This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dis-arming while in combat

m9 knife and or pistol tap the gun and roll round the corner ready to fire or say bang

Comment

If he grabbed your gun then that is out of order, but if he pushed it out of the way and fired first, IMO his reactions are quicker than yours and he wins. How ever if you are going to lace some one up from that distance, on either side is pretty out of order and the bang rule should apply.
      Though in all fairness, both of you could declare dead and call it a draw.
      sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Midas and superprooperator have it spot on.

I myself have personally done the ol barrel grab shot to chest. Almost always to great effect and great laugh.

Someone stuck a silencer around a corner, I was at the corner - grabbed it and shot him with a single shot to the chest. He loved it, laughed, took the hit, walked away in disbelief.

Another occasion at the mall, I did it again to a guy - I cant remember if I pulled the trigger or not, but the chap seemed stunned and didnt quite know what to do.. When he had a pistol to his chest point blank - what are you meant to do? He took it while being shocked.

I would love it to be done to me, and would see it as a personal vendetta to get them back.

I cant see the negative points in it, sure it might not be nice to have someone grab your stuff, but I also wouldnt like to be drilled point blank by someone who craps themselves. It has happened and if I have a chance to stop it - I will!

When I say grabbed - just to make sure it doesnt sound too aggressive - I always simply palm it out the way at speed while gettin up closer without aggression.

Comment

Originally posted by cracking day

You all want realism yet dont actually want it!
          i think there's a limit to how realistic something can get before people start getting hurt. im not saying pushing someones barrel out the way is definately going to end up with someone injured but yo do it to the wrong person and all hell will break loose...

at the end of the day, do it if you want to risk it but im not going to be barrel grabbing anytime soon. i had the perfect opportunity to do it last weekend.. but did i, no. it didnt even cross my mind to grab another persons gun, i just walked out and took it because i didnt particularly want shooting from that range..
          Prepare for the worst, but expect the best.

Originally posted by Bezza806
          I always thought anime had to involve girls, tentacles and some sort of bondage.....?

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy
            theres a difference between realism and untrained foolish dangerous behaviour

grabbing a barrel of a gun and yanking it? no thats not realism thats ridiculous.
            I dont think hes talking about grabbing the gun off of them just when they come round the corner if the barell comes through the door first simply pushing it away and either getting a knife kill or drawing your pistol and shooting its happend to me before all fair in my books

Comment

Originally posted by robharris21 View Post
              barrel grabbing
              Not grabbing the barell just pushing it with your palm before he turns around into the doorway and that barell is a few inches from your face

Comment

Originally posted by Relentless_chaos95 View Post
                Not grabbing the barell just pushing it with your palm before he turns around into the doorway and that barell is a few inches from your face
                Happened to me. I snook behind and got three pistol kills on a group of lads. Ran up with my gbb pdw and saw there was four. I pointed and said surrender. He grabbed my gun by the barrel and pulled it out my hand, I drew me pistol and got him several times. In the meantime he lifted his m4 and full autoed me from pointing at the floor unto across my legs to the ceiling going across my kegs arm and chest. Even though the entire site was semi only. After that u retrieved my gun from his hand and just walked to the safe zone. Decided to chill with a cup of tea for the rest of the game. Didn't wanna go out angry on a hunt!!!
                im not saying he was, was referring to an earlier post... (which is now quoted above)

I always thought anime had to involve girls, tentacles and some sort of bondage.....?

Comment

The gun grab incident is totally wrong but so would sparking someone out be, sites have marshals for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by cracking day View Post
                    The gun grab incident is totally wrong but so would sparking someone out be, sites have marshals for a reason.
                    correct, still im not going to do any barrel "palming" either each to there own, im not willing to argue about it...

Comment

Sorry i hadnt seen that, yes that is very out of order on a walk on but tbh i wouldent care if that happend to me on a milsim, All im trying to say is i see nothing wrong with pushing somones barell with the palm of your hand away from you as they walk around a corner, and i think that is what cracking day is trying to get across

Comment

you wouldnt get the ar$ehole if someone kicked your bfg back at you......

anyway if you dont like people getting close enough so that they could deflect your barrel off target...then dont "play" CQB....

its all part of the game...getting laced up at point blank by some spooked noob for example....but violence or abuse should not be
                        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I notice no-one has addressed the idea of damage to someones gun? Fair play you're not doing it intentionally (I hope), but accident happen. If you palm it into the wall and scratch/gouge my gun barrel/silencer, then what? That's fine is it?

If someone grabbed or otherwise manhandled my kit I'd be rather angry. Then again maybe that's only because I have expensive kit eh? May the lord damn my eyes for daring to spend more money...
                          AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

If you "palm" someones gun into a wall by accident or on purpose then its not really classified as a "palm" and if your gun did go into the wall it wouldent be near enough force to break anything (if it was a "palm") and yes you may scratch your barell but.. does it matter?

Comment

the only way you are going to prevent any damage to your rifs is to keep them boxed....i would be very surprised if anyone could keep a skirmished gun in mint condition
                              VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Yes, because it is an item of worth and I didn't do it myself. I'm surprised you needed to ask that....

And I happily accept that when I skirmish I may do damage to my own kit myself. But what I will no accept is that others will wilfully act in a way which may damage my kit.
                                AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Montesa77 I've got a book out if you want to read it. It's called 'Life In A Bin' Find out more about Montesa77
                                Working...
                                X