500 fps snipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 500 fps snipers

I think what the OP is saying, is that there were so many people with sniper rifles on that day, that it ruined it. Personally that's why i like sites that stick to 350 fps for every rifle. Weather or not it's an AEG or Sniper Rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
      I think what the OP is saying, is that there were so many people with sniper rifles on that day, that it ruined it. Personally that's why i like sites that stick to 350 fps for every rifle. Weather or not it's an AEG or Sniper Rifle.
      To me it sounded like "I got owned big time last time I played and I couldn't even see where I was getting shot from. I didn't adapt my game play though."

Playing as a sniper has as many disadvantages as it does advantages. If it didn't, we'd all be using them.

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post
        The woodland site I used to go to would limit the amount of snipers per game. Probably to 4 per team with maybe 70 people on site.
        Missed this. So what happens when more than 8 people turn up on the day with sniper rifles and nothing to replace it with? Do they have to use sidearms all day? That site sounds a bit crap.

As for a 328fps for all rifles site, not my cuppa at all. Been to one before, and it just turned into a hose fest. Hicap-a-go-go. Which is a bit poo.
        AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

I agree with that B.E.N

At my regular site we only get say 3-4 people sniping on an average day. Average day holding about 70-100 people. It's mid-range combat though, with lot's of attacking and defending of buildings. So they can come in handy if they are tuned properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenriz View Post
            Missed this. So what happens when more than 8 people turn up on the day with sniper rifles and nothing to replace it with? Do they have to use sidearms all day? That site sounds a bit crap.
            Far from it, how many people only take one gun with them to a skirmish. You see most people turn up and could probably do with a van rather than a car for the ammount of gear they take.

Same applies to LMG's they would be limited too.
            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Far from it, how many people only take one gun with them to a skirmish. You see most people turn up and could probably do with a van rather than a car for the ammount of gear they take.
              Me, i only take one. I probably shouldnt, but i do. We car pool, so theres not enough room for us all to take multiple guns along with all our gear.
              AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Given a choice of two sniper rifles with the same high end state of tune most of us like to use one at 330 and the other at 500fps, combined with a large environment in which to use it, you would have to be stupid (may be a bit harsh) to choose the 330 one. I'd put it on the same lines as going to Thailand for a holiday and not being able to get layed.
                then call me stupid.

I rely more on my camo and field craft ability than the power of my rifle.

did my fibua training course at catterick - would love to play airsoft there.

for the OP - the amount of snipers ruined his day - BFD. - I have had plenty of shit days at airsoft. - you find a problem - you adapt and overcome it.

In this case he got shot shit loads - sounds to me like he was either playing rather slowly - or was not making use of cover.

at the end of the day if some one turned round to me and said - you are ruining my day you can't use your sniper rifle any more I would tell to them naff off.

I tend to take two guns. - last time I played I only had the sniper rifle with me.

Mac
                Originally posted by Coz
                Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

If you live in Glasgow, chances are you have been to the site in question and it's a very good site.

Same as where Big Al gashed his leg.
                  Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

If you live in Glasgow, chances are you have been to the site in question and it's a very good site.

Same as where Big Al gashed his leg.
                    you on about Section 8 - or Airsoft asylum?

Section 8 is shite.

AA is rather good.
                    Originally posted by Coz
                    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

+1 Midas. I take 6-10 guns to every skirmish. And a good mixture too. If there are snipers too many snipers in a game I will use an AEG, too many 249's then a sniper or aeg.

Granted not everyone has more than 1 gun, some only have the 1 because they can't afford it. If thats's the case I will put mine away.

Too many snipers can spoil the balance of the game, but if you use common sense and organisation you can have a good game whatever gun is being used.
                      Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

In my eyes it all comes down to the site. At a large site like GZW there is plenty of space and cover to allow you to move around and flank even a large number of snipers. But, other sites have choke points that simply cannot be assaulted without exposing yourself to fire well outside the range of the average AEG.

Against a handful of snipers that is no problem. Suppressing fire can be used when you get a few people into range, but against nearly half the other team, you'll never get anyone within range and the game play dies. Suicide charges are pretty much the only way to deal with this situation, but they get tedious after a while. Counter-sniping is not normally as effective as sniping is itself in airsoft terms.

I know some people will think I'm just being a wimp and want an advantage. OK, if you want to think that, then go ahead. But, I go to a skirmish to have fun and sitting outside the range of my AEG/GBBR for long periods of time is not fun. I've had great days, where I've had very few kills and spent most of the day in the dead-zone. I've had cr*p days with loads of kills because the game play has been uninteresting. I stopped going to my old site for a few reasons, but one of them was the restricted area and repetition of games, which led to boredom. Out of interest, I was one of the people there who wanted them to allow higher power sniper rifles, so it's not the possibility of being sniped that's an issue here to me.
                        sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dollar Find out more about dollar
                        Working...
                        X