Patriot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Patriot?

the reason is they can use a short weapon but its cheaper to use an existing system, they can find mags and ammo out in the field etc and spare parts

makes PERFECT sense

also more powerful than an mp5 or something
    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

thats a xm1e5 or something its not supposed to leave the tank/APC not a patriot.

Comment

yeah but such a powerful round in a tiny ickle gun..just seems a bit odd to me, as no shoulder stock would essentially mean that all rounds would have the accuracy of hip fired rounds.

but then again, im sure the american military had reasons for using them

because it's not like they've ever made a mistake in their armaments..apart from perhaps sticking with the M16. :p but i digress from the topic!
        Originally posted by sparrowhawk
        Mas...sorry mate,i know you are young, but is English your first language?

Originally posted by jfox61
        Erm.. wrong website for this sort of thing.

Comment

I'm sure lots of guns aren't suppose to leave but they do :p

Edit:

I dont thing it was ever meant for accuracy. More "holy F**k shoot over there, this might scare them away and our tanks busted were f**ked anyway" kinda weapon.
          SAVE OUR SPORT
          http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnglishman View Post
            yeah but such a powerful round in a tiny ickle gun..just seems a bit odd to me, as no shoulder stock would essentially mean that all rounds would have the accuracy of hip fired rounds.

but then again, im sure the american military had reasons for using them

because it's not like they've ever made a mistake in their armaments..apart from perhaps sticking with the M16. :p but i digress from the topic!
            if you look at the BIG screw at the front! it screws in to the hull of the bradley and then the opo looks through a periscope so there will be no recoil what so ever

Comment

5.56 doenst have THAT much recoil, in a CQB enviroment, or if some bugger got close to your tank its accurate enough
              |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

ANYWAY!

As for an airsoft one, mines is a G&P M16 VN metal body as to keep in with the MGS version which The Boss uses and a PDI patriot kit.

The PDI is threaded for a Mauri delta ring though so a bit of bodgery had do be done to secure the barrel enough but I got it in the end.
                SAVE OUR SPORT

Comment

its different but not sure about the bipod! bit bright :D

Comment

No stopping as well!
                    SAVE OUR SPORT

Comment

fair cop, just would've thought an MP7 would be a million times more effective :p and didn't notice the screw ring ting.

aah ta, i see a few of them about, but also confused because it must be said, they aren't in everyone's tastes.
                      Originally posted by sparrowhawk
                      Mas...sorry mate,i know you are young, but is English your first language?

Originally posted by jfox61
                      Erm.. wrong website for this sort of thing.

Comment

mp7s are like..... 10 times more expensive, ammo is more expensive, theres plenty of 5.56 kicking about

and i dont think the mp7 existed when the patriot was about

Comment

I guess its because every american troop should have a few 5.56 mags on them so ammo would be easy to get, and it works the exact same way as the guns they have trained to use so you dont need extra training for crews.

Just to save money, not to give the guys the best equipment. Come on now! we dont live in an ideal world, but then again, if we did.. we wouldnt need guns, and therefore no airsoft!!! Gulp!
                          SAVE OUR SPORT

Comment

Don't for get training, pretty much every US serviseman is trained on the AR and Berretta platforms. So if you go out and buy a load of P90's you then have to pay for training like how to clear a jam or failure to fire, maintenance etc.

As for the (not so) powerful round in a small stockless pistol (beacause that's basically what it is) argument it's not so bad when you see the cut down AKM's with no stocks that are used by some contractors.

Besides KAC have made the PDW now so it's all good
                            Gangsta lean, it's not all bad...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheEnglishman Find out more about TheEnglishman
                            Working...
                            X