9.6v lipos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 9.6v lipos?

The C rating isn't the capacity mate. The C rating is your batteries continous discharge rate. The Mah is you battery capacity.

The recommended battery for the RS type 97 is an 8.4 Mah Nimh in custom config and you can buy them. As for getting 11.1's yes you can get them but for my gun the smallest i can get is an 800mah 11.1. This fits in the pistol grip.

The gun is designed and built as per the real steel on a 1:1 basis. This creates problem in the battery diimension because of the foregrip mouldings. If yu have a battery with too low a discharge rat ie say 10c or 15 c you run the risk of attempting to draw more power than the battery can allow.
    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

ok the question is would a 11.1V 800mAh 20C+ continuous discharge be ok in my gun? my guns all systema insides

Comment

If it it fits it will be ok. The problem is the 800mah you will need 1 possibly 2 more batteries to make sure you have enough capacity to last a full day.

You can get 1100 sized batteries of about the same dimensions as the battery you have though and that would be better.

It seems you have the same problem as me and it isnt battery power thats the issue but the internal dimension of the gun.
        Feedback link

Comment

yea the mah doesnt bother me because il just buy 2 was just wondering if my gun will be ok if i just do 3 round bursts

Comment

Originally posted by jfox61 View Post
            The C rating isn't the capacity mate. The C rating is your batteries continous discharge rate. The Mah is you battery capacity.

The recommended battery for the RS type 97 is an 8.4 Mah Nimh in custom config and you can buy them. As for getting 11.1's yes you can get them but for my gun the smallest i can get is an 800mah 11.1. This fits in the pistol grip.

The gun is designed and built as per the real steel on a 1:1 basis. This creates problem in the battery diimension because of the foregrip mouldings. If yu have a battery with too low a discharge rat ie say 10c or 15 c you run the risk of attempting to draw more power than the battery can allow.
            no mate c is a way of giving you the ampage of the battery for certain calculations. Your mah is your capacity correct, and your capacity can be shown as 1C or C as well they mean the same thing. For instance 20C, is 20xCapacity for continuous discharge. 800mah is .8 amps so your C is .8. 20C is the discharge which is 16amps. I am not even sure a 800mah 20C battery will have enough ampage for an airsoft gun considering they have 30 amp fuses. This is probably what the locked gearbox higher in this thread was, not locked just no where near enough torque from the motor to wind the spring.

C can also be used when charging the battery. I assume you are getting a balance charger for your lipo, and the battery should come with a recommended charge rating, often between 1 and 2 C. If you have a 2C charge rating on the battery you can set the charger to charge at 1.6amps on an 800mah battery. If you have a balance charger you can quick charge pretty much every time, they do not benefit from trickle charging like NiMh do.

You are kinda right that the C is used in conjunction with a number to give you your continuous discharge. often batteries have a burst feature too which is often double the continuous though I wouldn't recommend a gun eating into the burst all the time. So aim for around 30-35 amp battery.

A 30 amp battery would be a 1500mah 20c battery. You could still use an 800 mah battery but it will need a much higher discharge, 40C is what you need at 800mah to give you enough ampage for an airsoft motor.

As I said before I use lipos in all my guns and even buy individual cells to solder in such a fashion as to be used in wierd and wonderful ways. They are good batteries for the size, but I have a feeling an 800mah 11.1v is probably meant for an RC helicopter, for which the motor would have next to no torque or amp requirement, but a high voltage requirement for speed.
            Trader Feedback:-t0astie

Comment

That's a better explanation lol. You pretty much explained it perfectly that time. For a newbie it is a minefield. I have been using Li Pos in my guns and RC gear for about 5 years now. I was trying to keep things simple for the OP as it is obvious he is ne to the different batteries on offer.

Like you say there are so many configs of Li po batteries it can be a nightmare for a noobie. I would suggest he measures the cavity the battery will go into, then look on a couple of websites selling batteries, for a suitable sized battery that will fit into the cavity, choosing the highest C and Mah rating he can get. I think we would agree the Voltage isnt a problem with a Li Po so he could choose a 7.4 but with a 20c to 30c rating and a Mah of around 1400 upwards.
              Feedback link

Comment

Originally posted by Salvation View Post
                aye my gun uses a 9.6 tho

seems a little sluggish on a 7.4, hopefully the highspeed motor ive bought will sort that out ifnot il have to go to a 11.1
                get a higher "C" rated one 25c should do it
                trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Originally posted by ste887 View Post
                  get a higher "C" rated one 25c should do it
                  They dont do a one witha high c that will fit in my gun, il just see if this motor sorts it first then i guess il go to 11.1

Comment

Although your gear box has full Systema internals, have you or anyone taken the time to ensure AOE is corrected and removed the Second and half the third from last tooth on the piston?

Single shot should be ok regardless but any more than one can cause hicups. Or worse at 11.1 volts.
                    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Salvation Been Playing for just over a year, love it, wont stop :) Find out more about Salvation
                    Working...
                    X