Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rate of Fire: How fast is too fast?

Originally posted by midas View Post
    I have just finished building this Classic Army M41. I'm guessing it would be a tad to quick for most.

And with a little bit of fine tuning I would expect it to be over the 40 barrier.

To be fare it does seem very quick, even compared to my little CA mp5 that was 32. Still supprising what you can do with a torque motor.

If I want to slow it down I will simply use a smaller battery.
    Nice work there mate
    Torque is the key!. Many are fooled by "high speed motors" but they are the real limitations when getting to these speeds.
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

MIDAS,

something like that would be very cool with burst. VERY cool...

and anyway... i think jag answered the question with his first post lol

who's behind the trigger is key.
      Prepare for the worst, but expect the best.

Originally posted by Bezza806
      I always thought anime had to involve girls, tentacles and some sort of bondage.....?

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post
        I have just finished building this Classic Army M41. I'm guessing it would be a tad to quick for most.

http://www.youtube.com/user/midas303?feature=mhum

And with a little bit of fine tuning I would expect it to be over the 40 barrier.

To be fare it does seem very quick, even compared to my little CA mp5 that was 32. Still supprising what you can do with a torque motor.

If I want to slow it down I will simply use a smaller battery.
        What is this.... I don't even...

Comment

Originally posted by sniperjesus View Post
          Nice work there mate
          Torque is the key!. Many are fooled by "high speed motors" but they are the real limitations when getting to these speeds.
          Thank you. I may still further tinker. The wire for the fet is ICS and I havn't lightened the moving mass, so may change those.

I found the fet you recomended but they were out of stock and not replying to Emails. So stuck with the 14.8, mind you it is 40C 2650mAh.

So still a few things to improve upon.

As already stated by others, I think arround 25 - 30 is fast enough for skirmishing, but the thing I noticed about this gun is. If you use the trigger in the usual way you would for single shot, it sees 4 or so bb's heading in the intended direction. Certainly wouldn't use it at speed up close and unfriendly, flick to single for that really close stuff.

In all probability I will use a smaller battery to skirmish, an 11.1...
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

I never have been to much about my rate of fire allthough hearing my m4 on a 8.4v and being amazed by it's rate of fire. I must increase it to a 9.6v and maybe more :D
            Originally posted by murta369
            in soviet russia you remove the plastic from the paint.

Comment

Well, I never was bothered by RoF as I tend to use semi all the time... But today I hooked up a 2200mah 9.6v high discharge battery... And I swear it tripled the RoF on my JG Aug.

I WANT THAT ROF IN MY LIFE!

*Goes to order a big 9.6v battery*

Edit - Just to add... Usually a slowish pull of the trigger gives me a "double tap", the same length pull sent 5 or 6 rounds down the firing range... It was mental.
              The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Too fast is when your guns internals are upgraded to the maximum so your springs start snapping inside the gun.

Comment

Sorry to reserect, but been tweeking again. New piston with mods. Back to the slower motor.

Gun tech.

Comment

So... How fast does that empty one of your mags?

Comment

mid cap 120-130 rounds if feeds - 3 and a bit seconds

Comment

Just did a video my my MP5 and slowed a 1 second clip down by 8 sec's and got 20 RPS. Not bad for 9.6v 13:1 gears and a bog standard EG1000.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
                        A brain?
                        Originally posted by snuff
                        Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

O.o
                          3 seconds?
                          Wow. How many mags do you carry?!
                          But from a tech's perspective, that's a seriously impressive rof :D
                          Last edited by Cerbo Knight; 21 December, 2010, 19:13. Reason: Typo's

Comment

Usually I carry 8 spares and one in the gun. With that I refill as often as I can every three or four mags if possible. As I've said befor if you are busy you can be seen changing mags like a juggler on steroids.....Or as I pinched from someone else.....Like a tramp on chips!

It's all entertaining and to be fare would just use a smaller battery for skirmishing like a decent size 11.1...lol...

EG1000's are ok for what they are, so are the Classic Army Blue high torque motors...Both are ok on 11.1's.
                            Gun tech.

Comment

a vulcan minigun's ROF is too low for me. i would suggest one of those box guns, the ones that fire 16000 rounds per second.

each to his own, the higher the ROF the higher the stress on ya components. same with power, an AEG can do 500 FPS no worries, for about 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by ninjasam View Post
                                a vulcan minigun's ROF is too low for me. i would suggest one of those box guns, the ones that fire 16000 rounds per second.

each to his own, the higher the ROF the higher the stress on ya components. same with power, an AEG can do 500 FPS no worries, for about 5 minutes.
                                If you have no idea what you are doing your probably right....

Just glad there are decent techies who do know how to build gear boxes properly.

We had one running not long ago well over 500fps at 30 rps. That was befor locking to semi only, just as just a test to see how it was put together.
                                Gun tech.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boltrig Find out more about Boltrig
                                Working...
                                X