Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New piston anybody?

Originally posted by richardy View Post
    All of the pistons on the market will do a perfectly good job in your gun.
    Not true! I'm never using Systema Energy pistons again after having two strip and crumble on me in very quick succession!

Review;

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=94319

Comment

Originally posted by KaRcop View Post
      Not true! I'm never using Systema Energy pistons again after having two strip and crumble on me in very quick succession!

Review;

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=94319

SystemA Pistons were never any good, evn though they might like to insist otherwise, I didn't think they would really bother improving on the old materials. They would much rather focus on less important things.

The Azimuth/SHS/Storm ect.. piston, IIRC retailers were throwing out a similar video to make these sell a while ago, whilst they were good, some saw through the hammer and knew that it wouldn't be the ultimate piston, and sure enough, it wasn't. What we ask of these parts is a damn site more than a small tap from a claw hammer.
      I would laugh if someone replied with a video of the same Piston being smacked with a sledge hammer after being in the freezer overnight then we will see some reality!
      dsgdreamteam

Comment

tm vs that one posted up top

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1u-4...eature=related
        you may be a king or a lowly street sweeper , sooner or later you all dance with the reaper

Originally posted by Barlow

alcohol + man up + lowered amibitions = lots of sex^2 = ex-who?

Comment

Funny that, it's different under conditions in which it was designed for.
          I'm tempted to take a hammer to my Storm Piston right now, and i'm not in a good mood to say the least, so there will be no silly tapping going on :D
          dsgdreamteam

Comment

i have one in my ics mp5 with a m120 motor on 11.1 and its done 5000 rounds with teeeenie tiny bit of wear
            you may be a king or a lowly street sweeper , sooner or later you all dance with the reaper

Comment

Oh it's a good Piston I'll give it that much, it survives where the ore brittle polycarbs don't, theres no denying that. I'm mainly talking from a destructive point of view and with Spring and cycle rates that others deal with better.
              dsgdreamteam

Comment

I had a Systema in my old CA M4. It had an M120 and managed to do 10,000 on a 9.6v 5000mah battery.

They are nutoriously bad and you should stay away from them. I'm quite suprised it lasted that many rounds. That being said though i had the clear element in another M4. And it lasted all of 20 rounds. Before the rear end ripped clean off. And that was only with a stock JG motor and 8.4v mini battery.

It's not how good the piston is. It's how well your gearbox is setup. The best piston you can buy will break if you have really bad shimming and not corrected the AOE and what not.

Comment

that may explain why i havent worn out the teeth on mine , no , short stroke , m100 , great shim job i spent a whole day getting it right , aoe corrected , at4 grease ,g&p m120 motor , 3200 mah 20c constant 35c burst lipo

Comment

From a general point of view, the SystemAs's are poor. There will always be 1 offs where you get a good one.

I had the same with a G&P Piston, they are terrible for ripping their back ends off, but I had and still have it somewhere that i pushed tens of thousands of rounds through it, I pushed it as high as 44rps and it still stayed in one piece! Nearly all other G&P Pistons even the new ones have bitten the dust in far less demanding setups. With many pistons, it's a combination of design and material flaws and QC to blame. Even with AoE corrected and the piston assembly kept in time they still give in that same area.

The SHS Piston puts it right where most others don't, but the limitations with the materials used are less beneficial in certain higher end builds.
                    Last edited by sj_asc; 18 February, 2011, 00:43. Reason: poor spelling
                    dsgdreamteam

Comment

Interesting you had similar results with the Element clear piston to me. I now for standard builds prefer the Orange Duracon reinforced piston or the SHS Supercore clone. Albeit both need work for high speed set ups, as do ALL other pistons you can buy.

BUT a good techie friend of mine is the other way round, he prefers the clear one over the Orange.

I refuse to buy TM mainly due to all the hype of they are the best thing since sliced bread....Well hello no they are not.

They are generally a good dependable starting point for people. You can use them straight out of the box and know they are going to work. As you get more experiance you will more than likely want to upgrade the plastic body, so you may as well have bought a gun with a metal body to start with. Then upgraded the internals.

Not talking about the newer models here. But they are the same, much better after upgrading.
                      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post
                        I refuse to buy TM mainly due to all the hype of they are the best thing since sliced bread....Well hello no they are not.

They are generally a good dependable starting point for people. You can use them straight out of the box and know they are going to work. As you get more experiance you will more than likely want to upgrade the plastic body, so you may as well have bought a gun with a metal body to start with. Then upgraded the internals.

Not talking about the newer models here. But they are the same, much better after upgrading.
                        What most dont get is that TM is a good base, and although on the face of it you get more with other brands you find in the long run less complications when upgrading..

Open up a JG and all i wanna do is puke.. you change one thing you might as well change them all, same goes with a lot of other brands .. any tech will tell you its often a can of worms...

Simple things breaking on other brands which shouldnt break.. and when it comes to repalcing them its a ball ache as they have drifted from tms specs

And for the most part all aftermarket parts are made for tm guns.

Sure you can buy any gun you like, the reason people blindly say TM is that for most people the assembly / disembly is documented. The parts dont thread or break on dismantaling, any parts you buy will almost certainly fit..

What your buying is confidence in your purchase.. So why oh why shouldnt tm be recommended first then at there own risk people can buy any other products they wish..

When i get tms in its a joy to work on them, any other brand well ... its hit or miss..

Comment

Rich, yes I was forgetting other makes such as ICS mainly as I don't buy those either...lol...Due to the miss match of parts.

I generally go for the TM compatable makes as it does make things easier all round. So while I do not directly buy their products I am happy for them to have established a standard.

What I find really strange is over in the USA they think the sun shines out of JG. Putting loads of JG parts ahead of ANY other brands. CA are said to be rubbish. They think Guarder parts are the same. SHS are brilliant. Element are good.

Then they buy from the big USA shops and some in China and Japan. Bravo and Lonex, Matrix.
                          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Like i say its not about which is best its which is the most avaiable, its easier for them to get china products, and harder to import japanese products, also trade marks are an issue, marking TM guns with there genuine trades difficult and not to mention expensive to import, and thats really all the american market boils down too, thousands of kids with there pocket moneys.

I hate to be all snobbish but they play a different game in states.. There gear tends to be basic as does there guns, its hi caps galore. Alot of the so called american brands are simply rebranded china guns.

I think i read an article in ai a while back where loads of uk guys went to the states for a game and there was massive divide / difference in style of play between the british airsofters and the uk airsofters.

Just becuase the us market is the loudest doesnt make it the best. Japan is still the home of airsoft.

I mean half of them get there guns from walmart.. thats like buying a gun from tescos and saying its the best becuase they brought it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

North West Outpost Find out more about North West Outpost
                            Working...
                            X