X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would be willing to help out?

Hey Guys,

I had a long look on Youtube and Vimeo, + other Youtube Site and haven't seen a single, decent Documentary about Airsoft.

So now I am asking myself, why isn't there one?

I mean with more laws coming intact every Year, and possibly 75% of the General Public thinking negative about Airsofters, i think it would be a very important step forward for the community.

I myself have played Airsoft, but I stopped, so I could afford all my new Camera Gear.
    I am a regular visitor on this forum and thought that I might still try to help the community.

So, I am thinking, that I could definitley make a documentary, showing what Airsoft really is, explaining and telling the Viewers that it is a hobby/sport and totally harmless (What many do not get!)

So, before i start to plan anything, I want to get a rough Idea of how many People would be willing to help out, by donating some money or have other Ideas to constribute to the Project.

Of course, I cannot sell an Airsoft Documentary, or send it to film festivals, so this is all in spare time.

The Documentary will be put up on Youtube and on Vimeo.

Of course, there will be treats for People who donate. The more you donate, the better things you get! :D

So, if you could please take your time to Answer the Poll, please do so!

Thank you very much!

Phil

Re: Who would be willing to help out?

There is one , I remember watching it

I think it was made in Australia (Had trench war fare in the video) Some one on here probably knows what im on about so hopefully they will post it :D
    Hate.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

Originally posted by gijohn2 View Post
      There is one , I remember watching it

I think it was made in Australia (Had trench war fare in the video) Some one on here probably knows what im on about so hopefully they will post it :D
      I only seen 3 which are like 6 minutes long.

I am talking about something the length of about 35-50 minutes.!

Comment

Firstly, where are these laws? Last one I recall would be the Violent Crime Reduction Act of 2006! You'd hope somebody who wanted to make a factual documentary would know their subject area?

Secondly, who is going to watch this video exactly? Joe Public does not just log onto youtube one day wondering what is airsoft. People in general fall into:

- Hate all forms of guns/war etc. These people won't be swayed by a Youtube video.
        - Have no particular opinion either way. Have no desire to play. Again a video does not help.
        - Vaguely interested, would look up it anyway.
        - Players

Unless this video is going to main stream distribution, it will make no difference. You'd be naive to think even if this did make it somewhere, most would just view it as some strange people running around thinking they soldiers.

Finally, where is this need for budget come from. I'm sure every thread you've done on this forum is after cash in some way or form. If you passionate about it, just make something. Looks like you have the equipment already. If not, stop trying to milk the community for your own ends.

(My answer is "no" by the way)

Comment

Airsoft is banned outright in Australia - so doubt it was there

Comment

thing is as its only going on youtube it seems a bit pointless to spend a lot of time, effort and money making it. There are thousands of youtube videos showing airsoft skirmishes, reviews etc. If people are interested in airsoft all they have to do is search.

If it was going on tv that would be a different matter. It would be bringing it to an audience who may not be already aware.

It's a good idea. But I would be surprised if many donate

EDIT - GOD DAMN IT JAG YOU BLOODY NINJA
            TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

I want one of these 'treats' and would willingly sell my house/car and pension funds to obtain a freebie!

Moviemaker...are you based in Nigeria and do you accept Western Union money transfer?

BTW: it was me who voted £250+ =D
              There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

I think it's a good idea mate , would need to look at all aspects of airsoft
                Could be very useful .

I suggest you come up with ideas and bring them forward - content wise.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                  Firstly, where are these laws? Last one I recall would be the Violent Crime Reduction Act of 2006! You'd hope somebody who wanted to make a factual documentary would know their subject area?

Secondly, who is going to watch this video exactly? Joe Public does not just log onto youtube one day wondering what is airsoft. People in general fall into:

- Hate all forms of guns/war etc. These people won't be swayed by a Youtube video.
                  - Have no particular opinion either way. Have no desire to play. Again a video does not help.
                  - Vaguely interested, would look up it anyway.
                  - Players

Unless this video is going to main stream distribution, it will make no difference. You'd be naive to think even if this did make it somewhere, most would just view it as some strange people running around thinking they soldiers.

