When do you call it a day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When do you call it a day?

I had a brief break when it just stopped being fun (and every game I turned up to, I just got handed 3 or 4 rifles and was expected to fix them FOC)

Sold all my kit (some very nice RIF's and gear)... 3 months later I ended up buying a cheap hk416 so I could play once in a while if I fancied.... currently back to looking for places to hide new RIF's and in the process of procuring the same load-outs I used to have!

Take a break for a few months and store your gear (unless you need the cash of course)
    bought [bawt]
    verb
    Simple past tense and past participle of buy.
    brought [brawt]
    verb
    Simple past tense and past participle of bring.

Comment

id say, sella few bits of kit, if you have excessive guns etc.. maybe go down to 2 guns..

there will always be a point that you think there isnt anything else to buy...

i most def wouldnt sell it all...

even ifs justa few times a year you go, still worth keeping the stuff
      FOR SALE
      7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
      , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Iv'e been softing for a good ten years now but i've been finding less and less time to go, as much as I love and enjoy it. I've only ever kept one main AEG at a time and I have always regretted it when I have sold it for whatever reason, and ended up buying another a few months later even if I wasn't going to get to use it for a while - because it was still on my mind

Now I don't think iv'e been since about August now (awesome Skirmish that was too), and I can't say I really miss it when i'm not doing it. I'm sure I'd have a great time if I went again but I think I've reached the stage now where it's time to finally say I've had that fun and experience and now I'm going to stop and get rid of all my gear for good, mainly due to the demands of my career.

But if I do decide I want to get to the odd Skirmish I have mates who will lend me RIFs and kit, and in any case it's not hard to buy again.

Comment

Originally posted by Roxy View Post
          Major issues in my personal life have lead me to have less and less time to give to airsoft. I'm not motivated to go to games, get new gear or work on any of my projects. My gear is sat gathering dust and I know it's money just sat there.

My question is, when do you know when to stop playing and get rid of the gear?
          I had a 2 year break from airsoft back when I was 18. I kept my fav AEG and a pistol along with my tac vest and a set of combats. Then one day my mate said fancy going to a walk-on and havent looked back since. Its worth keeping a small amount of kit. That way you can just jump back in to it, when you get that urge to go again. Unless you really dont think you will ever play again then sell up.
          TM MC-51 (Full Systema Energy gearbox and all the other internal fo shizzal)
          Star AW-338 Sniper Rifle
          Maruzen APS Type 96
          TM P226, Tac Master .
          WE SCAR + VFC UGL
          KSC GBB MP7, KSC USP .45 XM survive

Comment

Airsoft is like Lego. Youll never truly lose the urge. It just waxes and wanes.
            AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Take a break, keep a basic armoury, come back at the weekender and join us for a beer!
              sigpic

Comment

A question you should ask yourself.

Are you wanting to take a beak from a hobby as...

A player?

As Staff / organiser?

For family reasons?

The answer is purely up to you, I'd say (personally) if its 1, take a break, walk away, be a woman.

if its option 2, and its not personal, would the location suffer from your insight, input or your presence? well thats harder, take a defined break and communicate, even if its well I', not going to be involved for a while.

Option 3 is harder, its something that's hard for you,v you have to ask yourself if your going to be a horrible person if you don't have this relief, this agressive ME time, or does it make no difference? would you prefer the sunday morning in the shower, doing nothing more than smiling?

The choice is up to you, I can't tell you, no one on here can, I've not had a chance to play alongside or against you but the choice is yours, think of you first.
                Opinions are like ar**holes, everyone has one.

Usually found being very unimpressed by a lot of players, but gets a pleasant surprise when they actually have a clue on a game day.

Comment

I would only give up if my regular sites just suddenly became a whole lot worse for whatever reason (rules, price etc) and I would have to travel ridiculously far to play anywhere decent. The other reason would be for serious health reasons of course.

Comment

I would always if I felt like that, take a break for a bit but I would never sell my stuff unless something very VERY serious came up.

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Roxy Been an airsofter since October 2008 Find out more about Roxy
                    Working...
                    X