Handheld SatNav/Mapping devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handheld SatNav/Mapping devices

Aside form being useful getting to sites, has anyone used a SatNav/GPS/Mapping device in game?

Objectives could be logged as precise waypoints and it'd prevent those mis-wanderings...

I can see it becoming incredibly useful, especially at those sprawling woodland sites, or does the cost outweigh the benefit?

Re: Handheld SatNav/Mapping devices

Ermm...

I hope people don't.

do you?

Comment

Theres an iphone app that does the same thing, plus it can link other iphones who are also using it so you could see where your squad mates are.

I wouldn't risk anything like that though cause a BB is just going to ruin that lovely touch screen at some point, just you wait.
      SAVE OUR SPORT
      http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

Not seen anybody with one, but I'd be all for that.

If people willing to spend all their money on the best camo, good comms and weapon upgrades - makes sence to get the intel right too!

Comment

I wouldn't fancy taking my satnav out into a game. I've got a feeling Mr.T would give my position away :p

Comment

Originally posted by apmaman View Post
            Theres an iphone app that does the same thing, plus it can link other iphones who are also using it so you could see where your squad mates are.

I wouldn't risk anything like that though cause a BB is just going to ruin that lovely touch screen at some point, just you wait.
            I downloaded a gps app, was going to try it out at a game. Would be cool to see where you are on the map and mark objectives.

Comment

how about the GPS Airsoft Land Warrior System currently being sold on a site on the net.. that i cant say
              sigpic
              9mm Glock 19, Spikes Armory AR15, Mossberg 12 Gauge 18in The joys of living in the USA

Comment

i have one but i'd never take it in game it could get damaged or lost

Comment

I was thinking something more along the lines of this: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=145&pID=14902#

I hope I can link to that as it's not a competitor site?

It's relatively compact, tough and waterproof. And it would allow you to plot objectives, bunkers, spawn points etc. within a site, on a map, and give you a realtime readout of your position and bearing.

They're made for trail walkers and mountain climbers to pinpoint positions and find their bearings, so I don't see why it wouldn't work.

It might be overkill, but at those dense woodland sites I'm sure it would prevent those periods of wandering around trying to find a spawn point or objective...

Comment

Google Maps on your phone ftw :D (I don't use it for games but its pretty damn accurate with the GPS on.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

A friend of mine who is in the army used a wrist mounted GPS System at last years weekender. I thought it was a waste of time but when we got lost in bushes, trying to find the village it proved very useful. All he did was as we got to different bases and POI he would hit remember location. It was a very basic system as it wasnt map based but still quite useful for us who dont know the site that well.
                      TM MC-51 (Full Systema Energy gearbox and all the other internal fo shizzal)
                      Star AW-338 Sniper Rifle
                      Maruzen APS Type 96
                      TM P226, Tac Master .
                      WE SCAR + VFC UGL
                      KSC GBB MP7, KSC USP .45 XM survive

Comment

go on zero one and type in GPS-CLR
                        is that the type of thing your on about?
                        peace up ace down

Comment

Speaking of sat navs

was just on a site and i saw they have made their own future warrior system

you Eye piece on the helmet

its a GPS system and it works lol

They will actually make them if a team is interested in investing?

overkill much
                          Last edited by Rampage; 13 July, 2009, 16:29. Reason: Remove Retailer

Comment

It looks like that one. Cant be sure tho. Ill ask him when I next speak to him.
                            TM MC-51 (Full Systema Energy gearbox and all the other internal fo shizzal)
                            Star AW-338 Sniper Rifle
                            Maruzen APS Type 96
                            TM P226, Tac Master .
                            WE SCAR + VFC UGL
                            KSC GBB MP7, KSC USP .45 XM survive

Comment

Originally posted by MiniSnipa View Post
                              Speaking of sat navs

was just on and i saw they have made their own future warrior system

you Eye piece on the helmet

its a GPS system and it works lol
                              this is the one i was speaking about they can also make it so that if u have a cam on your helmet on your screen u can see what they are looking at.. clever stuff.. but im guessing stupidly priced
                              Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 15 July, 2009, 14:17.
                              sigpic
                              9mm Glock 19, Spikes Armory AR15, Mossberg 12 Gauge 18in The joys of living in the USA

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

B.E.N. Intensive airsofter and forum heckler. I like dismantling stuff. Find out more about B.E.N.
                              Working...
                              X