Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weathering an Ak47

for metal bodys my man try scotchbrite and some elbow grease ,
    dont try to make it looked weathered just rub the body with the scothcbrite pad and let the pad pick what bits it weathers its self

pics of my m4 look on the raised bits and edges of the body kinda gone silvery

more pics on here post 232
    you may be a king or a lowly street sweeper , sooner or later you all dance with the reaper

Originally posted by Barlow

alcohol + man up + lowered amibitions = lots of sex^2 = ex-who?

Comment

I wouldnt go so far as using a sanding pad to achieve the weathered look to be honest, when I weathered an agm STG-44 I applied a small amount of nail varnish remover to the outside of a pair of marigolds then just handled the gun as I usually would ( removing the mag and replacing it, pulling the charging handle etc) this gave me an idea where the scratches etc should be, I then amplified the exposed areas a little with a kitchen scourer ( the metal sponge ones)

Then in the exposed plates I rubbed in some Phillips cold blue ( wear gloves! ) to darken the metal making it look both old and worn. Theres nothing worse than seeing a gun with picture perfect silver lines running up and down it
      see attatched.

The key to weathering succes is not to do it all at once!

hope that helps!
      Last edited by Yivo; 2 March, 2011, 21:50. Reason: wrong image

Comment

woops forgot image!

hope that helps

Comment

Agree with the lads, just use it a lot to wear it in as it will be a bitch to get it looking like you havent attacked it with sandpaper or similar....plus it will be more fun than hours of sanding.
          Western arms pistol parts needed please pm me
          Any Full Metal WA pistols? Sell me them!!

Comment

Not sure what make the receiver is but it's a grey paint over the metal which just isn't dark enough... So today it's getting sprayed up black and then rubbed with steel wool over the raised areas, hopefully il get the look I'm after! Luckily I've got a real steel ak47 (deact) to go off
            I'll post up some pics when I'm done!
            G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Pics of the Ak before spray job and weathering.....
              G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

And after, the finished product!

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                    Looks good!

Cheers mate, I'm happy with it

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mike581 Ex Forces Find out more about Mike581
                    Working...
                    X