Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sniper Back-Ups...

Originally posted by SemperFi69 View Post
    well USMC force reconiscance sniper teams use The M40a3, and a m16 with a m203 as a back up...can i use that ? :D
    Are you a sniper team?

Comment

well a usmc team consists of two people, spotter...shooter,

at my old local, i was part of a sniper team...
      me and a friend,
      so in answer to your question ...yes,

but half way through games i normally use my aeg, as sniping is far to boring to do all day
      , imo
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Parky
      Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

I feel a sniper should be limited to a pistol as backup because if they can use anything what is to stop them just tagging a Sniper rifle onto a normal loadout to get the extra range for it?

I have plans for a Nam era sniper setup with a 1911 for backup and a spotter with either a M16 or XM177.

Comment

just my two pence, but I'd agree with a previous poster; If you're going to roll with a high power sniper rifle, then a decent pistol should be enough of a back-up.

Even a small AEG like a scorpion, kurtz or MP7 is to much, a HP rifle gives you a massive advantage at long range, whilst if you can switch to a bb spitter inside 30M, you're still pretty much even against most opponents.

They should IMO have the edge over you, if they've managed to get inside your engagement range, it's only fair they have a better that evens chance of slotting you.

I roll with either a psg-1 or MB-06 rifle and only even use my silenced ruger MK1 as a back-up, well then and a cold steel knife
          Last edited by jester; 16 June, 2010, 17:56. Reason: spelling lol
          sigpic

Comment

Perhaps what a sniper needs is a huge gbb full auto pistol with an extended mag that will scare the bejesus out of anyone in earshot.

Comment

Sorry to interupt but as I was thinking of getting a sniper and you guys are saying theres not much difference in range and accuracy, is there any point?

Comment

Originally posted by Pointblank View Post
                Sorry to interupt but as I was thinking of getting a sniper and you guys are saying theres not much difference in range and accuracy, is there any point?
                yes sock they are no better than a AEG but if you spend the time and money upgrading them then they are capable of hitting 70-100m.

Comment

You should be able to hit body sized targets at about 80m with some practice and a well tuned set up, maybe a little more. Aeg's well set up and tuned maybe 60m max with a fair wind....Not all aeg's will achieve this though. Particularly straight out of the box.
                  Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

however what if someone didn't want to be a 'sniper' and just a marksman would they be disallowed from the higher fps?
                    by marksman i mean using a DMR or getting close to the enemy while remaining out of MED and taking them out as opposed to the whole sneaky blend in thing

Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve
                    You've seen the photos, he's a little stem of grass whistling in the wind, couldn't threaten the skin off a rice pudding.
                    Kid has issues

Comment

If you are going to be sneaky and get close to foe, why would you want high fps? Or have I miss read that.
                      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

my current sniping situation, and i take sniping with a pinch of salt.

i will take my l96 slung on my back and my g36c at hand,
                        my regular site plays with 2 teams about 7 aside.
                        when i play, if we're doing a capture the flag mission or something with ALOT of movement then i have the sniper slung and the assault in hand.

but with attack and defend games, i will dig in and have the bolty out, when we have to hold a position or multiple positions i will stop moving with a patrol and i will take overwatch positions with the l96.
                        i don't claim to be a sniper btw

-Kev
                        Originally posted by The Keeper of Secrets
                        It's a well known fact that more Magpul on your M4 = bigger penis.

Comment

To me, If I were to get a sniping loadout of sorts I'd most likely go with a bolt action rifle of some sort and get an MP7 for a backup.

Although I admit I'd rather be more of a designated marksman if I was in a team. Staying still for long periods of time especially with the inclement weather doesnt appeal.

If you go for a pistol route though I heartily reccomend the TM P226. Incredible range for a GBB and it copes with green gas.

Comment

I've used my TM SOPMOD M4 recoil shock a few times with my PSG-1. The PSG-1 gets a lot more distance and I play quickly seeing as we play quick games anyway. If you want an AEG and a sniper rifle I say do it. It works.

Comment

^^^ +1

as earlier on in the thread, the USMC have assaults and sniper rifles.

so if thoses lightweights can handle it, then i'm pretty sure us MUCH better airsofters will cope fine
                              Originally posted by The Keeper of Secrets
                              It's a well known fact that more Magpul on your M4 = bigger penis.

Comment

[sigh] People just love to make stuff up on here, and watch far too many films and play too much COD.

All im going to say is this:
                                Go watch this video, and watch how its ACTUALLY done, and not how you THINK its done.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztlhR...os=AzD1ssJCITU

Basically, both the sniper and spotter carry their standard weaponry (SA80's). That is if they are to go and work alone in such a spot where they will be on their own and out on a limb. The sniper rifle will be carried in a drag bag, and only be taken out when the sniper and spotter are in position. Bear in mind that something stupid like 85% of a sniper and spotters role is reconnaissance and reporting of troop movements.
                                If they are going out on a patrol (such as in Afghan) where they have mutual support, they will only carry a side arm (Sig pistol). This is because they have plenty of other soldiers around who can put down rounds at a rapid rate, opposed to being limited to a 5 round mag, if the shite hits the fan.

In airsoft, it doesnt matter. If you are going to be the guy who is running around all over the place, taking pot shots and trying to be light on his feet, a side arm is good for the speed, but a main rifle is good for when you get stuck near a large group of enemy and need to fight your way out. If you are going to be the sneaky guy, then technically you only need a pistol due to the fact your going to be far away from everybody else, and shouldnt need to use a sidearm, but when you get pinged (as you do in airsoft, due to the short ranges involved), by god you'll wish you had an aeg and a hi cap mag.

Just my views.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

B.E.N. Intensive airsofter and forum heckler. I like dismantling stuff. Find out more about B.E.N.
                                Working...
                                X