• Show
Clear All

Re: Metal Vs. Plastic Slide!

plastic - what like in an airfix kit?

metal

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
      Metal is for people who like to sit at home racking the slide on the pistol. Plastic is for those who mean business with a pistol.

(unless it's one of the better kwa system 7 models)
      Erm , no.

My two SVI's are full metal.

After 9 years of green gas/propane, the original plastic slides began to crack.

Replaced with metal slides - and now running as happy as ever, and not at home either

Comment

I tend to actually use my pistols, so plastic slide all the way. I've been tempted by metal kits in the past, but I frequently fall back to it (range <10-15m - always switch to pistol) so the feel of it comes second to the performance.

Who knows, I may buy a second Detonics and slap a metal kit on that/buy an Army for comparison, but both my pistols perform admirably and I wouldn't want to change that.

Comment

I really wish companies made more plastic slides. The ONLY reason I ever got a metal slide was so my pistol looked different.

Comment

Had a metal glock 32 it wouldn't work in the winter unless I warmed the slide up before hand...Whereas the plastic slide I brought for it worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
              My SigArms/KJW Sig works perfectly well in the cold with a metal slide.

CO2 is even better. The G&G Xtreme 45 will hit 500fps even after leaving the gun in the snow for half an hour.
              yeah i was shot by one off those my god it hurt!!!

Comment

Managed to find a shooters design slide and outer barrel for a very good price, so will be sticking them in my glock to see how much of a downgrade it is there.

I'm hoping less than my hi capa, as it's plastic on metal friction, a smaller slide, and a newer pistol

Comment

my vote's for metal, for me its cosmetic ,if its metal on the real steel then its got to be metal, however if the gun is designed to run a plastic slide them many things need to be done to make a metal slide work well, it's a shame that a magnesium slide is so rare(or expensive), my ksc mac 11 old style has a magnesium bolt that is the same weight as the plastic original and way better.

Comment

Originally posted by dadio View Post
                    my vote's for metal, for me its cosmetic ,if its metal on the real steel then its got to be metal
                    I do like that idea but, there are lots of metal parts on guns that should be plastic. What about 'if it's plastic on the real steel it has to be plastic'? Real Glocks have plastic magazines, as do a lot of modern pistols, so it's unrealistic to have cast metal magazines isn't it? It doesn't seem to bother a lot of people.

Comment

I say this a lot, but my WE P226 with a full metal body worked fine in -4 where as my plastic TM didn't cycle at all.
                      IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheLazyMarksman Please be aware that not only myself use this account. Find out more about TheLazyMarksman
                      Working...
                      X