Amphibious assault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amphibious assault

I know that my local site here in Guernsey, was trying to get permission to use one of the beaches over on the island of Herm. This was a few good years ago. It was a great idea tho. Basically one half of the island was going to become an airsoft site. One team defending the other team I belive was going to start from Guernsey on Ribs and attacking the island.
    TM MC-51 (Full Systema Energy gearbox and all the other internal fo shizzal)
    Star AW-338 Sniper Rifle
    Maruzen APS Type 96
    TM P226, Tac Master .
    WE SCAR + VFC UGL
    KSC GBB MP7, KSC USP .45 XM survive

Comment

Pfft, the choice is clear, use vehicles to simulate the ribs or landing craft.... I'm pretty sure its something the british army already do... fill up a lorry (or perhaps pickup, transit van, etc, etc) stick it in reverse, and back it up quickly to the beach, island, whatever... everybody jumps out when it stops. It would either be a pickup, which could be used for infill and exfill, or a bigger vehicle, for a big landing craft...

You could treat roads as rivers, or something similar, depending on your site.
      I know its not as fun as messing about in boats, but probably more practical, and within the reach of many outdoor sites, and enthusiastic individuals with transits, pickups, and those few with army lorries.

Thinking about this a bit more, perhaps a few transit vans could be used to simulate a helicopter assault! with different LZ's and door gunners!

Comment

If you have a slow flowing river or stream (one that is only a few feet deep) then try a bit of river assualt stuff with GBB's on you and your AEG's at the landing point, crouch down in the water to make in difficult to manouver and try to get to your AEG's while under fire.

I plan to go down to my local river and do some test to see how my TM GBB's holds up in the wet.

'FireKnife'
        68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
        Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by bigdave196 View Post
          While I agree that it would be a freaking awesome thing to take part in, I don't think RIBs would be the best thing to do it in. When I was in secondary school I did my work experience at Marchwood Military Port and had a ride in a Rigid Raider, not only did I get completely drenched, but I also very nearly fell out into the Solent when we hit a particularly large wave (luckily I fell in towards the boat and not over the side). If you're going to do it, you'll probably want something like the LCVP (which I also got a ride in, and got to drive. It was fun )
          This is totally off subject (sorry guys) but I did my work experience at Marchwood Military Port too. Was some years back now but I loved it!

Comment

Its not going to happen, too much health + safety issues.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jtrent90 Find out more about jtrent90
            Working...
            X