serpa holster clones, yes or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: serpa holster clones, yes or no?

both my g17/22 clone holsters were £14 including postage. the screws on mine are perfect, theres zero slack in them whatsoever, if your really worried about them coming undone put tiny little sprung washers between the screw head and the holster and they will no way come undone then!!
    and in any case, the bit where i would worry if it got marked would be the slide and thats covered whilst in the holster...
    Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Bearing in mind I saw the genuine version of what I have for £100. If it all explodes and falls to the floor (not done in nearly 2 years so far!) I'll use the money I saved to buy another pistol

Comment

I would get a Real one. Saves all the aggravation of having to hunt for your pistol after the Clone on has broke.
        SHADOW COMPANY - (IC)/SNIPER

Comment

It's plastic, what exactly is there to go wrong with it?

I buy quality when I need to, and a SERPA is something which does not need the big bucks spent on. If my drop leg can survive 2 whole years of running like a mad man, and being dragged across the floor - I think that will do. Bearing in mind my holster has outlasted atleast 10 Glocks I've owned too!

Comment

KarCop (along with others) has Blackhawk serpa fior his Marui Glock 17. He just undid the screws a little, and it seems to be absolutely fine. I'm sure there's a very similar thread to this posted in the last week or so.
            Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Originally posted by balaclava ben View Post
              both my g17/22 clone holsters were £14 including postage. the screws on mine are perfect, theres zero slack in them whatsoever, if your really worried about them coming undone put tiny little sprung washers between the screw head and the holster and they will no way come undone then!!...
              Its not about the screws coming undone, its about the screw and the associated boss falling out of the holster as a single piece. Which often happens as has been documented. Dont get me wrong, they are cheap and work to a point but be aware that you may lose your pistol and/or a mag if you use the clone holders too. This might not be an issue for some, especially if they are using cheap guns in a cqb environment but as I only ever play woodland in a lot of acres the chances of finding lost equipment is virtually zero. I gave up with clones when I lost one mag which cost £30 to replace inc shipping and found all 3 bosses falling out of of the holster. Im just thankful I spotted the bosses before I lost the gun too.

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR
              TM chrome Deagle / KWA P226 / WE G18C Gen4

Comment

Originally posted by Planemo View Post
                Its not about the screws coming undone, its about the screw and the associated boss falling out of the holster as a single piece. Which often happens as has been documented. Dont get me wrong, they are cheap and work to a point but be aware that you may lose your pistol and/or a mag if you use the clone holders too. This might not be an issue for some, especially if they are using cheap guns in a cqb environment but as I only ever play woodland in a lot of acres the chances of finding lost equipment is virtually zero. I gave up with clones when I lost one mag which cost £30 to replace inc shipping and found all 3 bosses falling out of of the holster. Im just thankful I spotted the bosses before I lost the gun too.
                i really don't know what you mean, the only screws that are on mine are the 4 that attach it to the belt holder! apart from that its 100% plastic with 1 sprung metal plate in it for the catch

Comment

Originally posted by balaclava ben View Post
                  i really don't know what you mean, the only screws that are on mine are the 4 that attach it to the belt holder!
                  Those are the ones. Some use 3, some use 4.

Re the 'plastic is plastic' suggestion, unfortunately it isnt. The clones are made from a type which tends to break/fracture rather than bend as per the genuine item. To put this into context, one forum member fell onto his clone during a skirmish and the holster snapped clean off the platform. This wouldnt happen with the polymer used on the original.

I fully agree though, I feel that genuine Serpas are horrendously priced and I cant believe that they cant make them cheaper but while the only option available isnt up to scratch I will keep buying genuine until a decent clone is made.

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR
                  TM chrome Deagle / KWA P226 / WE G18C Gen4

Comment

Clone. Horrible. Nasty. Never again.

Comment

it's a glock 18 i have, it WONT fit a 17 holster, i know it won't, not without mods anyway, and the clone i have doens't have the little screw, i guess i'll see how long this lasts, i'll quickly file it down, and if it's that bad, i'll have to stretch to the blackhawk one lol... damn it :P

Comment

would go for the proper holster but chinese copy for platform as the chinese copy holsters break easily
                        free kit kat with everything you buy/ tarde with me

Comment

The G17 is the same frame as a G18c... if one fits... they both fit.

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                            No Glock 17 holster will fit a marui glock because they are wider than the real ones.

We can't tell you where to buy one because of forum rules, but anywhere that sells tactical kit will stock the one you are after, which is the 21 style one.

Your other option is to attack the inside of your holster with some kind of bastard file and widen it by a couple mm...
                            Oh you're good, REAL good...

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                              The G17 is the same frame as a G18c... if one fits... they both fit.
                              we seem to be repeating ourselves a bit tonight eh

Comment

Yeh, live in hope it may sink in eventually....

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

joshh1512 Find out more about joshh1512
                                Working...
                                X