ghk or we gbbr ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ghk or we gbbr ?

If you're not particularly settled on either, Go AK. Bigger mag, a a better system for gas weaponry as far as Airsoft goes

Comment

If you want recoil and are not bothered about it's being an actual replica, then GHK G5 all the way, however never fire with the stock folded as the lower receivers can crack due to said recoil (it's happened to a few people with the 'gen 2' even with the stock open, but that's rare).

Not had a WE aside from pistols, though the soon to be launched P90 is tempting (and as I've just sold my KWA Scorpion ...)

Comment

Heinz I don't really agree with the list there. Vipertech tend to have serious qc issues on the receivers and are copies of the WA/Inno system. The Inno is the forerunner of most current systems and yes is pricey.
        You also miss out G&P WOC & Challenge kits (the challenge being.. cheese, full WOC great)
        Then there is the KJ works. Apart from a few minors it should be right up there.
        Also the Tippmen thing. I've no idea about it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

AFAIK the reason you'd go for a Vipertech or Prime would be because of its 1:1 with real steal.

Agree on the WOC front though - I spent a long time building mine up and it runs pretty sweet now, but I wonder if I should have just shelled out for an Innokatsu because I probably ended up spending about the same amount in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Toad View Post
            Heinz I don't really agree with the list there. Vipertech tend to have serious qc issues on the receivers and are copies of the WA/Inno system. The Inno is the forerunner of most current systems and yes is pricey.
            You also miss out G&P WOC & Challenge kits (the challenge being.. cheese, full WOC great)
            Then there is the KJ works. Apart from a few minors it should be right up there.
            Also the Tippmen thing. I've no idea about it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
            The Inokatsu doesn't compare at all well to the ViperTech. Weaker bolt design, worst Hop-up system fitted to *any* WA derived design out of the box. I will concede they are the best looking though. Good point about missing out the WOC's and KJW ( I was typing at 0 Dark 30, in my defence). WOC's are a mixed bag. Monkey metal internal versions? Wouldn't touch with someone else's bargepole, let alone mine. Full steel internals? Not bad - still gets beaten by GHK due to the far better design of the GHK's firing pin system and bolt catch. KJW's......great bit of kit (if you TDC mod them) - not exactly much in the way of spare/optional parts though (sadly).

Comment

Again I'm afraid I'm in disagreement on a inno/viper/Woc. The inno bolt is reputed one of the best for the system, gives great recoil. The vipers are so hit and miss, if they are good then your great, chances are, your in for empty pockets and depression. The build yourself Woc is internally the worst, externally one of the best. The proper Woc is pretty good, not as good possibly as the GHK, but they seem to be dogs dangles of gbbr these days, personally not opened one so I don't know there.
              I still miss my KJ. Hated the cold worse then a Mexican but otherwise was a beast. Trouble was. Were in a generally cold country.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup, we're going to be in disagreement about that. ViperTech moved the design onwards since going their own way instead of just OEM'ing for Inokatsu. Without a doubt, in every way, the twin O-ring nozzle assembly that VT use in their bolt carrier group is much, much stronger than that used by Inok's current OEM, Taiwan Deer (and let's not mention the 2010 Inokatsu nozzle fiasco, either). If you get the chance, strip the FCG on a GHK down and you'll start wondering why nobody else has gone in that direction - It's gloriously simple and effective.

With regards to WOC's, externally, they aren't great. Inok and VT receivers are drop-forged then machined. G&P use die-cast monkey metal. As to KJW's, it's another one of Tanio Kobayashi's all time classics. I've been a big fan of his work since I started buying kit he'd designed back when he was with MGC (yeah, I'm that old lol). I dearly wish I hadn't sold mine :-/

At the end of the day, when someone combines the following they'll have the best GBBR M4 around: Taiwan Deer drop-forged receiver for looks (not the QA fails they punt out that Inokatsu then pass off as their "B Grade" guns), GHK valve knocker/bolt catch, LCT steel FCG, ViperTech Bolt, VFC Hop up unit with modded VSR rubber - and all at the price of a WE lol.

PS - I know some of your team mates, they used to marshal for me up at Mapledurham back in the day. Small world!
                Last edited by Heinz; 26 September, 2015, 21:49.

Comment

Are GHK M4s not 1:1 with the real deal?

Comment

GHK AK's are a good enough size to accept real woodkits/poly furniture so they are certaily pretty close. Not sure about their M4's.
                    I think it may even void the warranty (don't quote me on that).

Comment

GHK AK or G5.
                      WE don't touch them for reliability or performance.

Spares support and prices for spares on the GHK stuff is brilliant.

Ratech stuff sucks balls and also needs you to do the lot at once.
                      Having owned 2 WE gbbrs and having had both eat themselves pretty quickly, I'm not interested in their cheap sh*t anymore.
                      section 24 of the 1968 Act
                      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

What's with everyone having such poor experiences with RAT stuff? Have I just been lucky? Never had an issue with anything I've bought from them. I would say it's slightly overpriced though.

Comment

Originally posted by Proffrink View Post
                          What's with everyone having such poor experiences with RAT stuff? Have I just been lucky? Never had an issue with anything I've bought from them. I would say it's slightly overpriced though.
                          Seconded

Comment

If RAT is the only stuff you've used them you haven't got much to compare against 'cept the stock stuff. As an example, I recently tested the following FCG's for the WE M4 - stock, CWI, RA Tech, TSC, Hephaestus. The standout FCG was from CWI; it was superb in all aspects of it's design, materials and manufacturing. The RAT, Hephaestus, and TSC fire control groups all had problems of one type or another - from bad design, to rubbish materials to piss poor manufacturing.

Comment

RAT stuff, so amazing you have to file the utter piss out it so it fits and works in the very gun its made for......

Hephaestus stuff works well with GHK but Im not sure about other makes.
                              section 24 of the 1968 Act
                              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

The Ratech trigger group I recently fitted into my ak74un fitted like a glove with no issues whatsoever. Why oh why though a full 'drop in' box isn't available is beyond me - it is for the M4 I note, though I'm keeping that stock.

Also, what's this I hear on the grapevine that WE are soon to fit steel internals as standard?? Truth or kak!???

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RootintootinShooting Find out more about RootintootinShooting
                                Working...
                                X