Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Something I've noticed that worries me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Something I've noticed that worries me...

I think it's a shame that you can play at a site but not know what the gun chronos at. We chrono everyone, every game. Even staff who are playing, heck even me. I understand this is not always practicable at a site with gates of well over 100 players (ours is usually 30-60.) but surely they should have been chronoed at least once? With virtaully all sites in the UK operating at 350 or below, I don't see how many skirmished guns should be over that unless in exceptional circumstances?

Comment

There isn't a lot of point worrying about guns being sold over most sites' limits..

So long as, indicated by panoptes, they are within THE LAW.
      Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

I'm wondering WHY people are claiming they are over the site limit though... Surely they didn't just crank up the FPS to sell the gun...

Comment

I've had Section 5 Firearms right out the box from Z1, LWA and F-S so we airsofters aren't always to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
            I've had Section 5 Firearms right out the box from Z1, LWA and F-S so we airsofters aren't always to blame.
            In fairness they should know better and if I recall are meant to make sure they are legal.

Comment

A chrono is always the first thing I do. I really should have done something about it when I received one shooting 500fps+ but there you go...

Comment

For reasons best known to them people do Er! bend the truth a bit when talking about there guns.

I recall a guy up at finshade 2 years ago who was complaining the reds were not taking there hits and he new he was hitting them as his AK ran at over 400fps. After telling him that if he shot me or my son with that he would be wearing it home I asked a marshal to crono his gun. It came back at 318fps! Why people do this is a mystery to me but if a site has a limit then guns should match it and if people are claiming hi power levels either take it with a pinch of salt or negotiate the price of a down grade in springs.

Comment

Panoptes, where is this Army only site that you attend, Ive never heard of any?
                  "If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, maybe you just haven’t realised how bad the situation is"

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Macka View Post
                    is it a woodland site? cqb? - im a big guy - buy can't honestly say I fancy getting a burst of 381fps in the face.
                    What difference does it make whether you're a big guy or not? I've seen giants flinch and squeel "i'll take the hit" without me even getting a chance to pull the trigger and wee guys that would never do so.

As Panoptes says the legal limit (as in the law) is around 380 and there are a few sites that have a 370fps limit for full auto AEGs so the OP seems a little pointless.
                    HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

i had an ak 47 that i had running at 424-426 on auto
                      (i didn'nt knowm at the time but soon found out when the gears did'nt shred got laid out flat lol)
                      so we rebuilt and cronoed and after the first 2 shots it was like yer down grage plz lol

and with that i think more people who do the guns them selfs to be that fps have had problems with people not takeing their hits preghaps?
                      i know that when i had the ak it had gp25 and i carryed a slug shell (fires solid lump of rubber) for the peeps that like to play CoD style
                      "oh i've been shot once i'll leave it a couple more"
                      *cling* THUMB...THWACK*
                      ...HIT
                      job done.

Comment

I believe that it is the responsability of the seller to know the FPS of whatever he / she is selling.
                        You cannot always rely on sites to chrono weapons , the few times I've been to GZW I have never had my guns chronoed .
                        Luckily I live around the corner from zeroone , they are very helpfull and will chrono your guns for you if you drop them in.
                        For every gun I trade or sell , I always have it chronoed as I wouldn't want to mislead anyone in a sales thread..
                        Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptang Zoo Boing Zow Zing

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                          That's fine, but if it is the case, how come the AEGs have managed to get into a well skirmished condition?

Comment

Originally posted by Craby View Post
                            Panoptes, where is this Army only site that you attend, Ive never heard of any?
                            It's not officially run by the Army if that's what you're thinking; they have 'more pressing' things to attend to at the moment. There are plenty of MoD-only sites/clubs on Stations around the country - mine is just one of them. The only 'outsiders' we usually have playing are cops/ARU.

Comment

I think I know "WE have more pressing issues" was just asking! cheers anyway.
                              "If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, maybe you just haven’t realised how bad the situation is"

Comment

Old and used does not always mean worn out.

I have a couple used guns both showing signs of wear and both of them operate at site limit both having been prepared by Neil at Zero One to meet the site limit. Externals do wear overtime as they are toys but internals are easily and cheaply replaced to reach site limits in conjunction with decent hops, and regular cleaning they can operate far better than hot guns.

There is always talk of people having hot guns at GZ and accusations where levided at Marshalls there so they where all put on the chrono and all where within limits. The one case where I acutally know of someone running a hot gun there the person in question gave them the gun with a heavier bb in claiming it was .20's so the mag was swapped out and checked with a known set of .20's and proved to be hot. He was informed that the gun was banned until reduced to the correct level.

Mistakes do happen and people can be over a small amount. I had a gun test fired at Urban and was well under the 328fps limit to have it done again a couple of months later to find it was at 320 no changes no upgrades so it does appear that they can vary.

Huge fps is not a big advantage and if you poke around on the tinternt a bit some chap has calculated the distance a bb has to fly before it falls back under 1 joule and if memory serves its a matter of a few meters only less than 10 on a .20 so not a massive advantage and that was on a gun well over the normal 350fps limit.

I found the easiest way to know is to by a Chrono they are not expensive.
                                Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
                                Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
                                Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

B.E.N. Intensive airsofter and forum heckler. I like dismantling stuff. Find out more about B.E.N.
                                Working...
                                X