Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Airsoft - Official Sport/Standardisation

I'm not flaming, I'm discussing :P
    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 27 April, 2010, 07:07. Reason: keeping the forum "ist" free
    - confirmed Mr.cool coolest of the cool airsofters.
    - I can't believe I'm lame enough to put my extremely cool youtube channel in my signature

Comment

Everything works fine as it is now why change it.

There is only ONE thing that needs to be done and that is the UKARA date base.
      Example:
      I go for my first skirmish i am over 18 and the site has my details , they then go home and add "John Adkins attended one skirmish on 18/7/1010 @ a site" to a specially built data base just for this.
      Then say on return to another site being my second visit the site owner can then check on this data base and add "John Adkins second skirmish on baal baal @ blaaa blaa"
      Then on the final skirmish they will do the same and at which point in this data base it will show up "John ad kins entitled to UKARA registration" Then the site owner with the persons consent with proof of ID etc is then added.

Quite simply its a better way of keeping track of whos done what etc.

Another thing is two tone sales.
      Any blind ass tosser could just buy a 2tone and go and spray and then go rob a shop, something needs to be changed about that.

John
      Hate.
      "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

Because you just stir people up with these threads of yours. The "should airsoft be like *fill random point here*" thread of the day you seem to be pumping out at the moment.

Speaking of those 14 year old sniper starters, I remember a time on here when people were friendly to newbies who wanted to jump straight in with sniping. People took the time to explain the limitations of airsoft snipers, and that it was best to start out with an AEG and try sniping to see if you liked it.

No, I do not think this latest idea of yours has any legs either. But we will see what the next few days bring with your inevitable next thread.
        "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Also guys please keep the thread on SUBJECT if you want to argue PM each other pleae, the thread will just get closed

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
            All talk no action any of this is (always is), how about taking this to your local MPS?
            Would they take any action though? Are they interested at all and are they actually the people to talk to?

(All honest and legitimate questions... )

Comment

See this is what i dont understand your all so adamant about saving airsoft yet your saying MPS wont do anything, well those MPs are the reason airsoft might get banned.

this isnt the 3rd Reich if you have good valid reasons as to why it shouldnt be banned (like back in 07) then airsoft wont be banned.

so doing this whole sport recognition thing, is a good idea if it lifts off, but it wont if you just chat about it here.

(if your serious about the idea anyway)

Comment

i think this is a great idea. if it saves our hobby from potentially being banned in future im in. please write to whoever to get this done
                sigpic

Comment

See this is what i dont understand your all so adamant about saving airsoft yet your saying MPS wont do anything, well those MPs are the reason airsoft might get banned.
                  Sorry, I think you misunderstood my question... Is there anyone anyone knows of that is particularly active in attacking Airsoft or even any supporters that might be worth talking to?

If I'm going to talk to anyone, I'd want to make sure I was talking to somebody who has some kind of interest in it, be it positive or negative...

Comment

Only one i know of is Mothers against guns. (no im not joking)
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7jr0S1frWM

Comment

Originally posted by crotmate View Post
                      It would make an excellent piece of cover
                      That is genuinely funny response I actually did laugh out loud.
                      "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                        Is there anyone anyone knows of that is particularly active in attacking Airsoft
                        I don't believe anyone is. Sure there might be someone wringing their hands in some dark corner of parliament about those nasty rough boys with their guns and things, but if anyone is actively attacking airsoft they're managing to keep it hidden astonishingly well.

What I don't like about the constant 'standardisation' of airsoft is; Who's to say what standards should be? If someone takes charge of airsoft rulings on a national level, we'll all end up playing how they want it to happen. If such a person hates hicaps, we'll all have to chuck them out. If we end up a nation of guys in ACU and tan USMC rigs with souped up M4s, I know a hell of a lot of people will just stop playing, and that will do more damage to the sport than anything.
                        - I can't believe I'm lame enough to put my extremely cool youtube channel in my signature

Comment

Only one i know of is Mothers against guns. (no im not joking)
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7jr0S1frWM
                          They dont exist anymore technically, its Mothers Against Violence now. And theres nothing about airsoft on their site.
                          Last edited by Fenriz; 26 April, 2010, 19:31. Reason: Spelling.
                          AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Ah well there we go then

other than the crazy scottish bunch then no there isnt anyone who wants to ban the friendly team developing personal developing game that is airsoft .

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERPROOPERATOR View Post
                              I don't believe anyone is. Sure there might be someone wringing their hands in some dark corner of parliament about those nasty rough boys with their guns and things, but if anyone is actively attacking airsoft they're managing to keep it hidden astonishingly well.

What I don't like about the constant 'standardisation' of airsoft is; Who's to say what standards should be? If someone takes charge of airsoft rulings on a national level, we'll all end up playing how they want it to happen. If such a person hates hicaps, we'll all have to chuck them out. If we end up a nation of guys in ACU and tan USMC rigs with souped up M4s, I know a hell of a lot of people will just stop playing, and that will do more damage to the sport than anything.
                              That's not the kind of standardisation I'm talking about and it's the whole reason I'm posting these kind of threads. I'm not arrogant enough to feel I know best about everything and I do actually like to get a few varied viewpoints before I make a decision. You don't get born with knowledge and it's not just something you gain from asking one person... You know, talking about and properly discussing this kind of stuff is really helpful...

Comment

Dismissing anyone who disagrees with you as not contributing to the discussion is not helpful, in contrast.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

B.E.N. Intensive airsofter and forum heckler. I like dismantling stuff. Find out more about B.E.N.
                                Working...
                                X