Sniper bb weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sniper bb weight

even though ther're not actual bullets using 0.43'2 is the better shot at accuract as long as you get the physics down ... windspeed -bb rifle FPS to bb drop

Comment

My 0.43's arrived today my god they are heavy.

I can imagine my fps dropping loads using these

Comment

I would definitely recommend a more powerful spring though if using .43's. Mine chrono'd at around 470fps with .2's so I'm losing quite a bit of power using them so I'll most likely pick up a 150 spring at some point when I start on a few internal upgrades.

Comment

Your not loosing power at all, just the speed the bb leaves the barrel is slower, the kinetic energy is higher with the heavier bb

My gun chrono'd on .43s, its roughly 480fps on .2s, look at the "Joules" in top left hand corner

Originally posted by Metalbody
          pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

I'm getting 484fps on 0.2's will be interesting to chrono on the 0.3's and the 0.43's

Comment

I've sorted out the range/accuracy now on my Warrior L96. pin point accurate up to around 30m if there's minimal wind on .43's, all stock parts.

Comment

The L96 barrell is beautiful for accuracy, what better is a strong spring and adjusted hop-up to!, power and velocity will cobat the wind stakes given the bb weight drop

Comment

Originally posted by Mattmeddings View Post
                  Hmmm im using .36 and my BAR-10 shoots between 500-505 fps. Would i get more range if i used .40's or .43's? i thought the heavier the BB the more accuracy but the loss of FPS would affect your range (-) Confused! :S (new to sniping as you can tell)

Have a read of this: http://mackila.com/airsoft/ATP/

Explains it all. I just read the conclusion and some of the introduction which is what I am interested in.

Basically:

bb's (anything really) loses speed because of air resistance.

Air resistance (or friction, same thing) increases equal to the velocity squared. This means that things that go faster experience very very much more friction. THIS means they slow down quicker. So all bb's arrive at their target (and medium+ ranges) at roughly the same time.

However heavier bb's will maintain their energy better - meaning they hit slightly harder, so your target is more likely to feel it.

HOWEVER - hop plays a large role in range. Heavier bb's are harder to hop - so if you aren't getting good range with heavier bb's try and lighter one.

Finally to get the most range you probably want to 'over hop' ie make it rise and fall to maximise range. Different people have different thoughts one this - some don't like having to aim low.

The good news is that heavier bb's have a flatter path (doesn't go up and down as much) as well as maintaining energy better.

This is the the theory (with a lot of testing to back it up) but really it comes down to testing with your gun to see whats best.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

b16jus Im me....... Find out more about b16jus
                  Working...
                  X