Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best AEG Brand

Originally posted by BillyWu View Post
    My recommendation would be Tokyo Marui. They may have ABS plastic externals, but they're built EXTREMELY well and will last you for a very long time. Also, most upgrades are based off of the TM models, so the upgrades usually always fit.
    Billy, have you actually every bought any other brand apart from TM (not counting cheapsoft). Your entire armoury is TM, so really are you in a position to comment on whether they're the best brand or not? Even if they're your favourite brand, surely a lack of experience in other brands precludes an accurate assessment :p

FWIW I've owned the following brands; ICS, TM, CA, G&G, VFC, G&P, Maruzen. I'd rate as follows

1) G&P
    2) VFC
    3) CA
    4) G&G

I'm not saying I'm right, just that after personal experience of trying several brands, those are the ones I prefer. I've no experience of Systema, but they are both highly thought of and rubished in equal numbers.
    WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

Originally posted by Fizzy View Post
      Good idea, but the thing is, there's no real answer, it's only a matter of opinion. For every one person that says 'brand x' is the best there's one that says they had nothing but problems with 'brand x' and at the end of the day, it's all down to what YOU want from your AEG, in terms of budget, reliability, upgradeability, ease of use, etc. For example, TMs have always been reliable for me, but I like my metal bodies, so would I buy another TM, unlikely? So, simply put, what's the best AEG brand, it's the one YOU like best
      Couldn't agree more and well put
      WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

Well just my two cents for anyone who's really interested (i'm quite bored)...

Having owned close to 100 AEGs and countless pistols, i'd say that from first hand experience, the safest bets to go for would be TM, G&P and CA. All three of these brands i have found to be VERY reliable, in terms of how long they last without needing any sorts of repair and how they perform under prelonged firing. I would personally choose CA and G&P over TM purely because i prefer my guns to be metal, for realism reasons, and TM stock guns usually fire under 300 FPS out of the box new (brand new stock TM guns usually kick out around 280 FPS, however i have seen some do a little higher). However, saying this, TM guns are very easy to upgrade and perform awesomely with fantastic range and power once a bit of upgrading time and money has been put into them. They are good solid stock guns though, you wont find another make apart from the other two mentioned that will last as long.

A stock G&P gun is unrivaled by any other stock make from my experiences, so if you have the money go for one of them. The bodies on their armalites are also phenominal. VFC are also a brilliant, but again expensive, make, but their AK range is the nicest i've ever seen and used.

If you want to go for a gun that wont destroy your bank balance, and you're a first time buyer and want something reliable and cheap, then you'd probably want a JG, usually all plastic, with unmarked bodies, but very reliable, however may need a little bit of tampering with to get it up to par with the major brands of top quality AEG (ie a spring change and a little tightening of a few screws here and there), but once working these are brilliant value for money guns.

ICS have always let me down, having owned 4 (MP5s and M4s) only one of them has actually wokred without fault. I wouldn't touch another ICS gun with a barge pole, the metal is of poor quality and so are the internals i've found, they cannot cope with prelonged fire easily...but then i'm sure many of you on here are bound to disagree... i only talk about what i've experience personally.

Like fizzy says, it's pretty much down to personal taste, but i strongly reccommend TM< CA or G&P if you have the cash, if not then go for a JG, they're a good safe bet.
        My Trader Feedback - http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...6065-Dan-Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Beast ASI View Post
          CA's avoid at all costs - The worst manufacturer of AEG you can buy right now.
          WHAT? CA are worth every penny you pay. They have rocksolid internals, most come with a highspeed motor as standard, they run at site friendly fps's, and are reliable as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by The Keeper of Secrets View Post
            WHAT? CA are worth every penny you pay. They have rocksolid internals, most come with a highspeed motor as standard, they run at site friendly fps's, and are reliable as f**k.
            Yes, TKOS, i lol'd as well...
            My Trader Feedback - http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...6065-Dan-Jones

Comment

Have to say, ive never had a bad experience with Classic Army, my only problem is thier prices are a tiny bit high. Tho i think that about everything
              G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
              RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

airsoftmaniac Find out more about airsoftmaniac
              Working...
              X