Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Make of M14

Originally posted by Arnie013 View Post
    Noone has seemed to mention the G&P ones yet. apparentyl they perform just as good as TM but the externals are far superior, but they are probably way out your budget unless you can find one second hand, good luck with that one!!
    Really? I'm so tempted to "invest" in the DMR that is currently on lndwrior when pay day rolls around. I assume it's built using the G&P kit, so it's backwards compatible with the TM M14?

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
      Ok.. first google hit... $179.99 for the EBR... Eff that... It must be made out of cheese.
      I suppose you have one and can justify that statement then.

Comment

Originally posted by dxnib1 View Post
        I suppose you have one and can justify that statement then.
        Well, no, if you care to read my posts it's quite obvious I wouldn't touch one with yours.

It's quite a complex kit, you're going to have to cut a lot of corners to to get the price point down that low and still make it profitable and worthwhile.

Comment

Its actually not too bad a gun BEN. It does seem solid, as I have handled one in a shop. The RIS is a similar alloy to the JG stuff so is fairly well made. But as I said above, it is imo ugly and spoils the lines of the M14 on the whole.

They probably cut costs in the internals department to get it to that price range. But saying that my Kart JAE100 performs brilliantly out of the box but was mega hot and required a drastic cut of the spring.
          Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Originally posted by jfox61 View Post
            Its actually not too bad a gun BEN. It does seem solid, as I have handled one in a shop. The RIS is a similar alloy to the JG stuff so is fairly well made. But as I said above, it is imo ugly and spoils the lines of the M14 on the whole.

They probably cut costs in the internals department to get it to that price range. But saying that my Kart JAE100 performs brilliantly out of the box but was mega hot and required a drastic cut of the spring.
            Aye, each to their own and we can all shout about our feelings about these things till we are blue in the face... As long as it does the job for you, that's all that matters...

A friend got that CA EBR a few months back and that wouldn't even fire out of the box... The trigger contacts were banjoed and the hop was appalling and lose. A bit of tinkering and it's there now, but it was still over £300...

Comment

i found my Kart M14 to be alittle too hot aswell. Saying that the though, the only real trouble i had was getting inside it for a grease up. the insides were really rather dry.

there probably have been cutbacks, in order to get it so cheap. but so far its shooting well. not the fastest RPS but certainly nothing bad, or slow. the range on its is rather fantastic. again. not TM fantastic but fantastic overall. and its a solid bugger. personally i love EBR's and i am looking to get a second so i can spray it a Tan colour. but yes, there must be cutbacks in some area. but on over a year of relatively intensive skirmishing its done its job without any hiccups.

Comment

I know i sing the TM M14's praises, but this be why...

Mine has been upgraded. Its currently firing 405fps, locked to semi. Tightbore barrel, upgraded spring. Thats all thats been done to it. Anybody who plays ground zero will know the valley between firebase charlie and the nest. Now, from the nest, i managed to hit somebody stood by the little wooden fence overlooking the valley. It must be about 70-80m. The dude was trying to 'mortar' me. I aimed at his neck and hit his chest. He used about 200 bb's trying to hit me. I used 9.
                The ONLY problem ive had with this gun, in 2 and a half years, is that i didnt strip the thing down and clean it. After 2 years, it stopped working. I thought trigger contact, or something internal. Turned out, all that was wrong, was that dirty had gotten into the trigger contact, and stopped it working. Zero One stripped it, cleaned it, an gave me it back. Fine since. Until there was a smell of burning. But its back with zero one being fixed right now.
                What im trying to say, is that going out and buying a gun then upgrading it is not always the best option. It would be more worthwhile to buy something that will last without throwing money at upgrading it. The TM is outstanding BEFORE upgrades. But it will last too. Just my view on it, and you might well find something better. But if i ever do buy another M14, it will only be TM.

Comment

I agree Hoggy The percentage of failure on the TM M14 is so low that it is probably one of the few guns i would buy new without trying. I certainly wouldn't think of putting many upgrade in it. possibly a TK twist bore or standard tight boreand maybe a M100 spring and that would be it as I don't feel the internals need to be touched at all.
                  Feedback link

Comment

My TM m14 is still running stock since day one of their release back in 2005

It has hands down been one of the most reliable aeg's ive owned, only thing I want to change in this beast is maybe give it a nice tightbore to increase the range

Ive also got the kart JAE 100 and that thing is solid and very robust itself (just aint had a real chance to play with it)

You cant really go wrong with the tm one and im sure if you look around on th eforum you may be able to pick one up cheap

On the p90 thing you will all hate me because I think their an awesome gun untill you go adding that horrible boxmag

Comment

Well If you do play you will be impressed for the cost you get it for. As said earlier the performance ROF wise isnt much to shout home about but upt the battery to a 8.4 and it is fine. I wouldn't risk anything more powerful though as i wouldn't like to say how robust the gearing is on it.
                      Feedback link

Comment

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6061

Funny story really, thought i would see what the earliest post i could find was, and this oneon M14's came up from 2008....

For further reading, click this >>> http://www.zeroin.co.uk/search.php?searchid=733250 (Granted, a search just pulls up all posts with the writing M14)
                        Last edited by hoggy21; 14 May, 2010, 18:24.

Comment

Originally posted by gijohn2 View Post
                          Or a AGM
                          No. Just No.

Comment

Tm all the way! possibly the best Standard out the box gun! cant fault it!

Comment

TM if you have the money

or BUY a CYMA and try to source a tm hop unit and barrel and then youve got TM range and accuracy but at a chearper price.

Comment

Buy i CYMA or AGM with that budget, there not bad if you can live with the metal they are made out of. Then just go for some basic upgrades

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SA-80_DUDE25 Find out more about SA-80_DUDE25
                                Working...
                                X