• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amphibious assault

any amount of water can cause a dead short at any voltage

Comment

I don't even like to take my AEG's out if its raining.

you could do fake beech landings by building plywood boats around old pickups, and having someone reverse them to the fake beachhead.

I always wanted to play the ambush game using the old Troop trucks.

Comment

While that its true, im talking more about airsoft puropses in where the distance the electricity would have to travel ie the space between the trigger contacts (2-3mm) is too large for the electricity to conduct through water. As in if you submerged the gun would it fire etc.

Anyway back on the OP subject, id be more aware of sand as stuff getting into my AEG/GBB if playing on a beach.

Comment

Would be amazing But Knowing myself i would fall in , And even though i have taken a lifeguard course and stuff i wouldnt like to swim with full combat gear on. Cant see how insurance would be a problem in sweden they have games with ex army tanks running up and down tracks , You get squads and a lad with a mock up LAW or At4 With a A massive laser in it like laser tag aim it at the turret and it dissables the tank. Anyways If insurance covers getting ran over by a tank im sure you could take a ride in a boat. If someone organises somthing i woulnt mind paying to join in

Comment

Hmmm I don't see it working.... awesome idea though. You'd have to have the size of a small army on either team for it to be worth it, i think.

Comment

Indeed, maybe if ground zero was based at the beach :P you could have all of the weekender players (in excess of 1,100) join in :P im sure 600 attacking and 500 defending would be one hellagame.

If only...
              TM M4A1 (With RIS Grip, Kings arm laser, G&P flashlight and ACOG 4x36 scope), JG VSR 10, KWC glock 17. Full british DDPM loadout.

Comment

The game that Stirling had planned was one of the combat missions they run. These games have small numbers and i seem to remember the 'Amphibious Landing' game was going to be the 100 mark, the story being a foreign power had taken control of a small ex pat colony, and the Marines were being sent in. The Marines were outnumbered, and the occupying force were not aware of the landing point, or, the time of landing.
                As such, the marines were tasked with re taking the island.
                Numbers would, i feel, all depend on the type of game played, and you would not necessarily need to be high.
                Ratty
                Trader Feedback.
                http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
                http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Comment

Originally posted by ratty1968 View Post
                  Numbers would, i feel, all depend on the type of game played, and you would not necessarily need to be high.
                  Ratty
                  You're right yes, but i was just going by the amount of D-Day type games mentioned up there ^

Small covert missions that landed by RIB's would be very interesting indeed!

Comment

bullswood skirmish, majority of paintball tho, have a d-day game
                    and u start in a wooden boat and have to get out and assault the beach defended by the "germans"
                    not sure how much airsofting they have there tho
                    this is my rifle,there are many like it, but this one is mine, without my rifle i am nothing, without me my rifle is nothing

Comment

will be doing a beach assault in October

Comment

Originally posted by segregation View Post
                        bullswood skirmish, majority of paintball tho, have a d-day game
                        and u start in a wooden boat and have to get out and assault the beach defended by the "germans"
                        not sure how much airsofting they have there tho

Heh! We go there every month. Along with UWG

Pretty awesome site as it's kept well away from the paintballing.

Comment

where?!

Comment

part of my public services course

at jersey camp we do a beach assault

Comment

While I agree that it would be a freaking awesome thing to take part in, I don't think RIBs would be the best thing to do it in. When I was in secondary school I did my work experience at Marchwood Military Port and had a ride in a Rigid Raider, not only did I get completely drenched, but I also very nearly fell out into the Solent when we hit a particularly large wave (luckily I fell in towards the boat and not over the side). If you're going to do it, you'll probably want something like the LCVP (which I also got a ride in, and got to drive. It was fun )

Comment

Gawd bloody blimey, your have us jumping out of airplanes next.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jtrent90 Find out more about jtrent90
                                Working...
                                X