Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

importing a rif which of these post services would you recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: importing a rif which of these post services would you recommend?

Well to be honest I have had quite a lot of items come the other direction by HK post and they have been fine. Delivered on time to this country, and never a problem till it gets to our 3rd world system.
    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Just whatever you do avoid Parcel Farce at all costs. I was hit with the £13.50 "clearance fees" but managed to get the waved.

I would go with UPS as they are very good, have only used them once though.

Comment

UPS and TNT charge the same last time I checked. And I know he wasn't trying to avoid them, but I've seen these threads drift into that before. Maybe overstepping my mark by mentioning it, but not harm done ey?

I like TNT, for the fact you do seem to get the parcel faster, then pay them afterwards. But they charge more as far as I can remember. So I usually go EMS, which comes through Parcelfarce. Just account for the handling fee before I decide if I can afford the item. Still works out cheaper than UK purchase most of the time.
        sigpic
        Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
        I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

who has had experience with EHA, thinking of ordering a RiF from them, are they good with postage fees? or do you get like another 30 quid charge a couple of days after it arrives?
          sigpic
          View iTrader Rating Here
          Looking for Kjw KC-02 Parts(Ra-tech, Kjw, etc..) PM me!

Comment

No, not really to be honest mate. I haven't found any company in HK to be "good with postage fees".

Truth of the matter is, they're only charging you what it would cost them to send it to you, plus a little percentage perhaps. This percentage may vary retailer to retailer, but at the end of the day it's only going to be a few dollars difference.

When it arrives, you may (recently = probable) get a customs clearance fee, which you must pay. However, if the delivery company requests you to pay a handling fee, call them up refusing to pay this (and say you paid international shipping from the retailer) and also quote the Postal Services Act - do a search on this forum for something like "*handling*" or " *fee* " or something for more info.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
              When it arrives, you may (recently = probable) get a customs clearance fee, which you must pay. However, if the delivery company requests you to pay a handling fee, call them up refusing to pay this (and say you paid international shipping from the retailer) and also quote the Postal Services Act - do a search on this forum for something like "*handling*" or " *fee* " or something for more info.
              I received a letter from TNT telling me owe them about £30, HALF of which is their fee.
              I've sent them an email asking why I have to pay the fee when I already paid for shipping. That was 4 days ago - no answer yet, and I'm not paying any of it until I do get an answer.

Comment

UPS every time.
                You WILL have to pay fee's, but for RIF importa, they are the best. Fill in the emailed form, fax back, pay, recieve gun. Fastest was THREE days from Hk. Door to door. Now thast quick! You get what you pay for, even with couriers!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

caffin999 IT Consultant Find out more about caffin999
                Working...
                X