Collapse

Blue paint/marker pen/...stuff on guns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blue paint/marker pen/...stuff on guns?

Haha agreed, alot of people consider it abit of a fashion parade! :P
    WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

paintpen is the tool you want , they do make your rifle look pretty authentic aslong as you dont over do them

Comment

Yeah im one of those wierd guys, i hate milsim, but i hate hicaps, two tones and spray soft. im like a dodgy middle man who points fingers at both sides and then gets shot by a 12 year old with a springer two tone pistol who has crawled 200m for the shot past a row of milsim guys scared to get thier kit dirty. Just glad airsoft caters for all aspects of itself. Gotta love it when you see half of 'systema city, helmet wearing, look at me i have RS medic scissors' wasted by a rental with a hicap. But back on topic yes we call those gun numbers 'butt numbers' teh way we do it each platoon has a different backing colour like red for recce platoon, then we use a tip ex pen to write the butt number on then go over it with clear nail polish to stop it scratching off. works a treat on oir l85 we do it either on top of the susat or the little bit of space on the handguard under the barrel. Hope that helps.
        Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

Originally posted by jockjay View Post
          Gotta love it when you see half of 'systema city, helmet wearing, look at me i have RS medic scissors' wasted by a rental with a hicap.
          Why...?

If it adds to their experience and it's something they are happy to spend their money on then all power to them.

While I admit I am one of those guys who runs around with a PACA, a bunch of glowsticks and medical scissors, I have perfectly legitimate uses for all of those things.

Though even if I didn't, and just felt those things had value enough (to me) to warrant spending my money on then why does that affect anything? Some cool looking cordura and a few bits of plastic doesn't change anything about the player so why does it matter if they got shot from a rental or from some ex SFSG bad ass. I wouldn't look down upon a guy with an old set of DPM BDUs and one high cap and I wouldn't expect him to look down on me just because I spent money on a sport I enjoy, at the end of the day everyone's just there to have fun, how they make that fun is their choice. If I feel it adds to my experience then anyone looking down upon me must be, quite frankly, rather pathetic.

There seems to be a lot of people in the "I hate gear queers" camp so just as a side note I feel equally about the MILSIM elitists and them.

Thanks for the info though.

Comment

Calm the beans fellas, no need to get flamage. It was primarily curiousity, but having known a couple of people to have gear lifted at trusted sites it wouldn't go amiss to have some markings on your equipment. I've never really been about looking RS, i just like good quality gear that looks good and does the job and that often means you will end up with the odd bit of proper kit. Either way though, thanks to all that have replied. We still haven't actually figured out what they use that gives that whitey blue look. It's annoying me more than actually wanting to use it lol
            Sh*t happens. But mostly to me, so you're okay.

----

Comment

Apologies, was hungover to auschvitz last night. Didnt mean to poke anyone in the eye, I love the fact airsofters have the freedom within the sport to carve thier own hobby and extract fun from wherever they find it, im just a cynical squaddie so milsim can grind my gears a bit as it reminds me of work he he. On the flip side i agree if someone wants to go through the discomfort of wearing a helmet and (this means you GZ jake) wear lead roofing as sappi plates to get thier airsoft buzz, yeps power to ya. I initially carried a med kit as im team medic trained in the army, then i was warned off that battelfield cas drills will just get me sued if i try to help an injured airsofter so sacked that right off. Mrs jockjay would have my pants down if i dont keep the cash coming for her shoes!

And the incident you highlighted was just somethimg that happened a few games ago, one of the milsim teams kept getting pure smashed by the same kid, they made him chrono his gun, set marshals on him and eventually refused to play. Totally bumming myself here but after all this gobbing off im doing im actually going to butt numbers my guns........
              Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

No need for apologies, that does sound pretty funny though! I guess I just like to question those sort of statements, some people just get a random rage boner over things for no real reason, that bugs me all to hell.

I had a white marking on a second hand stock I bought which I assumed was done with tipp-ex, but it looked too well written for a tipp-ex brush thingy.

Comment

You get those squeezy tippex pens that all the chavs at school used to get hardons over, so might have been one of those. This is turning into the quest for the holy grail...
                  Sh*t happens. But mostly to me, so you're okay.

----

Comment

I think that it looks completely ridiculous if you ask me.

Although if you were to do it, TyreArt pens are excellent. They're used for writing on race tyres so are super high ultimate wear resistant and should stand the test of time.
                    SAVE OUR SPORT
                    http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

Or do what the army do, go super expensive, clear nail polish......nakes your gun honk for a week but its sturdy stuff, the cheaper and tackier teh better!!
                      Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

izza Find out more about izza
                      Working...
                      X