Finally, where is this need for budget come from. I'm sure every thread you've done on this forum is after cash in some way or form. If you passionate about it, just make something. Looks like you have the equipment already. If not, stop trying to milk the community for your own ends.

(My answer is "no" by the way)

I indeed know about the Violent Crime Reduction Act and the laws would be a big area to cover!

The other thing you stated, I am "milking" the community for money, is the most absurd thing i heard.

You know how much time and effort goes into something like this?
                  I could be making something else, which is sellable, but i couldn't sell an Airsoft Documentary now, can I?

Why don't you try to make a Documentary, which will take you about 6-7 months from Start to Finish and then come back and tell me you didn't need any money at all!

Just to list some steps: Pre Production (Shot List, Travel, Travel Cost, Availability, Accomondation), Production (Gear, Expenses for Electricity, Insurance...), Post (Video Editing, Music scoring, Voice over...)

Now tell me, that this is a thing which requires no money at all.

I know that it is rather stupid to include options, like £250+ i totally see that, but i want to see what people might think!

Thank you

Comment

Now this may seem stupid...
                    But maybe zeroone would help out ?

All vids professionally done ( as I know yours are ) have sponsors .

Maybe approach z1

I think it's a great idea
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure you do, as you say:

Originally posted by MovieMaker View Post
                      I mean with more laws coming intact every Year...
                      There simply isn't. The last one was over 5 years ago. I say last, it is probably the only one - ever.

Everything you listed up there is simply time. You must have a local site that does not require you to open an expenses account? Asking for cash to fund a jolly around the country's airsoft sites, and gear you already have, seems a little....odd?

The airsoft community is full of people who give up their own time for little or no reward. Just look around the technical section, or at some of the organisations that have been set up to protect the hobby. I know people who marshal or help create sites for little more than a burger for their troubles.

Instead of trying to rattle the tin for some community funded PR exercise, why not approach one of the more quirky TV channels. See if they'll commission you to make a piece?

Comment

I think it's a great idea if you really push it to be something more. Use it to help raise awareness of what airsoft really is to people who are not aware. I'm not 100% sure of how to do so. Perhaps writing to news stations and tell them what you're planning and if they're interested.

Sometimes stories about unusual sports make an appearance. Perhaps someone would feature the documentary on a news website.

I'm sure alot of people would happily feature in the documentary and talk about what airsoft means to them. I can't make a financial contribution but I'd certainly give up a bit of time to feature in it, especially if it helps the community.

Perhaps Airsoft International magazine would be worth contacting!
                        Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                        I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf View Post
                          Now this may seem stupid...
                          But maybe zeroone would help out ?

All vids professionally done ( as I know yours are ) have sponsors .

Maybe approach z1

I think it's a great idea

Hey,

I will get in contact with Z1 sometime. Good idea and thanks for the positive input!

Roxy: Thanks for more Input. I will start to plan in my spare time, so i see if i can come up with a structure.
                          I would interview people to get there thoughts as well.

I am still in another Production, but i will start working on this and i will contact News websites and definitley Airsoft International.

Thanks!

Comment

There are lots of tv companys that would love to snap up a ready made product like channel 4, BBC etc(They sadly dont like taking on projects that have not been made, they are wan*ers like that lol). I think a well made docu would be a good thing if done correctly.
                            Airsoft Social - Founder

Comment

i see you saying you couldnt get it published, but i dont see why not, have you not watched some of the "documentarys" on tele at the moment, they are about a massive load of shit.

i think you need to specify more what the money would go to, apart from just knowing you made one. because if its just going on youtube then the quality isnt going to be brilliant anyway, so whats to stop me telling people about airsoft and the likes on a handy cam?

dont get me wrong im not saying its a bad idea, it could be pretty cool, but for the sake of youtube sounds pretty pointless people go on there to watch dogs bark and babies laugh....

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MovieMaker Find out more about MovieMaker
                              Working...
                              X