This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who would be willing to help out?

I think a good angle would be exploring the diversity of airsoft. the different sites and the different people. Show that the people who take part are normal people in normal jobs with families.
    Explore the discipline it involves but also explore why people have an issue with it.
    Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
    I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

Movie maker I have a little idea you could maybe do pm me and I'll reply in morning :-)
      sigpic

Comment

Well, I have been toying with the Idea of starting the Day with an Airsofter at Breakfast and goin with him the whole day!

Comment

Right.

Remember airsoft in the UK bares too much resemblence to real firearms

thats because we are a stupid nation..well ..okay..yes we are.

airsoft will NEVER....NEVER! be shown in a good light its impossible, only way it will be shown in good light is when its banned.

some simple reasons why.

1. Resemblance to real firearms, paintball is left alone..why? well its obvious
          2.Government resort to airsoft to calm the anti gun groups down
          3. Mothers against guns
          4. misinformed news i.e REPLICA USED TO ROB BANK! DERPY ETC ETC

Airsoft in the UK is growing, its obvious, but at this rate, either its going to be banned out right or we all have two tone guns.

the whole two tone thing was a rushed effort to save airsoft...the loop holes tell the story.

I think its best to leave airsoft alone and just play it..keep it quiet keep it simple.

The only tiny bit of hope we have in making airsoft acceptable in the UK, is getting the police and military in on it, they are huge influences, if they get news reporters n camera crews filming them training, talking about airsoft, actually knowing what they are talking about..then maybe...just maybe airsoft will be accepted into our culture properly.

Comment

lmao scoutthedog wouldn't be impressed if you told him his hd videos were crap, on a positive note have you searched phantom 6mm? He's made a documentary about hunteering (hardcore sniping) 1hr 35mins and its great. If i'd have been nieve enough to only read this post i could of gave you a location two full teams and a hell of alot of contacts that would help out but since reading your other posts trying to prize away our cold hard cash i CBA with this. To be honest you need someone to pitch your ideas in a more subtle way, scrap what you think you know about raising funds and perhaps ask people if they know of a way rather than blatently asking people. I was in a similar boat when setting up my RC race track I asked a few of the local businesses, family, friends and in know time at all it was all delivered at our local hall.

As for us forum people (no offence) what are you supposed to be better than us because you can point a camera at something

Comment

I think people may be getting a wee bit angry for no real reason. The question was would people be willing to donate? Not can I have some of your money? The difference is subtle but it's there. It was a blunt survey to see if people would fund the project...I mean there was even an option for "I won't give money but I will give ideas". Chill out folks!
              Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
              I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

Originally posted by billybob9351 View Post
                lmao scoutthedog wouldn't be impressed if you told him his hd videos were crap, on a positive note have you searched phantom 6mm? He's made a documentary about hunteering (hardcore sniping) 1hr 35mins and its great. If i'd have been nieve enough to only read this post i could of gave you a location two full teams and a hell of alot of contacts that would help out but since reading your other posts trying to prize away our cold hard cash i CBA with this. To be honest you need someone to pitch your ideas in a more subtle way, scrap what you think you know about raising funds and perhaps ask people if they know of a way rather than blatently asking people. I was in a similar boat when setting up my RC race track I asked a few of the local businesses, family, friends and in know time at all it was all delivered at our local hall.

As for us forum people (no offence) what are you supposed to be better than us because you can point a camera at something
                First of all, tell me: When did i say his Videos were crap? I really like his Videos, and thats why I will be contacting him in the future.

I know of a person I would never put in front of the camera, and that is you, due to your ignorance.

Also, i never said, that I was any better than the other forum guys? Think of it, if i think that I would be better, i wouldnt even be of this forum.

So, a post full of BS and made up comments. Perfect. Have a nice evening fella!

Roxy: Thats exactly what I am trying to say. I was testing the waters to see if some people would help out, either by giving money or by suggesting great Ideas (Savaged Wolf).

Thanks Roxy and all the others who give some constructive feedback and try to help out with great ideas!

Comment

I agree with Roxy, it wasnt demand, it was a would you be willing, the answer is really no, not without some form of collateral but thats by the by.
                  @Lt Purcy, 2tone wasnt brought about to save airsoft, 2tone was a money making 'scam' hitting on the loopholes in the law to make skirmishable weapons available to all without UKARA, they were when first released also only advertised as backyard plinkers. With an attitude of 'Airsoft will never be shown in a good light' I think is what would slow the sport down, if a documentry was done in the right way with the right attitude it could show all these haters that its not a bad sport, in fact it teaches more about ethics and fair play than football does (just look at footage of players diving to obtain a win), the main issue is getting it through in the right light.
                  section 24 of the 1968 Act
                  Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                  1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                  2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I will be off to bed now, so if this is exploded with flaming and all the "you are milking th ecommunity for money" and " I am prince charming from nigeria" crap, I will ask a mod to close this until I am further in the planning and have recieved some answers from tv channels!

Thanks,

Comment

A breakthrough would be a panorama episode or something to be honest

Comment

Originally posted by MovieMaker View Post
                        I will be off to bed now, so if this is exploded with flaming and all the "you are milking th ecommunity for money" and " I am prince charming from nigeria" crap, I will ask a mod to close this until I am further in the planning and have recieved some answers from tv channels!

Thanks,
                        I do think some people have blown this up from a question and a good idea to 'you teh wurst interwebz scammerz goin', I stand by with what Iv said, I think its a good idea and with the right backing from genuine scources it would be good, but I unfortunately am not willing to part with cash on the off chance it gets seen on youtube.
                        I will however be more than happy to put more ideas your way (other than channels to speak to etc) and reccomend sites, including my home site who uses it as a training tool for the RM before they go out on Optag, they can do live fire in a FIBUA/CQB environment and know they are hitting the target or even being hit back.
                        So the military are starting to use this as a training tool, theres one hurdle overcome as it is being recognised by the MOD.
                        section 24 of the 1968 Act
                        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

To be honest i would not donate anything,

I cant see making a film about airsoft costing anything but time. So i guss your asking people to pay for time. Which i dont think would happen.
                          Dont Eat What You Cant Fry

Comment

Just to add . i didnt read the rest of the posts before typing my reply. So i just dont want you to think i was having a pop at you.

Its a good idea just i wouldnt donate and i cant see others donating either. Buts its a good idea to start your career off with . then after making a good job of it , maybe it could be used in your CV.

That being said im sure others like myself would donate time to help or maybe have a word with their local sites to let you on site for free to film.
                            Dont Eat What You Cant Fry

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                              including my home site who uses it as a training tool for the RM before they go out on Optag,
                              And what a damn fine site it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCRVWOqH7jA

Comment

Originally posted by gijohn2 View Post
                                There is one , I remember watching it

I think it was made in Australia (Had trench war fare in the video) Some one on here probably knows what im on about so hopefully they will post it :D
                                It was a news article about Airsoft in New Zealand.
                                Trader Feedback.
                                http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
                                http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MovieMaker Find out more about MovieMaker
                                Working...
                                X