Collapse

how powerfull can an airsoft gun be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: how powerfull can an airsoft gun be?

I bought a V2 complete gearbox from HK a while back, popped it straight in. Was doing 460-480fps with no problems or funny noises

Comment

Gas sniper rifles are your best bet i reckon.
      trader rating

Comment

HPA and a gun that can take the pressue = 1000fps gun

theres a video on youtube of a guys 800fps vsr 10 ..nutty

Comment

There's someone in america who upgraded a KA FN FAL to 700fps with a .2. I think at that level, the amount of energy creep you'll be getting from useing heavier ammo will be substancial. So I could imagine a .43 giving the energy equivilent of around 800fps with a .2 fired from the same gun. That's the highest I've ever heard of an AEG being pushed too.

As for gas powered guns, I'm sure I've seen a video of an old JAC AUG being used at over 1000fps. At least, that was claimed. I can't remember if you see it being fired through a chrono or not. I can believe it's possible anyway.

Gas in mag guns have an inate limit, because of the pressure the mags can take. As do AEGs, due to the mechanism being spring powered. There's only a certain strength of spring you'll ever be able to fit in a GB without external modifications taking it to what I would say is no longer describable as a BB gun.

I've seen a spring sniper rifle that fired in excess of 650fps with a .2. Can't remember the exact number, although I'm sure the old owner would have claimed it was over 700. Definately the equivilent of over 700fps on a .2 when used with a .43. It was getting to the point where cocking it was a team effort.
          sigpic
          Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
          I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

haha all these are great stories im gonna have a look on the tube

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
              If you created a ultra high gas pressure system, then work out the highest pressure you can use, and voila, the xxxx fps weapon.
              In reallity it is quite simple.

Pre charged air rifle. Barrel bored out to accept bb's. Compressed air set to 12ft/lb legal limit for an air rifle and away you go. Or if you have FAC what ever is set for your max limit if they have one for an air rifle.

Slightly off topic, I know when I used to do a fair bit of air rifle shooting. There was a compressed air rifle that could shoot a damn great lead slug through a 2'' thick piece of wood at 100m. It was something like an ounce of lead too...lol Not developed in the UK.
              Last edited by North West Outpost; 18 August, 2010, 15:06.
              Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

i have seen aeg's in the states that chronoe'd at 520 (highest ive seen) and their was one site my cousin was on about where they have a 50cal mounted to a hummer that is driven by an air compressor, he said that get's up to 700fps on a .40bb

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post

Slightly off topic, I know when I used to do a fair bit of air rifle shooting. There was a compressed air rifle that could shoot a damn great lead slug through a 2'' thick piece of wood at 100m. It was something like an ounce of lead too...lol Not developed in the UK.
                  Yeah, I read a blog somewhere about some yank with a custom air rifle he uses for hunting Buffalo and grizzly bears. Shot straight through the buffalo's shoulder through the entire torso and out the other side.
                  Get one of those and bore it for a BB :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                  Working...
                  X