Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

importing a rif which of these post services would you recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• importing a rif which of these post services would you recommend?

hey guys,

got a choice of tnt, dhl, ups and hong kong post for importing a rif.

anyone recommend one out of those which you have had good experiences with. perhaps less charges? quicker service? deal with the whole defence thing promptly?

thanks
    TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Re: importing a rif which of these post services would you recommend?

All reputable couriers.

If like me, you never are caught in, you might want to consider whos depot is closest!

I like TNT, they charge any customs fee's afterwards, rather than delay your package.

Comment

Hong Kong post.

Least likely to get stuffed with charges (funnily enough, my £200+ order from KHM came through customs the other day, delivered by Parcelforce... Didn't get charged a penny).

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

FedEx. Great service and very good tracker website.

Comment

UPS, ive sent over 200 parcels through them and had a little over 30 from them. Great company!
          Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
          Just because something is in Transformers 2 doesnt make it real.

Comment

fedex aren't offered abbadon.

I've had no problems with hong kong post before but I don't know if I want to trust them with a rif. especially as it will come out with parcel force the other end...

good point about the depots jag. the parcel force depot is ages away. I'll have a look about the rest.
            TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

My bad, missed the companies you can choose from. UPS in that case.

Comment

Are you ordering from EHA? If you use the EMS shipping (3-5days) then it will almost certainly get capped at customs.

I don't know if I want to trust them with a rif. especially as it will come out with parcel force the other end...
                Often I worry when PF collect a package from my house. The only person I trust with a gun is myself, and even that is questionable.... It's like I had mentioned, the fact that such a large package didn't get stopped at customs (although had a customs declaration letter on it) and then was handled by Parcelforce (48hour). I was shocked, frankly!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

using the 4 letter retailer

dhl won't deliver rifs I've have just found out so that option is out. its between ups and tnt. I'm thinking ups as I have never heard a bad thing about them.

don't really mind if it gets hit with fees. I think with rifs its probably a bit unavoidable. I just want a nice smoothe transaction. I'm asking the retailer to put a contact sheet in the box with my details and my sites details.

Comment

Well, you shouldn't mind if you get taxed, it's kinda the law. You import something, you have to pay UK tax on it. If you don't like the fee's that the companies charge to release your item, you can pay the tax strait to HMRC I'm told, and avoid the handling charge. Although I've no idea how that is done in practice. Presumably a phone call with your credit card handy.
                    sigpic
                    Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                    I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

tnt, ordered a kalash akm from a hk website, came in 4 days without any charges
                      Not to worry about breaking the law, as long as you're healthy.- spetsnazdave87

At which point I would mount my ride, which is a donkey called Akbar, and charge off into the enemy, lighting the grenades as I go

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                        Are you ordering from EHA? If you use the EMS shipping (3-5days) then it will almost certainly get capped at customs.

Often I worry when PF collect a package from my house. The only person I trust with a gun is myself, and even that is questionable.... It's like I had mentioned, the fact that such a large package didn't get stopped at customs (although had a customs declaration letter on it) and then was handled by Parcelforce (48hour). I was shocked, frankly!
                        Hi,Just about to place an order with EHA.So you've order from them before?Are they any good?Which service shall i use with them?
                        Thanks for your advice
                        Peter
                        sigpic

Comment

Just in case any of you weren't aware, discussion of how to avoid customs charges, or reduce them, is not just against the forum rules, it is illegal. Tax fraud and tax evasion are serious crimes.

But I'm sure you all knew that anyway. So would never have posted anything about that on a public forum.
                          sigpic
                          Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                          I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Originally posted by caffin999 View Post
                            using the 4 letter retailer

dhl won't deliver rifs I've have just found out so that option is out. its between ups and tnt. I'm thinking ups as I have never heard a bad thing about them.

don't really mind if it gets hit with fees. I think with rifs its probably a bit unavoidable. I just want a nice smoothe transaction. I'm asking the retailer to put a contact sheet in the box with my details and my sites details.
                            As he said(caffin999),it not about avoiding fees(or tax)!!It's about how to get a smooth transaction!
                            sigpic

Comment

what kakili said. I don't want to know how to avoid tax dope

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

caffin999 IT Consultant Find out more about caffin999
                              Working...
                              X