Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: change of image

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
    Im not really sure what the point of this thread is?

You upgraded a sportline P90, therefore, it is an upgraded P90...

What is there to figure out? :S
    I Only used my P90 as an example, I started the thread with "At what point does an upgraded AEG cast off it’s old image and become something new, for instance I have........" I was refering to peoples perceptions of airsoft brand, i.e is an upgraded star Whaterever model still percieved as a lesser product than a of the shelf whatevermodel AEG.
    Clearly I have failed in my effort to invoke discussion and thought with this post. I shall immediatly throw myself onto the nearest railway track. Wait they're not running, damn. Oh well "Waht am the bestest M4 then?"

Comment

Ah I see what you mean now. To be honest it wont change its 'image'. It may well be superb, and had every part replaced, right down to the body pins, but people buying may not be interested in that, and want something that hasnt had so much work done on it.

So from a selling point the image wont change much, from a users point of view it will change a little bit .

Comment

Originally posted by Double 0 Jedi View Post
        I Only used my P90 as an example, I started the thread with "At what point does an upgraded AEG cast off it’s old image and become something new, for instance I have........" I was refering to peoples perceptions of airsoft brand, i.e is an upgraded star Whaterever model still percieved as a lesser product than a of the shelf whatevermodel AEG.
        Clearly I have failed in my effort to invoke discussion and thought with this post. I shall immediatly throw myself onto the nearest railway track. Wait they're not running, damn. Oh well "Waht am the bestest M4 then?"
        You do make a fair point but sadly there is a high degree of brand snobery, when surely the aim is to have a well maintained rif that is accurate, reliable, and most of all hits what you point it at and pull the trigger, after all that is the aim of airsoft isnt it, not 'ive got a *insert brand* therefore you lose'.

People with the snobish branding attitude tend to also live up the saying, 'all the gear, no idea'

That should trigger a few comments:D

NB selling is a different matter, youd need to be totally open on the upgrades and call it what it is
        Originally posted by Bluegill
        5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Originally posted by oneshot187 View Post
          You do make a fair point but sadly there is a high degree of brand snobery, when surely the aim is to have a well maintained rif that is accurate, reliable, and most of all hits what you point it at and pull the trigger, after all that is the aim of airsoft isnt it, not 'ive got a *insert brand* therefore you lose'.

People with the snobish branding attitude tend to also live up the saying, 'all the gear, no idea'

That should trigger a few comments:D

NB selling is a different matter, youd need to be totally open on the upgrades and call it what it is
          I agree totally. I have seen people walking around with systema rifs, and complete pro loadouts but didnt have a clue what they were doing airsoft wise. Yet I have also seen AGM and JG owners who literally owned everyone with a simple M4A1 or G36 and some scrubs they pulled together. Whatever tickles your fancy i always say. Just cant stand all the blingboys that say chinasoft is not good enough. my m8 has an ares and tm rif and they both are giving him a big pain in the backside most of the time because of all the problems he has had with em. Yet I have an AGM and JG rif and they both have never let me down.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercenary View Post
            I agree totally. I have seen people walking around with systema rifs, and complete pro loadouts but didnt have a clue what they were doing airsoft wise. Yet I have also seen AGM and JG owners who literally owned everyone with a simple M4A1 or G36 and some scrubs they pulled together. Whatever tickles your fancy i always say. Just cant stand all the blingboys that say chinasoft is not good enough. my m8 has an ares and tm rif and they both are giving him a big pain in the backside most of the time because of all the problems he has had with em. Yet I have an AGM and JG rif and they both have never let me down.
            This is why Im not gonna bother upgraded the buhjeebus out of all my guns, and just get them to handle well.

Range isnt enough? get closer! Accuracy isnt very good? keep shooting!

Theres more to be gained from tactis/manouvering in airsoft than there is from mega upgraded guns

Comment

I did actually here a guy say once upon hit at the same time as he hit the other guy "but I have a systema so my round would have got to you first" !

What a Ghey !

I think for sake of sale they should be described as "upgraded with following parts" unless majority of the body and internals have been changed at which point it's "custom build based off *****"

And for the snobs saying he should have bought TM I will point out they are just as unreliable at feeding as any other P90 off the same mags

Comment

"but I have a systema so my round would have got to you first"

That is the most retarded thing I have yet to hear in Airsoft!

Comment

Yep, this was at a large milsim weekender and the player said it while trying to enter a building we were defending during the night.
                  He was laughed out of the door

Comment

Originally posted by 1st commando View Post
                    I did actually here a guy say once upon hit at the same time as he hit the other guy "but I have a systema so my round would have got to you first" !
                    PMSL Classic!! :D

Comment

Yep, this was at a large milsim weekender and the player said it while trying to enter a building we were defending during the night.
                      And a hail of 6mm fury too i hope:D

Comment

Milsimmer! Typical

And while entering a building?! I could understand his trail of thought if it was over long ranges in woodland, but in CQB!?!?

Comment

Funniest thing was that his arguement of faster trigger response was null and void as he was hit with a GBB pistol anyway

Comment

what a douche!

Comment

i think in all honesty you cant cast off an old image unless you change every part but even then what really is the point? as long as your happy with the way it looks and shoots then why does it matter. people can hate the fact its a sportline all they like but you'll be the one laughing when you light them up from 2 meters away. Systema or no Systema, if you shoot them its gonna hurt. and anyway you still gotta see the guy your shooting at before he sees you. As for coming to sell it, why bother? upgrading a gun (for me at least) is a labour of love. you put the time, effort and money into it to making it what you want. which may not be what other people want. as soon as you upgrade a gun to what you want whether its with a high speed motor or a silencer, technically its customised to your specs.
                              Originally posted by ste887
                              yes but multicam is the new black
                              and black is the new gay

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Double 0 Jedi Find out more about Double 0 Jedi
                              Working...
                              X