Collapse

MBUS clone... Or not!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah they won't have come from the same factory! They'd have to have 2 different machines! Which would make no sense.

What most likely happens is that they stole/bribed someone to get the plans, and just made the same thing themselves.

They'll get away with charging extra for the mapul for a couple of reasons, 1. The name 2. The QA that goes into the products 3. The cost of R&D for them

Comment

Re: MBUS clone... Or not!?

The look good for the money its a tought one though good fakes or mint genuine second hand hhhmmmm

Comment

But for a fraction of the price of the real thing, this is a no brainer!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
          But for a fraction of the price of the real thing, this is a no brainer!!
          Agreed! These things aren't flimsy. You could sit there shooting them all day and I highly doubt they'd break!

Comment

i bought mine over 6 months ago,from the same aution site,i didnt buy from anybody,there are a lot of sellers out there,i did a bit of research,and in fact i bought from one of the cheapest.
            they came quick, well packaged, the box surprised me as it looks so original, my only thought on this is that in the youtube video, the man had them in seperate boxes,i dont know if magpul sells them in twin packs or not,which mine is.
            on the box it does not say PTS, well actually i suppose it does because it has "Professional Training & Simulation Division in small white lettering below where it says MAGPUL in larger red letters.
            underneath the box it has "WARNING: This product is designed for Training and Simulation use only" in small black lettering
            the items themselves are pefect for its purpuse, well made,sturdy,clicks down,springs up they fitted easily,they are not tight,the adjustments are accurate clicks, they are just great...there is only one problem...WATCH THE PINS, thanks to this thread i was just checking mine out and noticed that one of the pins had worked itself a third of the way out of its housing...it would eventually fall out causing the top half to launch itself.
            they have allen bolts with HUA stamped on them.which to me shouts chinese factory,and finally the sights do not say PTS in it...and it did not come with that little instruction booklet

all in all i would give these 95/100
            Last edited by sparrowhawk; 25 March, 2011, 10:13. Reason: spelling,adding something
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

When you say pins ? is that the part with the spring on ? if so can you not put lock tight on it so fix sold

Comment

they have two metal rods going through them,maybe if you put loctite on them,the sights will be unable to spring up or lock down. this must be an issue with the originals, because they come with a pack of spare rods(pins)

Comment

Yeah now that you say that Sparrowhawk that is a very good point. Being a teeny bit OCD I saw that mine had one side poking out more than the other and I was surprised at home easy it was to push the pin - it wasn't MEGA easy but I could imagine it moving.

I think it will be fine if you keep an eye on it but it's just a fact of the design. Because it's a moving part you can't really lock it in (I was considering super glue). The only thing to help this would be a little cap on each side that covers the pins and sits flush with the body.

That is the only issue, however, and it shouldn't really be an issue if you are aware of it. And it seems that it is an issue with the real version too... But still, I am very impressed!

Comment

when my son messes around with his playdoh,it get into all sorts of nooks and crannies,and then drys rock hard,and is a pita to get out....

Comment

Just swapped mine over to my pdw, and they don't rub on the rails at all! Very strange!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KaRcop I'm a pilot. Find out more about KaRcop
                      Working...
                      X