This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Long range electric sniper

It being illegal is all down to it's weight of importance as far as the law goes. Are the police going to come knocking on your door? No (unless someone reports you).

BUT, if you shot someone's eye out, they tried to sue you, and the police inspected your rifle, then you'd be in trouble (especially if not locked to semi). But then again, the odds of that happening are VERY low.

Anyway, back on topic...

Have you thought about 330fps on a TK Twist Barrel?

I have a VSR doing 210' chest shots on 330fps, so fps isn't everything. Then you could keep it full-auto as well.

Thanks,

Alex (mj23lj)
    Trader Feedback:
    New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
    Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

What is a TK twisted barrel?

Comment

Ok guys here is what I have managed to scoop up in about 15 mins or so:

Any airsoft rifle whose power that exceeds 1.34 joules (381 fps w/.2's) is classifed as an air rifle.
        An Air rifle does not become a firearm until its energy rating exceeds approx 16 joules.
        Air rifles are not allowed to be full automatic.

Owning a Sr16 (for example) locked off to semi, firing at 425fps is illegal as it was originally DESIGNED for fully automatic operation.

BUT a PSG-1 firing at 425fps is legal as it was originally DESIGNED for semi auto operation.

The above is just what I managed to find in less than 15 mins and as such may not be the whole picture but it should give others a brief insight into where any confusion is coming from.

The 425fps thing comes down to site limits not the law. At the end of the day GZW is a large site and I'm pretty sure they are not going to risk their ass when it comes to the law and airsoft.

But thats not the guys question!
        £250 quid isnt alot of money to be playing with when talking Sniper rifles or even DMR's so I reckon the best way forward is 350fps and a TK twist barrel.
        "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't stop it from putting lego up its bum."

Comment

good god... some of the coments posted here are hilarious....

Please... go do it....

MJ23lj... its against the law, but im not going to get caught, thats your excuse? DO you REALISE what you just said? 'im happy to break the law'

Im afraid thats the principal GZ operate on, as do, it apears, a lot of this board...

Guys, make and use what you want, justify if how you want. Excuse me, im going to sit here and laugh.

you know... someone might very well report you... to a mental hospital.

Comment

No, if You are looking for a good Sniper AEg that will actually out perform an AEG you will be looking at spenduing a fair bit more than that.

Unless you fid a cheap gun and do some tweaking yourself, but generally even the ones made to be semi auto needed upgrading out the box to beat an AEG, like the psg-1.

Plus you have to consider the strian it puts on the motor, as I belive that firing in semi is a lot more stressful than firing in full, unless you have a motor designed to do it.

But I read above someone talking about a mosfet, and they are great, as one thing you want iwth a sniper istrigger respones, and its a cheaper alternative to changing wires, motors and sticking a great huge battery onto it.

Comment

Originally posted by rockdelta_1.0 View Post
              No, if You are looking for a good Sniper AEg that will actually out perform an AEG you will be looking at spenduing a fair bit more than that.

Unless you fid a cheap gun and do some tweaking yourself, but generally even the ones made to be semi auto needed upgrading out the box to beat an AEG, like the psg-1.

Plus you have to consider the strian it puts on the motor, as I belive that firing in semi is a lot more stressful than firing in full, unless you have a motor designed to do it.

But I read above someone talking about a mosfet, and they are great, as one thing you want iwth a sniper istrigger respones, and its a cheaper alternative to changing wires, motors and sticking a great huge battery onto it.
              there is no such thing as a motor designed for semi.

it will ALWAYS put more strain on than fully auto, as you are constantly start/stopping the motor, its always having to exert maximum torque, then off again, where as with full it will only have full torque exerted for the first shot. once the coils are spinning they require less current to keep going.

it will also put more strain on the wiring, the fuse, and hence why a fet is a good idea, but make sure its a decent rated fet, you'll blow any sub 100A fet first shot, the amperage that motors take, especially when trying to push 400fps, is unreal
              Dboys KAC PDW - PEQ - Lipo - 2x midcaps - £150ono
              Classic Army B&T MP5A5 - Battery - 2x midcaps - £200ono
              2x Clone M9 GBB - 1 Mag Each - £50ea ono

Comment

My bad thanks for correcting me.

Sureley ones designed will take a bit less stress than ones that were not meant to.

I mean of course if you ran a semi made one on full it would take less strain, but compared to a normal motor it must be a little better?

Comment

425fps with any AEG is illegal.
                  It doesn't matter if it was designed for semi or not in the eyes of the law if it can be made to fire full auto then it is full auto and as most of us know its a very easy job to make a psg1 fire full auto.
                  "I'm not going to get caught" isnt a defence neither is "Joey Bloggs down the road said it was fine" Which is pretty much what GZ are saying by letting people use 425 semi autos.
                  While air rifles may not become firearms until they cross the 12ft/lb power limit Airsoft guns arnt air rifles and as such have different laws. The 1.35j limit is when the government officials (the ones who originally tested them) said become able to cause serious harm and as such shooting someone with one becomes assault with a weapon and you get all the fun of the prison sentence that carries.
                  And finally if someone did get the hump on with GZ and decided to phone the police telling them that they let people use illegal weapons there all it would mean to GZ is that their insurance wouldn't be valid and they might not be able to get a renewal although they could claim ignorance to the insurance company which they could get away with.
                  The players who were found with illegal weapons on the other hand would become airsoft's first test cases in the courts and with all the anti gun people about these days I don't see it going well for the players.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                  X