X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hiding kit from the folks....

Originally posted by brewer17 View Post
    Quality.

I dont live with me Ma, but when a new gun comes through the door (addressed to me) the wife is sat there playing with it.
    Thats because she has to teach you what to do. :D

Nobody really complains in my house, but the missis does look at me like i'm 10 years old when i get them out or talk about them.

Comment

Originally posted by savill9 View Post
      Thats because she has to teach you what to do. :D

Nobody really complains in my house, but the missis does look at me like i'm 10 years old when i get them out or talk about them.
      Sav you still hide stuff from Sam cos your scared of her!

Comment

Re: Hiding kit from the folks...

I have to say I am very lucky.

First I dont live with my parents so I dont have that issue.

My dad is a farm worker so shotguns have been a part of my life since year dot. Secondly I had the pleasure of living in Lulworth and knowing a lot of army families which gave me accesss to the ranges and lots of much more exciting weapons to play with.

As far as Airsoft guns my wife is very understanding and generally doesnt say much about the amount of guns I have. She does now refer to our spare room as the armoury possibly something to do with the gun rack I think

I do see a fair amount of very worried parents which is understandable when you take into consideration that "little Johnny" is just about to go into the woods with lots of scary blokes with guns and get shot! and they are paying for this, all good fun.
        Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
        Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
        Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

mine was 'if they asked, i'd tell' :P

Comment

Meh, my mum doesn't seem to care at all, it's my money to spend and I've worked hard every week for it. My stepdad wants to go softing with me, and my girlfriend doesn't really care too much. She was more pissed when a box full of MP5's arrived at the door and I hadn't told her about airsofting.
            Signature Removed

Comment

Originally posted by brewer17 View Post
              Sav you still hide stuff from Sam cos your scared of her!
              Wouldn't you be! Even the BB's are scared of her, i shoot her and the BB's go in the opposite direction.

Comment

My mum jumps on any band wagon that goes past. She calls me and my airsofting friends weirdos for running around in the woods skirmishing and yet she wants to try paintballing. I live with my dad who doesn't really care about how many guns I have, I just get the occasional "So what's your overdraft at?" He likes to see them but is a bit scared to even touch them. When I got my Kimber (a christmas present from him) I held it towards him by the barrel and offered for him to hold it, no magazine in, and he said "I don't want it going off by accident." I just smiled. The girlfriend doesn't mind the guns, she wants to try out airsofting, as Lara Croft , it's just the money they cost that bothers her a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by savill9 View Post
                  Wouldn't you be! Even the BB's are scared of her, i shoot her and the BB's go in the opposite direction.
                  Im going to show her this! Your in the shit now.

Comment

Although I don't live with my parents I do take my guns round there to utilise their rather long garden. My dad is always peering over my shoulder clearly like a school boy wanting a go and my mums just shakes her head and says I should have been in the Army.
                    On the GF front. I have to admit I may have told 1 or2 small fibs about how much something actually cost but for the most part she doesn't care. All I get is texts at work saying "Another package has arrived for you."
                    My 4 year old daughter on the other hand is very straight line and whenever I have them out she says "NO DAD!!! Put the gun down!!! Mum My dads Naughty!" lol bless em.

The Unit-13 Vipers are Recruiting
                    Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Uni...92968847384478
                    UK Airsoft Wiki Moderator

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mattman1991 loves guns :) girls :) and cider :D Find out more about Mattman1991
                    Working...
                    X