how back heavy is an l85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: how back heavy is an l85

Lol. sorry dont mean to put you off, but id seriously suggest holding one first, especially if you like the weight distribution on your G&P M4!

Comment

The rearward weight is to be able to keep it stable and sturdy

If you can manage the weight go to the gym

It's heavy as the real one is rear heavy it balances out when you shoulder it PROPERLY

if you've managed a m249 and m203 on an m4 mate, you'll easlily weild an sa80 all day long

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
        The rearward weight is to be able to keep it stable and sturdy

If you can manage the weight go to the gym

It's heavy as the real one is rear heavy it balances out when you shoulder it PROPERLY

if you've managed a m249 and m203 on an m4 mate, you'll easlily weild an sa80 all day long

Lol I use the gym thanks! Im not saying its too heavy, and when shouldered its fine.

But when doing things like reloading, and maybe jumping over a log with one hand og the log, it can be a very awkward beast to hold! I really didnt like it. It just felt like it was working against me, just from holding it!

Comment

Not blowing trumpets here or anything but its a good comparison.

ive humped around a real one for a week non on a exercise and found it manageable with its sling blallababa about 5kg of weight.

Ive oogled at fired had a small run around with the STAR and Army l85's and they dont feel no where near as weighty at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
            Lol I use the gym thanks! Im not saying its too heavy, and when shouldered its fine.

But when doing things like reloading, and maybe jumping over a log with one hand og the log, it can be a very awkward beast to hold! I really didnt like it. It just felt like it was working against me, just from holding it!

That's why you are taught to lift the rifle upwards when moving over obstacles and reloading to keep easy access to the mag well

the ics is the closest one to real steel weight fully loaded
            the star has the real trades etc,

The army is a nice feel but weak internals

The carbine is the same but just smaller,

Balbosa- best bet mate is to have a look at someone to see if you like the feel

Comment

Ah see I dont bother with all that, I just fling it around as best I can while I fly around the battlefield like a ninja!

Id go for the ICS, I was very surprised at the performance of my mates! Range was insane

Comment

i was actually looking at the star one i cant warrent 300 plus on an ics with all the compatibility probs =/

Comment

fair doos!

Comment

you ever heard anything or used the star one dude?

Comment

nah sorry! My mate who is in the TA got one so he could have something he was familiar with, and we swapped my M14 and his ICS L85 around to see what each others was like! I didnt like the feel of it at all, but it was very good on the range front!

Comment

hmm thats good what would you say ics or star?

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
                          ...STAR and Army l85's and they dont feel no where near as weighty at all.
                          Fairly certain the ARES is only 4oz short of the real thing.

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
                            hmm thats good what would you say ics or star?
                            Do you plan on putting a DD rail on in place of the standard handguard?

If not id happily say ICS all day long.
                            Just rewired mine to 16awg silicone and 3.5mm bullet connectors and with a 3300mah 7.4v lipo in its got a great fire rate.
                            Last skirmish the adjustable FPS saved the day too, on its highest setting it was 365fps, dropped it down a hole and hey presto 340fps

Comment

yeah i do like allot of ics features but the lack of interchangeability really grinds my gear :D i probably wouldn't get the dd rail but i do think they look f**king wicked!! so its always a possibility hmm im torn

Comment

I just acquired a Star and it bloody lovely

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                                Working...
                                X