motors indeed.

I have never run a LiPo alarm, the batteries are so cheap these days that I have loads and swap them out throughout the day.

Comment

Yeah, I wouldnt bother with an alarm, just get a few batteries and swap them out throughout the day. I use 2 1400mah 7.4s in my TM SCAR and swap them at lunch time. I could probably get away with just one for an average skirmish TBH.

The Lonex motor is more likely to give a better mesh with your bevel gear (being Lonex). But both will do the job.

Comment

Cheers. Apologies for playing 20 questions, but what mid-cap would you recommend to go with this? The ASG one or have you found a better one?

Comment

Personally I use MAG midcaps (stanag style) in all my standard AEGs. Not found one that doesnt work.

Comment

I use MAG and King Arms mid-caps. Both are 120rds, plastic and work very well in the gun. They are almost clones in their construction and design.

I believe ASG plastic mids are OEM'd by Ares.

Comment

Thanks for all the help. Rather than go all out on the spending from the get go, I'm going to leave the upgrades till a later date/paycheck. So for now, I'm just going to pick up the AEG with a 7.4v LiPo. Then later down the line I can upgrade motor+MOSFET and install a 11.1v if I feel that way inclined

Comment

Originally posted by klaus View Post
                    Thanks for all the help. Rather than go all out on the spending from the get go, I'm going to leave the upgrades till a later date/paycheck. So for now, I'm just going to pick up the AEG with a 7.4v LiPo. Then later down the line I can upgrade motor+MOSFET and install a 11.1v if I feel that way inclined
                    Sensible choice mate.

Comment

Hello all, a little while on and I never did get round to installing a new motor.

The Defender is still my main and doing well, but I think it’s time to get a new motor. I play mostly at semi-only sites would enjoy increased responsiveness/snappiness, without sacrificing auto rate of fire when it’s required.

The Defender has had the following upgrade parts so far: gate 3.2 mosfet, shs 15 steel tooth piston and Pom head, plus an asg ultimate cylinder head.

Before, it was the Lonex A2 that was recommended. Would people still suggest the same? I run from 11.1v LiPo batteries, fire 0.25g BBs, and only need it to run at 328fps.

I am also looking to increase accuracy and will probably aim to put in a new barrel and hop at some stage, although I’m undecided as to what brand.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

klaus Find out more about klaus
                      Working...
                      X